Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many want to keep this up in the next release?

Me
- 16 (22.9%)
Me!
- 54 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 261

Author Topic: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.  (Read 498193 times)

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF from scratch: The entirely player-made universe succession.
« Reply #2955 on: December 07, 2013, 03:27:40 pm »

While I'm here; Does DF from Scrath have any Good or Evil area specific animals? I'm more curious about good regions to be honest.
I'm currently working on a few types of good creatures, including goats, pussycats, and birds.

On another note, if anyone has any suggestions for my fort, feel free to post them. I feel it helps to have a definite goal.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: December 07, 2013, 03:37:37 pm »

Build a wooden tower to be seen by all, a call for help in denial of the trade guild, thus inventing the Semaphore.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: December 07, 2013, 04:26:06 pm »

Well if these were dwarves and you were self sufficient or/and had others to trade with, I would suggest designing a trap to kill the traders and declare independance from your civ. But since that is a tad much/silly and these are halflings, you could just aim to make your home the main export area of all fine goods, become rich and make these traders jealous of your success. So fancy lodgings, more trade, maybe a mock market like area, with statues and other signs of wealth. A tower of sorts could be neat depending on what you put in it.
Maybe be a tad dull/silly or unimaginative.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: December 07, 2013, 05:10:11 pm »

Hey, just downloaded the most recent git-hub link, and I would like to ask a few small questions. I was just examining my little Ants pre-embark, and found one that, "When possible [it] prefers to consume ... and platymoose poison". Others include "Nidoran Poison". Do Formics have any immunity to poison, or would it be a really bad idea to let it indulge in its' preference?

Are Wisps of Rage edible? Another Formic likes to eat them, but I assumed it wasn't possible because they're vermin. Others include a preference for consuming vigors, and oculentibus tears. I assume those are intentional, but I do wonder about the poison thing.

PS: How good is zirecon for weapons/tools? It's rather cheap, so I assume It's not very good for those things, but I figured it safer to ask.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:17:31 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: December 07, 2013, 08:41:58 pm »

It's pretty crappy, but that's the point.

I find it pretty funny that you asked that, since Zirecon came from a suggestion to include baseline metals to give people a point of comparison to. We got copper from the resulting raws, but also this additional fantasy metal.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: December 07, 2013, 11:33:42 pm »

Excerpt from the Journal of Dirt Championblue, Manager of The Masters of Battle and Oldgreen:

24th Felsite, 502

Caravans from the Forested civilization and the Trade Guild recently arrived at our depot, and we were able to trade our burdle shell crafts and our azurine pipes for various odds-and-ends. We obtained some exotic wood, vokda, food, clothing, and an aphidida from our fellow halflings, and a bit of clay from the treelords. Currently, their representative is speaking with the mayor to work out the next trade agreement, and our workers are chruning out more goods for the next merchants. Until we have the strength to properly resist, we shall have to give into the demands of the Guild.

22nd Galena, 502

The terrible beast known as Hill arrived almost one week ago. Despite the great legends associated with its kind, the monster fell easily to our archers. The only casualty was a single baby, who will be interred in a glass coffin and will have a proper slab to memorialize its death.

Meanwhile, the mayor has created a mighty cape made of leather. I suspect that she will wear it with pride as she hunts for our meat.

9th Sandstone, 502

The past few months have been so busy that it is only now that I have had time to write of our developments. We have had two more migrant waves; no doubt the Guild took note of our increased production and sent more workers to boost work level even higher.

The first group of houses is complete. With the amount of new halflings that are coming in, many more will need to be constructed soon.

Azurine hives have been built so that we can make use of the myomorphs that roam the area. I hope that their products are of use to us.

A powered mill has been constructed with four wind-turbines powering it. The millers no longer have an excuse to laze about.

Finally, the lizardfolk have figured out the location of this village and have already sent four thieves to snatch our children. Needless to say, they were slaughtered, though we must increase our defenses if we wish to survive against the more hostile members of this world.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: December 07, 2013, 11:38:38 pm »

Stinkdogs?

Also YAY! Burdle shells are working properly

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: December 08, 2013, 08:24:04 am »

I love this idea! Can I sign up for a modding turn? I'm not very good, but I can try.
Also, I discovered some kind of bug:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: December 08, 2013, 11:54:44 am »

Hey. I just genned a new world and found something somewhat interesting (least to me) about it. Despite its age of 125 years, this world has only seen a single artifact. UglyFoul, an Azurine Stone Slab created by the Lizardfolk god of death (Death, a skeletal female lizardfolk), and gifted to Minibim Heirlake, who used it to achieve the status of Lord of the dead.

Seeing as it is the only artifact in the whole world, I find it fitting that my goal be to retrieve this holy relic. However, I have a few questions first (just in case their are any difference from vanilla I need to know of):
And any other information you find relevant would be most appreciated.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: December 08, 2013, 02:11:29 pm »

2.I don't think daemonic are living...

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: December 08, 2013, 02:46:45 pm »

1: For whatever reason, it seems that almost all of the zombies are trolls. I am looking into this matter at the moment, but for now you'll need either (a.) extreme sneaking abilities or (b.) pure brute strength.
2. The trolls are the largest clothes-wearing creatures in the game, I believe, so their zombies are going to be well protected against most races. I would recommend a troll, as will be a better match against the zombies. The daemonic cherubim would be a second choice, but (if I modded correctly) they are immune to the powers of the slabs, thus the victory would be pyrrhic. Also note that the death gods will also grant the powers of the Dead directly to those who defile their temples, so there may be several towers in the world, with only one actual slab.
3. Simply have novice reading level and be a non-angelic creature, and you'll be able to reap your rewards.

Another thing to note is that there are actually two types of zombies, though as of now, the second type does not do much.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: December 08, 2013, 05:55:43 pm »

Will aim for sneaking, will try to get the slab and read it before they find me or defeat them from a distance.

The guy who has the slab, he found it in 31 and at some point became a warlord of a bandit gang, then went on to do a whole lot of nothing for 94 years. There are a few others like him, if by some miracle I succeed, I will have to pay them a visit. Thanks for the advice.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 05:59:48 pm by Cain12 »

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: December 08, 2013, 07:32:01 pm »

1: For whatever reason, it seems that almost all of the zombies are trolls. I am looking into this matter at the moment, but for now you'll need either (a.) extreme sneaking abilities or (b.) pure brute strength.
2. The trolls are the largest clothes-wearing creatures in the game, I believe, so their zombies are going to be well protected against most races. I would recommend a troll, as will be a better match against the zombies. The daemonic cherubim would be a second choice, but (if I modded correctly) they are immune to the powers of the slabs, thus the victory would be pyrrhic. Also note that the death gods will also grant the powers of the Dead directly to those who defile their temples, so there may be several towers in the world, with only one actual slab.
3. Simply have novice reading level and be a non-angelic creature, and you'll be able to reap your rewards.

Another thing to note is that there are actually two types of zombies, though as of now, the second type does not do much.

The trolls being the most prominent zombies might have something to do with other entities lacking the [UNDEAD_CANDIDATE] tag. Nobody really knows what that does, only that it might generate animate corpses from that entity's race in necro towers and underground fortresses. It might also simply have something to do with math; troll corpses being harder to kill, more of them will survive worldgen than any other type of corpse.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: December 09, 2013, 01:17:31 pm »

So... it just occured to me that the latest DFhack has scripts for riding on things.

PANSERBLEKK STEED TIME
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 261