Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 102070 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #1050 on: October 27, 2015, 11:32:06 am »

"A ship. Some better questions would be, 'who the hell are you' and 'how did you get here'. Care to answer them?" Hasala says, still in his HMRC/ARM-standard-unpainted MkIII and one hand on his modified laser rifle.

(Suit comms:)
:A woman in odd civilian clothing and armed with a pistol just materialized on the bridge.:

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • got it all worked out, don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 27, 2015, 11:42:32 am »

"Don't know how I got here. It... just kind happened, you know? You guys are with ARM, right? I'm Xael Smirnova, with Mission 23."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 27, 2015, 12:41:34 pm »

"I LIVE! And I'm falling, it seems. How long has been since I was out? Where the heck are we even? "

"Less than hour, I think. Not exactly sure. This is a spaceship we stole. Now we are in somewhere we are crearly not supposed to be. Not in space and not on planet atmosphere. Somewhere in darkness. Kinda similar as the anomaly that caused all this shit. The inner one."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 27, 2015, 01:01:06 pm »

"Less than hour, I think. Not exactly sure. This is a spaceship we stole. Now we are in somewhere we are crearly not supposed to be. Not in space and not on planet atmosphere. Somewhere in darkness. Kinda similar as the anomaly that caused all this shit. The inner one."
"I am always amazed at how we manage to get into situations like these. You'd think it would be a one in a million kind of deal, but it just keep happening. So, what do we do now?" He says, while stretching his limbs and getting used to the body "Oh, and thanks for setting me up with this. Being a braincase is dreadfully boring."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 27, 2015, 01:05:55 pm »

"I imagine it might be. You owe me one, if I ever get to cash it in... As for what to do now, I suppose we try to find way out of this mess and punch Maurice few times for releasing this monster."

Back to the cockpit and think about how to escape from guts of alien god.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 27, 2015, 02:10:24 pm »

((Oh dear. We had such nice silent existence and then one person broke the unspoken rule and now we're all over in RP. ))

:While I don't care about being punched, I have already said on the matter everything there is to say, and if you dare say I caused this once again-:

:A woman in odd civilian clothing and armed with a pistol just materialized on the bridge.:
:-What? I'll be there in a moment.:

:Ulrich, I must say this: If we survive the ordeal, and come through back to ARM and realspace, Steve would be waiting for us. And he would be greatly interested in asking why I took so long before giving the order - Hell, I don't even know if it succeeded, and if the humanity still exists out there! - and what caused this entity to be released. He will most likely conduct special investigation, get the surviving footage, maybe even take mind-scans from us if the footage is compromised. And then, he will find the damn best next thing to the truth about the whole situation. If - he decides that I am the party responsible for all this mayhem, you have my permission to punch me, kick me, or do whatever - and his punishment would probably be much worse.:
To say nothing of what I would want to do with myself for that.

:But until then, until I am proved guilty, relieved of command and all, I am still your mission commander, and I am innocent, and I will not tolerate threats, insubordination or anything that hazards our chances of coming back. I may have already doomed the galaxy just to keep us alive, and I will get us out to safety, if it still exists anywhere. Understood?:
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 27, 2015, 02:39:15 pm »

:Understood.:

Eavesdropper.

:This situation just stresses me more than I want to admit.:
Old sigs.
Games.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 27, 2015, 03:33:20 pm »

Any positioning systems working? Any warnings about intrusion or damage to the hull?
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 28, 2015, 09:42:52 am »

"Yeah, sure" I don't like owing you anything

Get used to this new body, is it the same as a regular robobody? Then just relax and look outside, probably through a monitor or something. Let my mind wander a bit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1059 on: October 29, 2015, 03:43:19 pm »

"I imagine it might be. You owe me one, if I ever get to cash it in... As for what to do now, I suppose we try to find way out of this mess and punch Maurice few times for releasing this monster."

Back to the cockpit and think about how to escape from guts of alien god.

[2]

Ya got nothing.

Any positioning systems working? Any warnings about intrusion or damage to the hull?
Besides the damage your team caused, it seems to be holding. No intrusion warnings, though there is a lot of movement in the area. Positioning seems to be working but is currently not operating because it lacks a point of reference. You could just slap one down here and orient that way.
"Yeah, sure" I don't like owing you anything

Get used to this new body, is it the same as a regular robobody? Then just relax and look outside, probably through a monitor or something. Let my mind wander a bit.
Seems about the same. Bit weaker, less sturdy, slower, but not terribly so. Clearly not a combat model, but serviceable.
[1]
You try to let your mind wander but fall asleep instead. 

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 29, 2015, 10:07:22 pm »

Besides the damage your team caused, it seems to be holding. No intrusion warnings, though there is a lot of movement in the area. Positioning seems to be working but is currently not operating because it lacks a point of reference. You could just slap one down here and orient that way.
Put the point of origin down here, then begin tracking the sensor logs from the moment the ship launched see if I can roughly estimate where we should be also track changes to the ship during the launch especially auto-manipulators. Get a list of functioning systems.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1061 on: October 29, 2015, 10:34:29 pm »

((You can always try turning on the outside lights, if you haven't done so already. I'm certain there's nothing out there waiting to give you a jump scare.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 30, 2015, 03:26:04 am »

((You can always try turning on the outside lights, if you haven't done so already. I'm certain there's nothing out there waiting to give you a jump scare.))
((Once there are more people to kill the evil gribblies that come out of the darkness then we can start poking it))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 30, 2015, 04:44:07 am »

Ulrich has been misarable lately. He has died two times recently. Size of his dick has been insulted by a teenager recently. He lost mentioned dick recently. He saw birth of horrible alien god recently. His long term plans were thrown out of window recently. He has felt like a trapped mouse recently.

He doesn't like being trapped.

Roll will to avoid panic attack (subject to Maurice's speech roll). Upon failure, roll intuition for best course of action. Proceed with it.

((Wasn't the rule "You post here, you stay here"?))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 10:55:35 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 30, 2015, 08:36:06 am »

Allow myself to snooze for a bit. I think I've earned some rest and relaxation.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 85