Poll

Poll Closed

Poll Closed
- 0 (0%)
Poll Closed
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Let's Play Shadow President (A New Beginning)  (Read 3670 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Shadow President (A New Beginning)
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2023, 06:14:19 am »

"Let us build our billion-dollar machine, and we will save America from the barbarians at the gate." Senator Robert Kinsey, Stargate SG-1 episode "Politics"

Oh, I think the Germans have something we could use...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2023, 04:05:49 am »

Dang Soviets are taking over everything, probably gonna need to focus on the home front for a bit.

Also I've only watched the stargate movie probably should watch the show at some point.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2023, 04:24:15 pm »

World War III - America Under Siege

It is now official, the United States is now at war with both Mexico and Canada. Throughout January 1998 alone, there has been multiple military and covert strikes mainly between Canada and the United States. The United States has closed all trade with both Canada and Mexico while conducting military strikes against both countries. The Russians have also staged an attack against the East Texas Oil Field, setting numerous fires and explosions killing hundreds and causing a plume of smoke to cover much of the sky throughout North Texas and Louisiana with many comparing the scene to the Kuwaiti oilfield burning of the Gulf War. The United States retaliated by launching a successful military strike against the Soviet Union.

The United States has once again declared a state of martial law with civil liberties temporarily becoming restricted in the name of national security. This Administration has often denounced its own actions and has vowed that it would not preside over the demise of Democracy in the United States and that once the emergency is over full constitutional rights would be restored henceforth.

The President, Secretary of Defense, and the Joint Chiefs are going over battle plans for dealing with the enemy threat to Ameica's shores with War Plan Red and War Plan Green often being referenced. Due to the massive recruitment from Mexico, the United States will in all likelihood need to withdraw most troops from overseas in order to invade both Mexico and Canada especially seeing that the forces currently poised to invade the Soviet Union aren't large enough anyways and we cannot afford to send reinforcements at the cost of opening the continental United States to invasion. Further military action overseas will remain defensive for the most part though the Joint Chiefs are proposing to launch a military invasion of a relatively isolated ally or potential ally of Russia to show the world namely the Soviet Union that the United States military can still project itself globally.

North American Front
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Key North American Maps

U.S. Martial Law
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 05:02:34 pm by Tok'ra Operative »
"Let us build our billion-dollar machine, and we will save America from the barbarians at the gate." Senator Robert Kinsey, Stargate SG-1 episode "Politics"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2023, 04:15:07 am »

Well it seems the US is surrounded, makes you wonder if they'd survive if the Soviets, Canada, and Mexico all attacked at once.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2023, 10:03:10 pm »

Moving Break

Okay I have packed up my desktop computer so further Let's Play Shadow President will be impossible until after I have moved and I got settled in. I'd like to say a week but for safety we should assume it could be a month. I think I left off the LP at a reasonable point anyways. The United States is effectively under siege and potentially faces an existential threat from the Imperialist Soviet Union and its allies in the ongoing Third World War. I might end up writing a scenario based on that particular saved game with a few small adjustments possible. Meanwhile anyone should feel free to start up a new Let's Play of their own to keep this thread going and so I am not the only one contributing playthrough updates.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2023, 05:23:51 am »

Hope everything goes smoothly for you on your move!

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2024, 10:22:53 am »

June 1, 1998 - Eight Years Later

It is now mid-1998 (exactly 8 in-game years since the start of this LP and my first update since returning from my extended break). World War III, which began in December 1997 with a limited Soviet nuclear strike against the United States and followed by a failed Soviet invasion of Japan and failed Chinese invasion of Hong Kong over the following months, is ongoing with no signs of peace happening anytime soon. The Imperialist Soviet Union recently began a full-scale invasion of Communist China and the Russians are clearly in the process of winning their first major conventional victory in the Third World War with Chinese losses already exceeding 100,000 in less then a week while the Russians only lost a few hundred (which is amazing considering how poorly Russia is doing in Ukraine in real-life). And this is on top of the People's Liberation Army having already lost two million in the Second Korean War and the Battle of Hong Kong. Due to enmity sentiment between the U.S. and China, sending military aid to China isn't an option because they will not accept and the United States Armed Forces are in the process of being recalled back from overseas in order to neutralize the direct threat to our national sovereignty which had loomed over us since December 1997 when the Soviets sponsored a successful coup in Canada. The United States is now using the invasion of China as an opportunity to finally eliminate that threat by launching a full-scale invasion of Canada. Mexico which had mobilized over two million troops remains a significant threat and Bahamas and Solomon Islands have flipped to Imperialist further increasing our determination to secure our nation's borders. Martial law remains in force in the United States due to the war with police state levels remaining "restricted" but despite this my popularity remains above 90% - I guess the American people currently value security over freedom for the time being. So far there has been no major fighting in Europe save for a few surgical strikes and covert operations. Of course this isn't counting multiple surgical strikes and covert ops the U.S. has targeted against the Soviet Union. Most conventional fighting thus far has taken place in Asia though potential for new fronts opening in Europe, the Americas, and the Middle East remain high. The Soviet Union and the United States have also been hit with a number of surgical strikes and covert operations with infrastructure and military forces sustaining losses. Canada in particular has been vicious with such attacks on the U.S. while on a few occasions the Soviets forced the cancellation of surgical strikes on their territory by threatening massive retaliation.

Key Status

Key Maps

World War III

I'm Back!
After taking a break for moving and having to extend it further due to having to repair my desktop computer (good thing I always back up my saves) and waiting for this forum itself to be up and running again, I have finally returned and already have a major update for the 8 in-game year mark with details and screenshots shown below.

Edit Note: I have made changes to this most mainly by going back to the start of the Soviet invasion of China and recalling most U.S. forces from overseas. Furthermore the U.S. has launched an invasion of Canada at the start of June 1998
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 08:47:29 am by Tok'ra Operative »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2024, 03:00:52 am »

Huzza, it has returned!

If China won't take the aid it seems there isn't much we can do to help them given our situation, which means they're on their own, hopefully they can hold off the Soviets for a while.

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2024, 03:02:23 pm »

End of the Third World War

It is June 23, 1998 and I am pleased to report that World War III has finally ended after roughly a year and a half without further nuclear escalation. The United States successfully securing its borders by occupying Canada, Bahamas, Solomon Islands, Cuba, and Mexico. The People's Republic of China capitulated to the Soviet Union around the same time and the United States sees no point in further risk of escalation to liberate another enemy state. Due to both sides being able to legitimately declare victory because of the United States effectively becoming the United States of North America and the Soviet Union occupying China, the Third World War has technically ended with a strategic draw and a state of cold conflict has resumed. The United States has restored its ethic ratings back to "honest" now that there is no longer any need to risk sentiment with our friends and allies in order to prosecute a global conflict. Martial law is set to be lifted and the United States shall now focus on post-war recovery and restoring peace levels of our allies. America's spending deficit has also been greatly reduced thanks to its expansion throughout North America. Soviet ambition has been reduced thanks to China imposing a trade embargo thereby significantly reducing the likelihood of further Soviet aggression. Vietnam and Laos are now the only remaining Communist countries left in the world.

Final Battles of World War III

Post-War Key Maps & Status
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 10:15:39 am by Tok'ra Operative »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2024, 09:47:00 pm »

Congratulations, I was not sure you would be successful in expanding from The United States to the Rest of North America!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2024, 01:59:40 am »

Dang you made quick work of those wars, I would have thought Mexico would have lasted longer, but it's better that they went quick.

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2024, 12:29:38 pm »

January 1, 1999 - Peace In Our Time

It is now New Years's Day as the Year 1999 begins with the Third World War now behind us and our planet is now on the path to finally achieving world peace. The Soviet Union has been downgraded from "enmity" to "rivalry" with Soviet ambition dropping below the CIA level of concern so the chances of another world war are greatly reduced. The Soviet Union still occupies China with roughly half its military deployed there which means one less nuclear power to worry about HOWEVER Soviet ally Brazil recently detonated its first test bomb which means the Soviet bloc is about to have two nuclear powers instead of one. Zaire and Congo recently switched to Imperialist and have allied with the Soviet Union. The U.S. maintains troops in Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi all of which are Developing Capitalist and U.S. allies. Saddam Hussein's Iraq has finally formally allied with the United States so I will be ending the U.N. embargo and granting Most Favored Nation status. With Egypt now allied with the Imperialist Soviet Union, the State of Israel is now surrounded on all sides making their defense a critical priority. Ironically Saddam may have to come to Israel's rescue... Communism is no longer among the top six ideologies with Vietnam and Laos remaining the only remaining Communist states left in the world AND the only ones from what I can tell that maintains a state of enmity with the United States - haven't checked Sudan in that regard yet. Anyways a Second Vietnam War is on the table in case we decide to eliminate the last remnant of communism once and for all though the Russians might object even though they're no longer friends with the Vietnamese - now if the Russians decide to invade Vietnam I doubt we'll even consider trying to stop them.

Beginning of 1999 Status Maps

Soviet Rivalry

United States of North America/Greater Soviet Union
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 12:32:28 pm by Tok'ra Operative »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2024, 12:26:26 am »

Good job promoting peace and tranquility.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2024, 03:47:59 am »

Looks like we have the start of Cold War 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Pages: 1 2 [3]