Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404583 times)

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2865 on: January 21, 2013, 08:15:40 am »

I have problems in understanding "prospect". How can I understand how much z-level to dig for the magma?
Do you have a sample prospect you can show us to see what is unclear?

I get MAGMA:0 Z -30000

I assume this means that I have to reach the magma sea, right?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: January 21, 2013, 10:31:55 am »

That looks bizarre.  If I had to guess I would say that indicates you have no magma at all.  Even the magma sea still counts into the amount, but yer showing 0. -30000 seems like DFhack not knowing what to say when you don't have any of something that is assumed to always be present.

Is it possible that the magma sea and circus was turned off in that worlds generation parameters?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:13 am »

That looks bizarre.  If I had to guess I would say that indicates you have no magma at all.  Even the magma sea still counts into the amount, but yer showing 0. -30000 seems like DFhack not knowing what to say when you don't have any of something that is assumed to always be present.

Is it possible that the magma sea and circus was turned off in that worlds generation parameters?

No, I believe he just needs to use "prospect all" rather than "prospect".

DFHack will show no magma and -30k when it can't see your magma, because you've not told it to look outside the visible/revealed area.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: January 21, 2013, 11:08:31 am »

... I get MAGMA:0 Z -30000

I assume this means that I have to reach the magma sea, right?
try 'prospect all'
and/or
'prospect hell'

and see if it shows you magma.

Keep in mind, it is entirely possible to generate a world without magma, so if those don't show any, that's possibly what you've done.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: January 21, 2013, 11:42:21 am »

Thanks guys, "prospect all" says -11 to -16, so I have to dig deeper to reach the magma sea. Thank God I have plenty of trees to cut (plus the caverns, unluckly I have no soil so no tree-farm).
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Frenchchef

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: January 21, 2013, 08:19:46 pm »

I heard it is possible to re-enable economy with dwarf hack. If so, how? I'm trying to make an economical caste system of a feudal type system and I definitely need economy.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2871 on: January 22, 2013, 07:24:27 am »

I heard it is possible to re-enable economy with dwarf hack. If so, how? I'm trying to make an economical caste system of a feudal type system and I definitely need economy.
It won't work - if you set the "economy enabled" flag and you have a Broker or Bookkeeper (I forget which) appointed, the game will crash shortly after you unpause.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: January 22, 2013, 06:24:05 pm »

The code was probably commented out in the DF2010 devcycle or something.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2873 on: January 22, 2013, 10:40:55 pm »

The code was probably commented out in the DF2010 devcycle or something.
The only code that was commented out was the bit that turns the economy on in the first place - best I can tell, the rest of it is still there, though the reason it crashes is because of some uninitialized variables in the material definitions (specifically, "material.food_mat_index" - it looks in there when nobles adjust the prices of goods, and it expects uninitialized values to be -1), though properly initializing them doesn't seem to fix the problem either. I think I reported it to Toady back in 2011, but unsurprisingly it's not a high priority bug to fix (since it only manifests itself in code that's never actually executed).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #2874 on: January 23, 2013, 08:47:17 am »

Is there a way to get siege flag?

Simple true/false is enough for me.

Answering myself:

If there is any unit with unit.flags1.active_invader = true then siege is considered active, if no unit has this flag, siege is not active.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #2875 on: January 23, 2013, 09:04:54 am »

Another question:

How does skill rust work?

I have unit with grower skill that df displays as not rusty, but has rusty attribute=6
Then i have unit with rusty=6 and game displaying skill as very rusty
Then there is unit that has wrestler skill wirth rusty=1 and displayed as not rusty and various social skill with rusty=1 and not displaying any rust.

So what is rusty attribute of skill for exactly and how does rust work internally?

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: January 23, 2013, 05:08:23 pm »

Recently upgraded to DFHack 34.11r2 and found that trying to prospect from the embark screen doesn't work quite the way it did in DFHack 34.11.

In particular, if you generate a world that does not have a magma sea, DFHack 34.11r2 prospect will not prospect it from the embark selection screen.  However, DFHack 34.11 prospect will prospect it just fine. 

For now, unless there is a workaround (I can't find one), I'll have to go back to DFHack 34.11. :(  I need this feature to scope out my next challenge embark.

Screenshots:

Same world, vanilla df 34.11 in both cases, just the two different dfhack versions.

To create a world to see the issue for yourself, simply set "Bottom Layer (Forces Magma)" to No and set "Magma Layer" to No, in advanced worldgen, generate your world, and then try to prospect from the embark selection/finder screen.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2877 on: January 23, 2013, 05:09:25 pm »

Hey,
Is there any info on a possible release date for r3? All these comments by expwnent and warmist make me giddy to get my modders hands on it. ;) It doesnt matter if it comes out in 1 week or 4, but it would be nice to get a rough idea about how long it will be.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #2878 on: January 24, 2013, 04:53:30 am »

So what is rusty attribute of skill for exactly and how does rust work internally?

It is really weird, i made dump of data and it does not corelate with anything:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Game not displaying rust for Rusty = 6 for skills that were demoted to 0xp/dabbling i can understand, but there are other cases (big group of skills with rusty=1 and demotion=1 that are not displayed rusty, but other skills with similar numbers like leadership or wrestling which are displayed rusty and no way to distinguish between two groups)

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: January 24, 2013, 11:58:14 am »

In particular, if you generate a world that does not have a magma sea, DFHack 34.11r2 prospect will not prospect it from the embark selection screen.  However, DFHack 34.11 prospect will prospect it just fine. 

The r1 prospect does not account for magma sea, which means that it can and does misrepresent the amounts of minerals found around the magma sea level by an order of magnitude in some cases, and even report minerals that aren't actually present because they are way below the sea level if it is close to the surface.

How does skill rust work?

I have unit with grower skill that df displays as not rusty, but has rusty attribute=6
Then i have unit with rusty=6 and game displaying skill as very rusty
Then there is unit that has wrestler skill wirth rusty=1 and displayed as not rusty and various social skill with rusty=1 and not displaying any rust.

The rusty field of a skill is the same as soft_demotion of attributes, i.e. it is subtracted from the rating to determine the actual skill value:

https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/master/library/modules/Units.cpp#L903

The reason for a separate field is that it takes a lot less xp to recover rust demotion compared to gaining new levels. The rest of the fields are presumably counters used in updating the main values, but the exact logic was not verified. Neither was the logic used for displaying "rusty" on-screen.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:19:40 pm by ag »
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 373