Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3758829 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Warrens of Visual Novel
« Reply #7245 on: July 18, 2013, 06:59:41 pm »

"(Roll: ??) You're too late to stop what happens next."
I think it was the Rillbot.
Why?
Because it didn't show the die roll on the attack. If that hidden roll was for the Oversoul thing, then that means that the Rillbot didn't even have to roll to cut Al in half, easily making it the most dangerous thing we've fought.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: July 18, 2013, 07:02:54 pm »

Polaris did 15 damage to us. But it was a 1d6 piercing shot

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:08:14 pm by javierpwn »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: July 18, 2013, 07:07:47 pm »

"(Roll: ??) You're too late to stop what happens next."
I think it was the Rillbot.
Why?
Because it didn't show the die roll on the attack. If that hidden roll was for the Oversoul thing, then that means that the Rillbot didn't even have to roll to cut Al in half, easily making it the most dangerous thing we've fought.
The only way that would work is if it dealt 5+ bonus damage or was rolling 6+ dice. I'm not sure if the former would qualify, the second clearly wouldn't.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: July 18, 2013, 07:10:47 pm »

Ahaa! The Security enforcer rolled a 1d20, but landed an 11!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: July 18, 2013, 07:30:35 pm »

Security enforcer?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: July 18, 2013, 07:34:01 pm »

Security enforcer?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: July 18, 2013, 07:37:43 pm »

Ahhhhh.

Hrm, that was in weird soul-dance combat or something though, wasn't it? I'm not sure if that counts or not.

...then again, I suppose Cain's boss enough to expect him to have 40 hp or something, so it just might.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: July 18, 2013, 07:48:07 pm »

We were damaging it normally(except HP was replaced with Groove) and using abilities as well. It was doing the same as well.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: July 18, 2013, 07:53:08 pm »

Whoa.

Well then. Watch out for Security Enforcers and watch way the fuck out for Cain.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: July 18, 2013, 08:36:19 pm »

Goddammit I leave you guys alone for a day and you run afoul of MURDERBOTS. God dammit.

Um. um um um.

Evasive action is my suggestion. I literally don't give two shits how you do it, but GET OUT OF THERE. DO NOT FIGHT THESE GUYS. When we get back to the storage, we had GODDAMN BETTER get the hat. Probably store the ice pole in exchange for it, if we wanna keep inventory open, but we desperately need that thing. Don't be afraid to sacrifice Goombess if we need to in order to make a clean getaway--these things have killed a PC every single time we've encountered them.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: July 18, 2013, 08:37:19 pm »

They've killed a C each time we've encountered them, but it wasn't always a PC.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: July 18, 2013, 09:01:18 pm »

Goddammit I leave you guys alone for a day and you run afoul of MURDERBOTS. God dammit.

Um. um um um.

Evasive action is my suggestion. I literally don't give two shits how you do it, but GET OUT OF THERE. DO NOT FIGHT THESE GUYS. When we get back to the storage, we had GODDAMN BETTER get the hat. Probably store the ice pole in exchange for it, if we wanna keep inventory open, but we desperately need that thing. Don't be afraid to sacrifice Goombess if we need to in order to make a clean getaway--these things have killed a PC every single time we've encountered them.

This man deserves a plus and a number one.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I first thought it might be something that was mentioned here but that doesn't appear to be the case, since there's so much ??ing going on.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: July 18, 2013, 11:32:59 pm »

We're talking about die sizes, otherwise the searchbots' 2d6 would have trumped 1d10 already.

2d6 did trump 1d10.  FFS said that 1d10 is the highest die size we've seen so far, and 2d6 is the second highest damage.

Willborn Yaos was able to do 3d4 damage. Still only 12 damage.

On average, 3d4 is more than 2d6.  If Proxxy had that, then that's our more dangerous attack.  However, I'm not sure Yaos's normal attacks count as enemy attacks, since he didn't use them when he was an enemy.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: July 18, 2013, 11:50:39 pm »

We're talking about die sizes, otherwise the searchbots' 2d6 would have trumped 1d10 already.

2d6 did trump 1d10.  FFS said that 1d10 is the highest die size we've seen so far, and 2d6 is the second highest damage.
FFS said that 2d6 is the "most deadly enemy attack." 2d6 is also 7 average damage, while 1d10 is 5.5.

Although, now that I'm reading that again, he did say enemy. I'm curious if Security Enforcers count as enemies/count as enemies yet.
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 1544