Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5923 5924 [5925] 5926 5927 ... 10986

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13380055 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88860 on: October 29, 2015, 05:17:09 pm »

Good news, I got my PC to turn on! I swear, those pins for the power switch are a right bastard to get right.

Bad news, it does nothing else, at least according the (lack of) monitor display. The POST code on the motherboard reaches FF, meaning it's probably the graphics card that fried or is not connected properly.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88861 on: October 29, 2015, 05:30:37 pm »

If you keep saying worldview it will make people forget how fragile yours is, apparently. I hope the poor girl doesn't miss her friends.
The thing is, a properly Christian worldview would call one to ACCEPT that difference, not deny its existence...The things people use religion to justify.
I dunno, there's an argument for using social pressure to get people to try and not sin, thereby saving them from eternal damnation. When you're talking eternity, any finite suffering you cause becomes ethically negligible.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88862 on: October 29, 2015, 05:32:33 pm »

If you keep saying worldview it will make people forget how fragile yours is, apparently. I hope the poor girl doesn't miss her friends.
The thing is, a properly Christian worldview would call one to ACCEPT that difference, not deny its existence...The things people use religion to justify.
I dunno, there's an argument for using social pressure to get people to try and not sin, thereby saving them from eternal damnation. When you're talking eternity, any finite suffering you cause becomes ethically negligible.
But being gay is not a sin, in and of itself.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88863 on: October 29, 2015, 05:37:04 pm »

Ye, AFAIK, even in the most feverishly fundamental christian cults, being gay isn't a sin by itself, at least not according to the bible, since it doesn't even mention it. Its just the whole sexual acts between same sex people thing thats a sin. But alas, people using religion as a mask for hatred is old as dust, even when it doesn't even make sense.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88864 on: October 29, 2015, 05:37:26 pm »

You could interpret it as being. Matthew 5:28 only specifies women, but there's no particular reason why the sentiment wouldn't also apply to men.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88865 on: October 29, 2015, 05:39:34 pm »

Especially considering it's her father not herself. I seem to recall from scripture that one should not be judged for the actions of their parents.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88866 on: October 29, 2015, 05:44:54 pm »

And yet there are (Old Testament) passages about God punishing one's children to the 100th or 1000th generation.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88867 on: October 29, 2015, 05:55:58 pm »

And yet there are (Old Testament) passages about God punishing one's children to the 100th or 1000th generation.

It sounds silly but sometimes God seems to act WILDLY out of character in the Old Testament. As if they had to explain why something existed, like say disease, without having a clear motivation for God beyond "well sin be happening"

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #88868 on: October 29, 2015, 05:58:03 pm »

I'd place the guess that its probably more because of the various stories changing over time at different rates.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88869 on: October 29, 2015, 06:02:49 pm »

people using religion as a mask for hatred is old as dust, even when it doesn't even make sense.

Religion is senseless hatred
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88870 on: October 29, 2015, 06:03:53 pm »

Many men are also born with the wrong parts.
I don't see what intersexed cerebral microanatomy has to do with it?
Trans men?
trans women
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #88871 on: October 29, 2015, 06:05:22 pm »

people using religion as a mask for hatred is old as dust, even when it doesn't even make sense.

Just because it's not true doesn't mean it doesn't do good thing as well as bad. Just like everything, really.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #88872 on: October 29, 2015, 06:05:47 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88873 on: October 29, 2015, 06:06:33 pm »

I'd politely ask you to back up that statement.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88874 on: October 29, 2015, 06:09:37 pm »

Religion isn't equivalent to senseless hatred, nor does it have to promote that in any sense, but in the actual factual world we live in it mostly does. It's the vehicle of harms.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 5923 5924 [5925] 5926 5927 ... 10986