Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 95

Author Topic: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game  (Read 161560 times)

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« Reply #630 on: June 15, 2012, 02:09:40 pm »

At the end, it was like 3 units fighting each other with stones.

Lots of wounded on both sides. I think it's safe to say that Morek paid a heavy price for their victory. But now I'm in prison, so it's all over for me.

If the surviving Dalians refit quickly enough, can they likely recapture Nifel?

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 15, 2012, 02:23:33 pm »

I can't be certain since I can't see anything while in prison, but that was my first thought. It isn't like we need to go far to refit, while Morek obviously does.

Geffer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 15, 2012, 02:24:54 pm »

I think it's a case of stone soup, actually. Summerdale was just the average realm until 30 nobles from DF flooded into it. Summerdale was great because it had such a high concetration of Bay12ers. The old vets of Summerdale, except Andira who is awesome, are pretty low on roleplay and were ironically some of the first to panic and flee to other realms. It shows the fortitude of DF players that you're all still there, when Duchess Amalie "old as Summerdale itself" Everland ran to Astrum at the first sign of crisis.

Trollheiming.   You chose a very appropriate name for what you've been doing here.  Glad nobody seems to take you seriously, I might be offended.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 15, 2012, 02:46:30 pm »

Woohoo! I made it through the battle unscathed. I didn't do much, just shot peasants really, but still.

Lost 3/4 of my unit (wounded/dead) and the whimps ran off. I mean, come on. We still had 8 guys left. Not to mention the pinpoint testicular aim of Graham himself. Damn whimpy peasants.

Oh well. Now to do it all again tomorrow. Poor Morek, they took a pretty bad kicking in all this. They probably won't get to win this one afterall. Which means we just have to destroy Libero's army in a few turns and we'll all be saved.

Which might be a little harder to do than to say.........
It's a game. Have fun.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 15, 2012, 03:56:38 pm »

Being a little over-optimistic there, sambojin :P

Yeah, we can probably kick Morek out as soon as we refit, but we have a ton of injured and captured nobles. On the bright side, they have tons of injured nobles as well. My unit can personally account for wounding two of them. However, it is unlikely that we'll be able to reach and defeat the Libero forces any time this week.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 15, 2012, 04:00:41 pm »

It frustrates me to no end that I can see how many unread messages I have, but there is nothing I can do to read them! Damnit healers, fix me already!

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 15, 2012, 04:12:27 pm »

It turns out I did manage to injure a noble. This one was just an assist, firstly injured in the battle, now seriously injured by me. Still, that's two on my tally as well so far, but split over two battles.

I didn't think I'd ever be able to say this, but yes, I shot her in the vagina. Roleplaying can be fun :)
It's a game. Have fun.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 15, 2012, 09:16:45 pm »

To all those who keep saying that Amalie and some others ran like hell;

Amalie asked me (Antierre, viscount of Hvergelmir) to switch my allegiance to her duchy before she switched. The queen was wounded, so I assumed it was for some valid reason. I thought we still had a chance at fighting off Morek. In the next five minutes, I got the message that we defected to Astrum. Near as I can tell, the plan was to switch the allegiance of every territory of Summerdale except Nifelheim so that Summerdale would survive. That didn't go through very well, but you guys seem to be doing well on your own. I just wish we could help you now without starting a war with Astrum. Maybe we will switch back some day, and when that happens, I hope that Amalie can defend her actions as well as my honor.

Good luck, Dalians.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

wolflance

• Bay Watcher
  • Not knowing is half the Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 15, 2012, 09:51:07 pm »

Joined as Wulfgar Erhardt to assist the Summerdale, but mistakenly/foolishly pick the wrong place (Storm's Keep) to start my character.

Currently rushing to Nifelheim, I hope I can still help out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 15, 2012, 09:54:01 pm »

Joined as Wulfgar Erhardt to assist the Summerdale, but mistakenly/foolishly pick the wrong place (Storm's Keep) to start my character.

Currently rushing to Nifelheim, I hope I can still help out.
Make sure that you set your unit to evasive under Orders->Unit Settings. That should give you a chance to slip past enemy troops.

wolflance

• Bay Watcher
  • Not knowing is half the Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 15, 2012, 10:00:07 pm »

I disbanded my men after consulting with Sir Bohdan (In game). After several hours of travel (Start playing last night) I am...still at somewhere between Storm's Keep and Storm End.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 15, 2012, 10:07:39 pm »

Amalie asked me (Antierre, viscount of Hvergelmir) to switch my allegiance to her duchy before she switched. The queen was wounded, so I assumed it was for some valid reason. I thought we still had a chance at fighting off Morek. In the next five minutes, I got the message that we defected to Astrum. Near as I can tell, the plan was to switch the allegiance of every territory of Summerdale except Nifelheim so that Summerdale would survive. That didn't go through very well, but you guys seem to be doing well on your own. I just wish we could help you now without starting a war with Astrum. Maybe we will switch back some day, and when that happens, I hope that Amalie can defend her actions as well as my honor.

Good luck, Dalians.
Thanks for the support :D

I do wish there had been an opportunity for discussion before the sudden and drastic changeover, or some warning, or something. I wonder how keeping Nifelheim as the only Dalian region would save it ... I feel like I'm missing something obvious there.

How are things in Astrum? I can't go there because my religion isn't compatible :P

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 15, 2012, 10:23:34 pm »

Erm, as per the forum discussions between Dalians I was watching when the decision was made to defect, it was my understanding one region would remain for those who didn't want to change over to have the chance to fight til the end, aka Epic RP Tiems a-la Losing is Fun.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 15, 2012, 10:24:58 pm »

Good luck, Dalians.
Thanks for the support :D

I do wish there had been an opportunity for discussion before the sudden and drastic changeover, or some warning, or something. I wonder how keeping Nifelheim as the only Dalian region would save it ... I feel like I'm missing something obvious there.

How are things in Astrum? I can't go there because my religion isn't compatible :P
I don't see how we could possibly keep all the nobles we have now if we're stuck with just Nifelheim.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 15, 2012, 10:32:36 pm »

Not to mention that it seems as if sieges are actually effective. A city can't feed itself.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 95