Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404322 times)

KVC627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #3015 on: February 15, 2013, 08:33:07 pm »

Help, please:  ???
How do I get the magmasource script to work?

I've tried downloading the .rb script and dfhack doesn't see it.  Renaming it magmasource.lua and I get errors.

[DFHack]# magmasource here
...l Games\Dwarf\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:297: ...warf\Dwarf F
ortress 0.34.11\hack\scripts/magmasource.lua:3: unexpected symbol near '$'
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        ...l Games\Dwarf\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:297: in func
tion <...l Games\Dwarf\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:287>

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: February 15, 2013, 08:35:04 pm »

it's a ruby script, not a lua script. Renaming it to .lua just made it not work entirely.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: February 15, 2013, 11:46:40 pm »

Hrm.  I'm trying to play around with RevFlood but it doesn't work the way I'd hoped.  It doesn't just reveal everywhere that has a path - if there are constructed walls, it treats them as open ground and reveals right through them.

I've already found a work-around for what I want to do - it doesn't look through the obsidian walls I place with Liquids.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

KVC627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: February 16, 2013, 09:14:41 am »

I got it, I had to update dfhack

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3019 on: February 16, 2013, 10:53:12 am »

if there are constructed walls, it treats them as open ground and reveals right through them.
That is entirely by design - DF doesn't reveal tiles behind constructions when you remove them, so if you ever tried to remove them and designate something in the unrevealed area, the game would start rapidly spamming "could not find path" job cancellations.

Why exactly did you need to re-hide part of the map, anyways?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: February 16, 2013, 06:33:56 pm »

Why exactly did you need to re-hide part of the map, anyways?
I've placed obsidian via liquids to get revflood to hide dug-out areas I'm finished with.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

kragnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • !!noble!! is the most noble of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: February 18, 2013, 07:12:28 am »

Do bogeymen scale with the player in adventure mode?  I used the stat/skills dfhack script posted in response to my question, and I get 50 bogeymen at night and about 5 pages of text.

Its amazing what instantaneous combat between 8 bogeymen at once can do to even someone with legendary in everything.  It almost seems like it gives the bogeymen speed 0 when I use the make_legendary and boost stats scripts.   Or have I just successfully avoided bogeymen since the latest patch, and they've always been this overpowered even when by themselves?

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: February 18, 2013, 10:03:45 am »

Personally, I remove Bogeymen from worldgen, given their level of annoyance.  But YMMV!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: February 18, 2013, 02:37:47 pm »

Do bogeymen scale with the player in adventure mode?  I used the stat/skills dfhack script posted in response to my question, and I get 50 bogeymen at night and about 5 pages of text.

Its amazing what instantaneous combat between 8 bogeymen at once can do to even someone with legendary in everything.  It almost seems like it gives the bogeymen speed 0 when I use the make_legendary and boost stats scripts.   Or have I just successfully avoided bogeymen since the latest patch, and they've always been this overpowered even when by themselves?
no their always professional stats. Also not to bad as a race of professional warriors if you assign a civ on to them. though in the current patches bogeymen are some what immune to vanilla resurrection or any general-class poison effects(don't quote me on that info on syndromes) but still have means of learning skills.
if you're out in the cackling you could set all wild civ units to civ 1. then wait out the next morning, or recruit one of the civ bogeys then offload them before the cackling ends.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:51:05 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: February 18, 2013, 05:54:33 pm »

What if the civ id of 1 matches a human civ you've pissed off though? Or do subterranean animal tribes get the first several civ numbers?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: February 21, 2013, 09:35:33 pm »

Is it theoretically possible to write a script for DFHack that can change a Dwarf's likes or preferences? You know, to change things like "admires cats for their aloofness" or hatred of snails?

I searched this thread as well as the DFHack and DFusion readme's, but I could not find a mention of this. But I thought it could be possible since we can use it to change skills, stats, and practically anything else about a dwarf.

Also, is it possible to write a .lua or .cpp to detect if a given dwarf has a lover or spouse? I did notice something interesting in "Buildings.cpp": The setOwner function has this line:
Code: [Select]
if (auto spouse = df::unit::find(bld->owner->relations.spouse_id))
So that implies it is possible to determine a spouse. What about lover status?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: February 21, 2013, 10:04:51 pm »

Ah, well, there is also a lover_id. Don't know what significance it has, though.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: February 21, 2013, 10:59:14 pm »

Yep.  If lover_id isn't set to -1, then the creature has a lover.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3028 on: February 21, 2013, 11:03:13 pm »

Is it theoretically possible to write a script for DFHack that can change a Dwarf's likes or preferences? You know, to change things like "admires cats for their aloofness" or hatred of snails?
Absolutely - in fact, I've used it to add new preferences to units back in version 0.31.25 (in a fortress with a king who had no preferences in the first place, in a successful experiment to see if I could get him to make mandates).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: February 21, 2013, 11:04:41 pm »

Can we set it so someone simultaneously likes and detests a vermin creature? If so, do they come out with a net happiness or net unhappiness from being locked in a room with several?
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 373