Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404509 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r9a
« Reply #420 on: February 05, 2012, 11:10:30 pm »

Wait...fix wagons?  Fix elven diplomats?  Do those do what I think they do?

If so Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 06, 2012, 01:09:56 am »

Reporting from Linux build, I had some troubles with previous versions of DfHack, but this one is excellent! Even stonesense and df2minecraft are working. Only one plugin is acting up: tidlers. With first run it moves the idlers display to the bottom of the screen, with second run it disappears completely, and after a few runs it goes really weird:

Code: [Select]
[DFHack]# help tidlers
tidlers: Toggle display of idlers.
[DFHack]# tidlers
Toggled the display of idlers to BOTTOM
[DFHack]# tidlers
Toggled the display of idlers to ?
[DFHack]# tidlers
[DFHack]# tidlers
[DFHack]# tidlers
[DFHack]# tidlers
[DFHack]# tidlers
Toggled the display of idlers to TEMPERATURE
[DFHack]# tidlers
Toggled the display of idlers to WEATHER
[DFHack]# tidlers
Toggled the display of idlers to ECONOMY
[DFHack]# tidlers
Toggled the display of idlers to ZERO_RENT
[DFHack]# tidlers
Toggled the display of idlers to AUTOSAVE_SEASONAL
[DFHack]# tidlers
Toggled the display of idlers to AUTOSAVE_YEARLY
[DFHack]# tidlers
Toggled the display of idlers to AUTOSAVE_PAUSE
[DFHack]# tidlers

Fixwagons, fixdiplomats and fixmerchants: do these work with existing worlds and fortresses?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 06, 2012, 01:12:35 am »

Fixwagons, fixdiplomats and fixmerchants: do these work with existing worlds and fortresses?

Yes, that's what they're there for.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #423 on: February 06, 2012, 05:00:19 am »

Only one plugin is acting up: tidlers. With first run it moves the idlers display to the bottom of the screen, with second run it disappears completely, and after a few runs it goes really weird...
Should be fixed now, in r9b.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 06, 2012, 05:19:18 am »

So any news on Fixed dwarf fortresses, Fixed elven fields, Fixed goblin towers?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #425 on: February 06, 2012, 05:30:08 am »

You mean proper map generation for sites? I'd say wait for the next DF release.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 06, 2012, 05:34:08 am »

I'd say wait for the next DF release.

...how many days?  ;D
Finis sanctificat media.

Radtoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r9b
« Reply #427 on: February 06, 2012, 05:35:20 am »

Tiletypes is confusing me. A lot. Maybe not just me, seeing some messages in this thread.

What I noticed so far:
It does not seem to report invalid commands. Even every invalid command just reports the current settings.

There is a "help" feature, but not for the main commands "help filter" or "filter", just for the options. That help is available for the options would probably be better indicated in the title, like "Filter/paint options (see help [option] for details about individual options):" - not at the bottom.

The main command synopsis also is wrong. "filter / f [options]" really is like "filter / f [option] [option argument]", passing multiple options does not work.

I also do not seem able to paint into open space, or manage to place a material from a mod (mithril wall from masterwork df, for instance)? Maybe I missed something, or perhaps this is a tool to "change tiles" rather than "paint map tiles freely"?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #428 on: February 06, 2012, 06:08:11 am »

Tiletypes is confusing me. A lot. Maybe not just me, seeing some messages in this thread.

What I noticed so far:
It does not seem to report invalid commands. Even every invalid command just reports the current settings.

There is a "help" feature, but not for the main commands "help filter" or "filter", just for the options. That help is available for the options would probably be better indicated in the title, like "Filter/paint options (see help [option] for details about individual options):" - not at the bottom.

The main command synopsis also is wrong. "filter / f [options]" really is like "filter / f [option] [option argument]", passing multiple options does not work.

I also do not seem able to paint into open space, or manage to place a material from a mod (mithril wall from masterwork df, for instance)? Maybe I missed something, or perhaps this is a tool to "change tiles" rather than "paint map tiles freely"?
The problem is that the way this works in DF is pretty confusing and the tool doesn't even try to hide that.

here's some examples:
paint sh wall
paint m soil
This will turn tiles into soil walls.

filter sh floor
paint sh ramp
This will turn floors into ramps of the same material (not fixing ramp tops. You have to add those too on the z-level above)

You can nullify any setting by using the value ANY:
filter sh ANY
Now, let's do something interesting:
filter sh SAPLING_OK
paint sh TREE_OK
Turning saplings into trees!

Tiles in the game are really represented by a number. The attributes used in tiletypes just try to make sense of what the number represents and turn it into something a bit more logical. Shape determines the general shape of the tile. Material the general material (not specific!). Variants add different look to tiles that would be otherwise uniform - there's 4 variants for every type of grass material, 4 variants for stone floors, etc. The special attribute is things that didn't fit the scheme.

Now, this has some limits and non-obvious problems. You can't use a specific material. Stone is fine. Soil is fine. Grass is fine for a subset of shapes. The final material is determined by local geology, the mineral veins present and map features (like hell and adamantine tubes). All materials it can use can be listed by using 'help mat'. All shapes by 'help sh'.

Your mod material isn't part of the tile type - you'd either have to have it as a layer stone or part of an already existing vein for it to be placeable by tiletypes... and then you'd only be able to replace already mined tiles, for example like this:
filter mat VEIN
filter sh FLOOR
paint sh WALL
Replace mined out veins with walls.

You definitely can paint tiles over empty space. It just has to exist first. The game divides its map into blocks of 16x16 tiles. If the block would be entirely empty (every tile is empty space), it doesn't even get created. You can see this with the 'k' cursor while looking above the terrain. If you get no description for a tile that should be empty space, its block isn't created. Tiletypes can't create such blocks. You'll have to build constructions up there first - build stairs into the sky for example.

Every other problem you have with it can be considered a bug.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r9
« Reply #429 on: February 06, 2012, 07:32:26 am »

Well, now you can use prospector in the embark screen, so you know what's there even before you embark. No more problems with reveal :)

And really, you should be thanking Quietust and angavrilov, because this release wouldn't be possible without them. The massive internal changes I mentioned? All their work. This time I just fixed bugs and integrated changes. I was too busy with my math courses ;)

Oh.  Now that is useful.  Instead of a cheat, I'm picturing it as the home civ sending out lone dwarf prospectors with a mule loaded down with tools and barrels and barrels of ale to look for excellent spots to colonize.

I see a copystock command listed in the readme.  Is that new?  I don't remeber seeing that on the command list before. That looks like a very useful function for stockpiles.  The job management functions look helpful as well.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 06, 2012, 08:20:10 am »

Thanks a lot for the new updates, some seem very useful for me.
Still have some questions:
What is the document format of the file exported by mapexport. Tried to open it with normal win editor but just got some weird stuff.
Can job-material also change the items needed in moods (since show-mood can display them), why is it only able of inorganic material (but recognizes organic materials too), still very nice tool
Feature request: save an reimport the job list of workflow

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 06, 2012, 08:31:01 am »

Can job-material also change the items needed in moods (since show-mood can display them), why is it only able of inorganic material (but recognizes organic materials too), still very nice tool

'job item-material' can change any material; it is your responsibility to ensure that it makes sense when you use it. The job-material command on the other hand is intended for hotkeys, and thus very conservative not to break anything. It recognizes any material for use in its other feature, namely instant seek in the building material selection list.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 06, 2012, 08:46:56 am »

I love you all. This makes playing DF so much more fun it's incredible.

Since the new release is coming out sometime soon, do you have an idea how much work will need to be done to upgrade DFHack? I'm really, really reluctant to upgrade until DFHack works with the new version.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #433 on: February 06, 2012, 08:56:52 am »

It might take a few weeks to map out all of the new data structures (and fix the existing ones that changed). There's also the fact that the first few builds of the next DF release will probably be extremely buggy (case in point: 0.31 wasn't really "stable" until build 12), so we might just decide to wait several builds before starting work on it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 06, 2012, 09:10:21 am »

'job item-material' can change any material; it is your responsibility to ensure that it makes sense when you use it. The job-material command on the other hand is intended for hotkeys, and thus very conservative not to break anything. It recognizes any material for use in its other feature, namely instant seek in the building material selection list.
Thanks for the response. Still I found no way to figure out how to, for example, make beds using stone boulders. I changed item-type 1 to BOULDER and item-material 1 to DIORITE but got a failure message in DF (not in the hack console) that there was no Diorite whereas my masons do not have this problem.
Also how can I make them using Logs for the reaction. I set item-material 1 (in the aforementioned bed creation) to CYPRESS and it would use cypress plant instead of logs. Where is my failure?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 373