Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 98946 times)

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #555 on: August 26, 2016, 01:39:12 pm »

I have a question: Which skill does the Bola and Sling use for Ranged Weaponry?.

I believe those use archery and bow skills, but haven't paid attention lately.

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 26, 2016, 03:02:17 pm »

thanks for the info mate

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 08, 2016, 02:21:17 pm »

Meph,

How are bolds supposed to get cauldrons?  Only ones I see are in craft workshop and those need stone.  No way to get stone right now.  Only traders are bolds and they also have no stone.  If I could get an anvil (forge requires one to make one) I could make cobalt cauldrons (I assume, can't build forge to check!).  I see even the smelter forge-making reaction is gone.  Not that bolds would have ore to make them.  This all assumes no digging, which IS the bold default.

Tried making cauldrons with fireclay, no luck.  Tryng bonemeal... nope.  Needs non-economic hard rock.

My suggestion (unless I have missed something) is to put a reaction to make cauldrons (and anvils unless you don't want bolds to have metalworking at all) into the bonemolder to make them from bonemold bars.  Or let them make them in the glassblower and/or clay shaper/kiln combo.

Other than that the armor vs clothes situation is annoying.  Regular workers keep swiping the "armor" made for the military.  This combined with them arriving with damned gloves and headgear on... grr.  The latter is not exclusive to bolds.  It's a vanilla issue, I know.  Just adds up to aggravation.

For now I will see if I can figure out how to dfhack in either an anvil or a couple cauldrons.  8)

Okay, I am stumped.  Can't find syntax that will create cauldron or anvil in dfhack.  Is it broken?  Can anyone give me exact createitem command? I keep getting "You must specify a valid item type to create!"  I looked at raws for cauldron.  Tried variation, upper and lower case, etc.  Always same error.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 03:01:33 pm by vonsch »

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 08, 2016, 05:02:11 pm »

Just switch bonemeal to non-economic on the stones list.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 08, 2016, 05:33:42 pm »

Just switch bonemeal to non-economic on the stones list.

Had to think about that a minute.  You mean on the z-stones menu.  Didn't occur to me because... bonemeal.  But it worked to make cauldrons.

I think Meph does mean to keep anvils tough for bolds, so not sweating that part.  Just need the thieving back so we can steal some stones and ore.

Thanks for the nudge.   :)

Edit:  And I am blind!  Right there in the glass furnace is Make green glass cauldron.  I blame the font.  I looked at all the lists at least twice.  And still missed it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:28:07 pm by vonsch »

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 08, 2016, 05:40:49 pm »

Don't seem to be able to stockpile bone blocks.  They should be on the Blocks: Other materials list, I would think.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 08, 2016, 08:01:00 pm »

BTW

I am chronicling my current bold fort over in the story board:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160456.0

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 09, 2016, 08:49:32 pm »

After struggling with outfitting my military for more than a year I just want to say I am not a fan of having clothing articles as "armor."  I preferred the earlier system where clothing was one set and armor was a separate set.  As things are now gloves are a big hassle.  Having the whole fort rush to grab the new pair of leather gloves meant for a new recruit is... less than fun.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #563 on: September 10, 2016, 06:45:31 am »

After struggling with outfitting my military for more than a year I just want to say I am not a fan of having clothing articles as "armor."  I preferred the earlier system where clothing was one set and armor was a separate set.  As things are now gloves are a big hassle.  Having the whole fort rush to grab the new pair of leather gloves meant for a new recruit is... less than fun.
Its the same in dwarf mode... yes, you also have metal gauntlets, but if you make leather gloves for armor in Dwarf mode, the civilians steal those too. Its nothing I could change in the kobold AI...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 10, 2016, 08:47:46 am »

Its the same in dwarf mode... yes, you also have metal gauntlets, but if you make leather gloves for armor in Dwarf mode, the civilians steal those too. Its nothing I could change in the kobold AI...

Yes, I know it's that way in dwarf (and orc and human, at least, too) mode, but there are other options.  Bolds have very limited options.  No mittens, no gauntlets, just gloves. With dwarves I use gauntlets as armor as those don't come in civilian versions.  I know at base this stems from a vanilla bug/design choice, but in the earlier incarnation you had those wristband things as clothing and something else as armor.  That's why I notice that isn't an option now.  With dwarves and the others, gauntlets equip over gloves too, so you don't have to have the military use "replace clothing" to get them to wear their proper hand armor at all. 

Oh, wait, I see... you WANT kobolds to not have hand coverage equal to other parts (as in no hand coverage!) I see (not that I have an anvil) there are no metal hand pieces at all.  That is intended?

I thought this was oversight with the update, not a design choice.  If it's a design choice, nevermind.  It's your choice.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 10, 2016, 11:48:15 pm »

The other problem with making clothing items "armor" is they decay.  My cobalt low boots and greaves are decaying. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #566 on: September 11, 2016, 10:37:01 am »

The other problem with making clothing items "armor" is they decay.  My cobalt low boots and greaves are decaying.
Are you sure you are not just talking about the vanilla DF armor decay from combat?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 11, 2016, 11:31:04 am »

Are you sure you are not just talking about the vanilla DF armor decay from combat?

Yeah.  This was armor I had just bought from a trader and it was dumped to get it moved and the decay from the refuse stockpile it landed on kicked in instantly.  Only those pieces did, not the mail or helms.

That said, wasn't aware there is now vanilla armor decay from combat.  Have to watch for that.  I just started playing 2014 version a couple weeks ago.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 11, 2016, 12:51:05 pm »

Playground has same hotkey as great archive (ctrl-g).  What does the playground do?  Haven't seen it mentioned except in the build menu.

Great archive for bolds also wants "rock statues" which isn't impossible, but is out of character.  Glass not acceptable.  I would think for bolds any statue would be okay.  Especially since the building is more of a player storytelling resource than used in game context.

Wood stalks FUBARed.  I think I noted it in orc thread, but kobolds can't gather them either.  When I tested planting them (I think that was orcs, but not positive) they grew in farms, but I got nothing when harvesting them and the bulbs were gone (which is expected.)  I see in the bold splitter they are supposed to be processed into rough wood, instead of the old wood stalk wood (the current is an improvement.)  But nothing to test the wood splitter on except regular logs (and that works fine.)

And kangaroo hair thread can be spun, but cannot be stockpiled or traded.  Or woven, as far as I can tell.  Can be dumped.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:03:03 pm by vonsch »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 11, 2016, 02:27:12 pm »

And kangaroo hair thread can be spun, but cannot be stockpiled or traded.  Or woven, as far as I can tell.  Can be dumped.

Vanilla "feature". It can still be used for suturing or artifacts, IIRC.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41