(1/39) > >>

Il Palazzo:
Previous Dom3 games on Bay12Forums:
Round One
Round Two
Round Three
Round Four
Round Five

Spoiler: What is Dominions 3? (click to show/hide)Dominions 3 is a (surprise!) third installment of a fantasy turn-based strategy games series.
It's main features are immense complexity, simultainous turn resolution, and myriads of customisation options.

The players assume roles of pretender gods, fighting to take up the throne of Pantokrator(or All-Ruler).

Each pretender god leads one of dozens different nation, based on various mythological concepts: there are Jotun giants and Vans from Norse myths, ape-like demons of Lanka, Hellenic Arcoscephale, merpeople of Atlantis, cthulhu myths-based Ry'leh, Hebrew Ashdod, and many more.

Pretenders are designed based on one of the preselected chassis, like the Manticore, a Dragon, lich, stone monolith, or titan. Their dominion's influence can be adjusted to create e.g.peaceful, warm and magical lands under their rule.

There is a very robust magic system, with literally hundreds of spells, ranging from in-battle lightening bolts to world altering doom bringers.

Every unit in the sometimes hundreds-strong armies has individual stats, including age, battle wounds and experience.

Commanders, mages, heroes, priests, magical beasts and pretender gods can be equipped with magical items and sent to battle personally, assasinate or seduce enemy commanders, spy and instigate unrest, cast supporting or combat spells, or left at home and work on improving magical knowledge, build fortifications, summon magic beings, raise undead, forge items, hunt for blood slaves, preach god's influence, patrol provinces, search for magic sites in the wild and more.

Battles are resolved automatically, according to the preselected orders for troop formations and commanders.
Here's a youtube video of a large-ish battle to pique your interest. Courtesy of Lorak.

All of you curious people can go and visit the website for more info. You'll notice that the price tag is seriously hefty, but as many of us players can attest, the game is well worth it.
Spoiler: How does MP work? (click to show/hide)First of all, you need to create a pretender, and send the file(to be found in your /dominions3/savedgames/newlords; named <your_nation_era_number.2h>, where number is most likely "0" if it's the only pretender you've created so far for this nation.) to "pretenders [at ] llamaserver [dot ] net" with the game name as the subject.
Game name is "Bay12GamesRoundSix".

You'll be recieiving .trn files from llama server, which you shoud put into a {dom3dir}/savedgames/{whatevernameyouwant}/
After finishing your moves, a new .2h file will appear in that folder, which you should send to the same address from which you've recieved your .trn file.

Useful links:
The wiki, with loads of useful information, including strategy guides.

Llama Server, which is the automatic hosting server we'll be using.
Llama Server's map and mod browser

We'll be using the Conceptual Balance Mod, v.1.6. Which you can get here.

Map to be found here:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6649&d=1219542776

Game page on llamaserver:(the scoreboards are borked and not up to date, though)
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Bay12GamesRoundSix

Era is Early.

Settings:
Victory conditions: 6 out of 9 victory points.
Special site frequency: 60
Hall of fame entries: 15
The rest is on default.

Spoiler: The Map (click to show/hide)

The list of players:
1.Lanka: Land of Demons - Il Palazzo
2.Ulm: Enigma of Steel - Dakk(previously slMagnvox)
3.Abysia: Children of Flame - Kebooo
4.T'ien Ch'i: Spring and Autumn - Tres-Huevos(previously Lorak)
5.Marverni: Time of Druids - E.Albright
6.Pangea: Age of Revelry - Ignus

Burnt Pies:
I'm really interested in this game, having followed the other two threads for a while. However, I don't have that kind of cash to throw at a game currently. I'll see after christmas, when I will (hopefully) have more cash, and maybe a new computer.

slMagnvox:
Ok! I had half a mind to post the next round myself because I've been itching for a game, thanks for the heads up Il Palazzo!

Mark me down as Enigma of Steel Ulm. Conan's coming for Xmas dinner!

Il Palazzo:
Heh, I was hoping you'd join, slMagnavox!

@Burnt Pies: I'm almost 100% sure we'll wait until after Christmas before starting, so just let us know when you're ready.

Kebooo:
From behind the towering wall of flames, a shadowy figure shifted.  Ever so slowly, it inched further and further toward the great expanse of its new dominion. 

"Ah, yes, it's good to be alive.", PalazzoDiesThisTime said.

I'm game, count me in as Aybsia.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version