Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: D&D 3.5E Campaign: Aperta Mundi: OOC Thread  (Read 14047 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5E Campaign: Aperta Mundi: OOC Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2014, 02:20:05 pm »

Yeah, I pitched a stupid minmaxed character that would have broken the campaign over his knee to II, which he shot down.  It's supposed to be RP and I didn't want to ruin the intention of the campaign before it ever began.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2014, 02:29:16 pm »

Hmm. I'm trying to figure out what race I want to be. I started with Human, but I can't find a good place to put that feat.
I then checked out the +Cha races: Star elf, Hellbred (Spirit), Spellscale and Lesser Aasimar. They didn't work very well: Elves live on the other side of the world, I'd rather not be a demon or a dragon, and Lesser Aasimar are pretty powerful, something I'm trying to avoid in this game.
I could be a gnome but I'm not feeling it right now.

Any recommendations?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2014, 02:32:39 pm »

A big thing with wizards is that solo wizards can suck if you're making them right, because wizards do a lot of spells that make fighters stronger or use melee'ers as the punchline.

Besides, I plan to take a single Rogue level, then take a bunch of Arcane Trickster levels, and spells like Mirror Image and Blur; then, I avoid the other half of minmaxing (featsy fun) by taking skill trick feats like wallrunning and Extreme Leaping to make Veneficus Agent Smith.

THE MATRIX: WIZARD EDITION is far from ultimate minmaxing, to my knowledge.

Either way, I'm going to put most of my time into developing him as a character instead of pwn'ing everything that moves. Veneficus has very secretive motives for crossing the world.

Unless my ego gets the better of me and I go full Henderson, in which case I give you the rights to internet-punch me.

@Immaterial: Maybe you could take a template? Magic-blooded is good if you don't mind Wisdom loss.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2014, 02:34:28 pm »

Hrm... Warforged would be out, wouldn't they?  Since nobody's even concocted Plate Armor, an entire being made of metal wouldn't make sense...

What about an immigrant half-elf?  Father was an elf and mother was a human, mother decided to return to her own people when she found out she was pregnant (or whatever back story you want)?  Half-elves aren't game-breakingly powerful from what I can recall, and it's basically a human with a few extra privileges.

FAKE-EDIT: Taw, if you start breaking the game, I might have to give II a character sheet that will surprise you to no end.

DOUBLE-FAKE-EDIT: gorram ninjas

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2014, 02:52:19 pm »

FAKE-EDIT: Taw, if you start breaking the game, I might have to give II a character sheet that will surprise you to no end.
Nah man, I'm just using a sufficiently powerful character to try to achieve his sufficiently enigmatic and nigh-impossible to get goal.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2014, 03:33:33 pm »

@Immaterial: Maybe you could take a template? Magic-blooded is good if you don't mind Wisdom loss.
That doesn't solve the problem of a base race.
You WILL be in the mood for gnomes!
Hmmmmmmmmmm... A criminal mastermind Elton John? Tempting.
WAIT. I'VE GOT IT.
HE'S A SMOOTH CRIMINAL. A GNOMISH MICHAEL JACKSON. THIS IS AMAZING.

Hrm... Warforged would be out, wouldn't they?  Since nobody's even concocted Plate Armor, an entire being made of metal wouldn't make sense...

What about an immigrant half-elf?  Father was an elf and mother was a human, mother decided to return to her own people when she found out she was pregnant (or whatever back story you want)?  Half-elves aren't game-breakingly powerful from what I can recall, and it's basically a human with a few extra privileges.
While being a robotic dancer would be awesome, to be a good Warforged, I would need to use a bunch of feats.
Half-elves aren't really my thing, I'm afraid.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2014, 04:01:54 pm »

In, if there's still room. Starting on a sheet.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2014, 04:02:15 pm »

Nope.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2014, 04:05:41 pm »

Right. Good morning, everyone!

Warforged are out, and half-elves are basically terrible humans. Instead of a bonus feat and skills, they get... wait for it... low light vision! So powerful!

Nope.
Yeah, we're full on players I'm afraid. If someone dies, though, and can't be resurrected, you're welcome to join in.

Edit:
II: The Bardic Knack ACF requires 1 actual rank to use skills that need to be trained. I took the Jack of All Trades feat, would that fulfill the requirement?
Spoiler: Jack of All Trades (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bardic Knack (click to show/hide)
It's a bit cheesy, but I'll allow it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:20:18 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2014, 04:42:58 pm »

Thank you!
Another question: I know it's pretty cheesy, but would you rule that Bardic Knack gives languages through bonuses in Speak Language?

Also: Someone please name their character Annie or some variation of it.
"Annie, are you okay? Annie, are you okay?"

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2014, 04:45:35 pm »

Wait, ignore that. Thought you meant Jack of All Trades.

Still no, seeing as Knack doesn't actually give you ranks in that skill.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:47:14 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2014, 04:58:18 pm »

Lanius the Red the Red Dragon Shaman should be complete now.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: D&D "Open World" Campaign: Gathering Interest
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2014, 05:00:04 pm »

I'll say that there are a near-infinite number of gods, but power is based on worship, so only a few are actually "present" so to speak.

This gave me the coolest idea for a character: A paladin, devoted to no one god, who remembers the small and forgotten gods that are no longer worshipped. and travels the land evangelizing them. Now I just need to get my sheet together, now that I've got a general concept.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2014, 06:54:28 pm »

I'll add Lanius to the OP.

If anyone else has finished their character and I haven't put the sheet in the OP yet, please PM it to me.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2014, 07:15:16 pm »

Some changes to Lanius:

Removed Skill Focus Craft for Endurance.
Took the Flaw Murky Eyed [Due to only having one eye] and added the feat Steadfast Determination [Swaps Will Bonus for Con Bonus to Will saves]
Took the Inattentive trait [Due to, again, one eye and focusing too much on his goal to pay much attention to outside factors] and added the Diehard feat [Because, if I'm correct, my healing aura thing only functions if I'm concious. Plus he just seems to be tough.]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11