Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 183763 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Second Rest Phase
« Reply #270 on: March 01, 2012, 01:10:19 pm »

Powder Miner:
He's an alien from another civilization,
And you know this how?

Unless he's a xenobiologist, this has been the flavor for them every time- the exterminators from one empire, survivors from another, and anyway why would someone have to capture someone from their own civilization?

(I've been reading the Paranormals, I'm currently up to 7 or so)

Shakerag:
...Oh, I hadn't thought of that. Eh, gonna have to scumhunt but I don't know where to start.

Toony:
 I don't know why Urist has been supporting me, but I haven't given him anything in return. And how are Jim Groovester and IronyOwl suspicious? You explained with no reason whatsoever.

TolyK:
What do you mean you expect crates of explosives? I would expect more alien tech.

Fixin quotes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 01, 2012, 01:13:31 pm »

Shakerag:
I'll state again that a pilot claim is a flimsy reason to either vote or not vote someone. 

-snip-

Toaster: What was your case on Urist I again?  I believe I've made my thoughts clear on the whole pilot thing, but why are you voting a claimed pilot?  What are your thoughts on the whole claiming/not claiming pilot thing and those who have claimed one way or another?

I've said my case on him plenty.  However, why is it such a big deal that I'm voting a claimed pilot when it

is a flimsy reason to either vote or not vote someone
?  Smells like hypocrisy to me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 01, 2012, 02:06:29 pm »

Jim:
Don't you agree, Shakerag?
Is there something you're claiming?
Nice rolefishing.

So you knew Toaster was bluffing from the get-go, huh? Well, good on you then.

Because sometimes people get role results and vote based off of them before they claim the actual result. If an implied but unspoken role result heavily factors into Toaster's vote, he should not be coy about what it is.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 01, 2012, 04:11:47 pm »

It's for why they're voting TolyK mainly.  I don't have any exact reasons besides a feeling.

And you're not questioning them to confirm/deny your feeling ... why?

Shakerag:
I'll state again that a pilot claim is a flimsy reason to either vote or not vote someone. 

-snip-

Toaster: What was your case on Urist I again?  I believe I've made my thoughts clear on the whole pilot thing, but why are you voting a claimed pilot?  What are your thoughts on the whole claiming/not claiming pilot thing and those who have claimed one way or another?

I've said my case on him plenty.  However, why is it such a big deal that I'm voting a claimed pilot when it

is a flimsy reason to either vote or not vote someone
?  Smells like hypocrisy to me.

1) Okay, thanks.  That's pretty much what I was looking for.
2) I didn't think I needed to spell it out in my previous post, but maybe I wasn't as clear as I thought.  Let me see if I can better say this.  While I think it's a flimsy reason, I don't know if you do or not.  If you think that weight should be given to pilot claims, and then vote a claimed pilot, that's going to look contradictory.  So, basically, for you personally, did Urist I's pilot claim factor into why you are voting for him? 
3) And in that vein:
What are your thoughts on the whole claiming/not claiming pilot thing and those who have claimed one way or another?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 01, 2012, 04:24:28 pm »

Shakerag:  The pilot claim itself is irrelevant to me.  Him trying to rolefish out other pilots did get my attention (and not the good kind).

I'm against a pilot massclaim for now- maybe come a full massclaim.  If anyone wants to claim it on their own, whatever, but I don't really regard their claims as noteworthy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2012, 04:52:38 pm »

Hmmm. The fact that a claimed pilot was eliminated sounds to me like there are active players (as opposed to Meph/flavour actions) whose intention is that we don't get onto the ship. I reread Toaster's case on Imiknorris, and find it generally flimsy and contrived. He has one good point, though: Imiknorris did call for all pilots to claim. I can think of two ways to go with this:

a) Imiknorris is not a pilot, but a captor infiltrator (or whatever we want to call those who want to prevent us from leaving); he knew that there were pilots, without whom we couldn't leave, so he pressed them to claim. Possible, but unlikely his role flavour would be that specific regarding pilots.

b) Toaster (and Toony) are part of the captor infiltrators, and do have an interest in limiting our chances; lynching a pilot immediately after having eliminated one during the run is very consistent with this, and requires no prior knowledge of pilots or other flavour.

I don't agree with Toaster's notion that the pilot claim is irrelevant. I think the setting makes it clear that if one of them doesn't make it, we're screwed, so it behooves us not to run out. His disregard of this point, plus the balance of the above probabilities, tells me Toaster is likely scum, and needs to die.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2012, 06:31:38 pm »

It's for why they're voting TolyK mainly.  I don't have any exact reasons besides a feeling.
And you're not questioning them to confirm/deny your feeling ... why?
What do you want me to ask really?  "Hey I think you're acting weird Jim."  Those are pointless statements.  I already gave my suspicious fingers and thoughts so I'll just blue them now.  Jim (since the beginning of Day2), IronyOwl(feeling), and now Bookthras with his most recent post.  He's acting on a counter wave and seeing if he can get a lynch in that way.  Not cool.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2012, 08:28:43 pm »

Zrk2, looking forward to that legwork you promised us.

I did the digging and there aren't enough responses to pull anything out of.

Ah, I missed that Meph quote... Unvote.

I smell... bullshit. "I didn't see it" tells me that you simply aren't paying attention and so really can't contribute anything.

Another question: why would folks kill other folks?

Dafuq?

OH! I just realized something. I'm just as pilot-capable as Urist I for a very good reason: He's an alien from another civilization, so he had the same or maybe slightly more resources as me and I am no less a pilot than him.

Explain this please.

Tolyk:
1. True. But it had another aspect to it which I might or might not tell.
2. Why would people kill pilots? What would be a motive?
1. Still hiding stuff, are you?
Nope. It's a psychological aspect, not a mechanics aspect. As in, by seeing who votes for whom I might get some insight. Thanks for ruining that though.

All I see here a a barrel 'o' wine, just waiting to be broached.

Is there something you're fishing?  Your bass voice won't make me flounder- I'd have to be some sort of clown or guppy to fall for that.  You're trouting out the same old lines- tuna or later you'll get someone with that trick, but I won't fall for your magic tricks, Marlin.  That perch you're sitting on won't last if you keep carping away at the same old things.  Cod you be any more obvious?

Do you have some sort of sadistic power that makes you stronger the more you pun?

Think:  Urist I is still scum- I just thought I'd throw out a reaction test to start the day.  Shakerag passed quite well, so moving back to the obvscum.

I love how you buddy right up to him here, nice Toaster.

@Shakerag: I still tink dopps should die, 'cuz they like to eat people, and that sorta sucks for everyone who isn't them.

Toony, really sharing the love, aren't you. Is there anyone you don't want to FoS?

Sorry for taking so long to post, I just got home.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 01, 2012, 08:39:40 pm »

Zrk2 The flavor of Paranormal games has always been (up to 7, where I've read to, at least) that different objective aliens were different kinds of aliens. Like exterminator aliens were from the doppelganger making empire, agent-contacters from another, etc. Unless Urist I is a xenobiologist, he would be from a different civilization and (presumably) not have the same kinds of ships and tech as the xenobiologists. Being an Intelligence Scientist, I have roughly the same level of tech as the aliens, and because he is from another civilization, presumably the same experience level with this civilization's technology as Urist I.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 01, 2012, 09:04:18 pm »

Zrk2 The flavor of Paranormal games has always been (up to 7, where I've read to, at least) that different objective aliens were different kinds of aliens. Like exterminator aliens were from the doppelganger making empire, agent-contacters from another, etc. Unless Urist I is a xenobiologist, he would be from a different civilization and (presumably) not have the same kinds of ships and tech as the xenobiologists. Being an Intelligence Scientist, I have roughly the same level of tech as the aliens, and because he is from another civilization, presumably the same experience level with this civilization's technology as Urist I.

Okay, that makes more sense now, thanks.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 01, 2012, 09:29:56 pm »

@Zrk2:
That was an issue of organization.  I ended up doing my FoS all at one point instead of the two first ones listed (Jim and Irony) in a prior post.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 01, 2012, 11:21:19 pm »

b)

If all the people voting claimed pilots are apparently infiltrators or whatever, what do you make of Dariush voting Powder Miner, a claimed pilot, as well? If your logic is that 'This set of motives fits these actions' then Dariush would likely be an infiltrator too, right?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 01, 2012, 11:30:45 pm »

Book:
I don't agree with Toaster's notion that the pilot claim is irrelevant. I think the setting makes it clear that if one of them doesn't make it, we're screwed, so it behooves us not to run out. His disregard of this point, plus the balance of the above probabilities, tells me Toaster is likely scum, and needs to die.

I'm fully aware of that point that we most likely need a pilot to not die.  However, I'm not at all prepared to hand out blanket immunity to anyone who claims pilot.  Given that most people haven't claimed their pilot status either way, why should we avoid lynching one- especially scummy ones?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 01, 2012, 11:34:59 pm »

Oops, missed one:

Zrk2:  Nah- that was Bring Your Own Trope that I had that power (No, really)- I just like puns.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 02, 2012, 02:06:21 am »

TolyK:
What do you mean you expect crates of explosives? I would expect more alien tech.
I mean things we find along the way that help/hurt us. As in, the "crates of explosives" could be a good deterrent to folks following us closely....
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 63