Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 556401 times)

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #555 on: September 12, 2012, 05:55:25 pm »

Eric: What issues are you having with the fort?
He's talking about problems with Minecraft mods, nothing about the fort. If the save file already has another game-breaking issue, then I say it's proof that the gods want us to stop. Yeah, fuck that.
Also, Ill just presume nobody wants to see me talk about us all playing chicken with black holes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 12, 2012, 06:17:35 pm »

Playing chicken with black holes sounds like a reasonable sport for inclusion in a sci-fi fantasy...

I wasn't having any specific issues with the fort besides kobolds+zombies=OH CRAP.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #557 on: September 12, 2012, 06:24:21 pm »

Playing chicken with black holes sounds like a reasonable sport for inclusion in a sci-fi fantasy...

I wasn't having any specific issues with the fort besides kobolds+zombies=OH CRAP.

I just fear for the first time we get an evil-weather affected titan/FB. (I don't think we have husking weather, but I might be wrong).

(incidently, how many worlds had to be genned to get a good set of evil weather? Mine have pretty lame :-/).
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 12, 2012, 06:27:08 pm »

Sidenote: I think my request (and a dorf) for a turn fell off the list ...

I knew I had missed something. Could you quote/repost your dwarfing request? I can't seem to find it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 12, 2012, 06:36:13 pm »

I just fear for the first time we get an evil-weather affected titan/FB. (I don't think we have husking weather, but I might be wrong).

The Bronze Colossus Perngvir Anzr has come! A gigantic magic statue made of bronze and bent on mayhem.
The Bronze Colossus is caught in the fetid muck!
Perngvir Anzr, Bronze Colossus is slain.....
The Bronze Colossus shudders and begins to move!

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 12, 2012, 06:48:18 pm »

The Bronze Colossus Perngvir Anzr has come! A gigantic magic statue made of bronze and bent on mayhem.
Oh god, if a titan or somesuch appears on the map, and then goes gonzo, then... we are truly fucked. That's all there is to say about it.
You know what? I will post the stupid black hole example, no matter how silly it seems to me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...Okay, I know that sounds incredibly fucking stupid, but I just wanted to put that out there.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 12, 2012, 06:48:58 pm »

(incidently, how many worlds had to be genned to get a good set of evil weather? Mine have pretty lame :-/).

I didn't actually gauge the level of horror of the syndrome-causing weather, and I probably should have increased the # of varieties significantly. measuring the horror of the world's syndromes would require that I extract the raw data for the random-generated creatures and such, which I don't know how to do* and would also add yet another level of requirements that must be met before uploading. I genned a world to other specifications (including using a elevation map derived from the old 31.03-31.25 Aluonra saves) and then found the worst possible site in that world that still included a section of land that didn't permit the dead to rise. Overall, it probably took somewhere between 20-30 generations to get everything down, ignoring the ones where I began generation and immediately thought of something else I needed to do beforehand and cancelled it.

*I may have figured it out. Maybe. I need to wait until I get home to try it, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 12, 2012, 08:28:20 pm »

Oh god, if a titan or somesuch appears on the map, and then goes gonzo, then... we are truly fucked. That's all there is to say about it.
You know what? I will post the stupid black hole example, no matter how silly it seems to me.
...Okay, I know that sounds incredibly fucking stupid, but I just wanted to put that out there.

That was both beautiful and inspiring. I want to make a movie out of that now.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 12, 2012, 08:31:32 pm »

The world is not ready for Battlefailed: The Movie.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 12, 2012, 09:54:24 pm »

-snip-

No need to worry. The script writer would go missing about 3 scenes into writing the scripts, citing external issues and pressures not giving him enough time to do the job.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 13, 2012, 02:22:45 am »

-snip-

No need to worry. The script writer would go missing about 3 scenes into writing the scripts, citing external issues and pressures not giving him enough time to do the job.

And the back-up screenwriter would just write "FUCK" in giant (gold) letters over every page of the screenplay...

Then there'd be some dangling plot thread about constructing a cannon that never gets resolved...
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #566 on: September 13, 2012, 04:35:24 am »

Sidenote: I think my request (and a dorf) for a turn fell off the list ...

I knew I had missed something. Could you quote/repost your dwarfing request? I can't seem to find it.

It was in my post on debugging Horrorfailed on Linux at the end:

Also, this fort has already descneded into madness faster than the last few. Add me to the turn list and to the dorfing list (profession: any engineering/red position if possible, else crossbow, else hammer :-)).

Its three pages back.

Part of me is tempted to try and reclaim Hellcannon since its officially done (it would go nicely with my reclaim of Failcannon save). Then again, I don't think anything can top that ending (not even FAILDAY).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:58:38 am by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 13, 2012, 06:20:07 am »

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 13, 2012, 08:40:55 am »

Battlefailed: The Movie, you say?

This sounds like the start of something amazing.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 13, 2012, 09:48:20 am »

Battlefailed: The Movie, you say?

This sounds like the start of something amazing.

Tears, bloodshed, and the intricate conspiratorial machinations of one insane Australian.  We'll win an Oscar for sure!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 136