Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3847188 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #12015 on: February 08, 2013, 10:17:35 am »

You know, Stacy has a point. After all, we were told to rescue survivors, but with command AWOL, then all they will know is that there were no survivors on the mining level. Besides, probably far better to err on the safe side when dealing with this nanite swarm, even if they're inactive at the moment.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12016 on: February 08, 2013, 11:00:17 am »

You know, Stacy has a point. After all, we were told to rescue survivors, but with command AWOL, then all they will know is that there were no survivors on the mining level. Besides, probably far better to err on the safe side when dealing with this nanite swarm, even if they're inactive at the moment.
"I believe command's exact words regarding our orders were: *mocking voice* 'You and your teammates will clear all levels of any hostiles, subdue any non-combatants and confirm the area is safe before me and my men enter, because I'm too much of a wuss to explore that half-dead shark-infested colony by myself.' So if Stacy or anyone else goes up there and finds that everyone has been killed or driven mad or left to go on vacation to Hawaii-3 or anything else that implies that they won't be going down here, then we'll be allowed to leave. If you're thinking of leaving without command's permission however I'm all for it. We could hijack a ship and leave. The Sword must be somewhere inside the system."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #12017 on: February 08, 2013, 11:47:47 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"I've already been to some missions with mindfuckery." Milno said, taking a pause to let loose bloody coughs before continuing. "Better keep communication constant and warn the team about anything you see; depending on the type of mind screwing, I don't doubt some of us may be forced to fire at each other by it."

From the coughing and blood, try to estimate how much time until I'm out.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12018 on: February 08, 2013, 12:33:26 pm »

More I'm saying that is actually an idea to consider, just incinerating this entire level and be done with it. The microwave manipulators would surely make short work of anything down here.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12019 on: February 08, 2013, 01:17:28 pm »

More I'm saying that is actually an idea to consider, just incinerating this entire level and be done with it. The microwave manipulators would surely make short work of anything down here.

((You would know))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12020 on: February 08, 2013, 02:06:04 pm »

"...technically I'm probably resistant to harsh emotions, by the way," Faith said, glancing down at her wrist. "But on the other hand, if that system breaks or gets overloaded we might have a problem."

Step into corridor. Attempt to break off a sizeable chunk of macromist wall.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12021 on: February 08, 2013, 07:47:37 pm »

Thomas slumped down on the ground near the wall, looking at Jim, and opened his mouth as if to say something, but stayed silent. What could he say? Nothing like this had ever had ever happened to him. He sighed and stood up, walking to the outer edge of the group and looking up.
Be the lookout.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #12022 on: February 08, 2013, 09:11:44 pm »

((I've got about 9 more pages of post to read, missed about 2 weeks of turns and have no idea what's happened.
Two things. Is Sambo dead yet? If he's not, does someone else want to play as him? I probably won't be playing ER for a while, so anyone who's on standby can have a quick go with him if they want.
It's easy. Swear a lot, get injured regularly, shoot stuff when possible. I guess it depends in whether he's dead, sent to an APC or just sort of hanging around not doing much. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12023 on: February 08, 2013, 11:15:41 pm »

((I've got about 9 more pages of post to read, missed about 2 weeks of turns and have no idea what's happened.
Two things. Is Sambo dead yet? If he's not, does someone else want to play as him? I probably won't be playing ER for a while, so anyone who's on standby can have a quick go with him if they want.
It's easy. Swear a lot, get injured regularly, shoot stuff when possible. I guess it depends in whether he's dead, sent to an APC or just sort of hanging around not doing much. ))
((He's alive and well. Even got his suit patched up to survive in vacuum again. Which is good because that's where we are.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12024 on: February 09, 2013, 05:33:59 am »

((Hey there. I'm back and just checked up on the posts I missed. Poor Feyri. Thanks for taking care of Lukas for me, Radio Controlled!))

Lukas follows Miyamoto into the tunnel
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12025 on: February 10, 2013, 02:33:22 am »

"Guys, I'm starting to feel strange here, I'm getting scared and angry for no reason. I'm also hearing a hum of some kind, despite the vacuum and myself not touching the walls or floor. This is starting to get really weird right now...

Simus or Lukas, one of you come down here to me. It might be a biological thing that's affecting us and it might not work on one of you guys."

Turn on my lamps and take a look around where I currently am and get a grip on myself by reminding myself that there is no reason to be scared or angry right now. Tap a wall with my foot and then do the same with the floor to see if anything changes and see if I can block out the sound somehow by turning off my internal speakers or at the very least try to pinpoint where the sound is coming from.
You look around. You know-vaguely-the way to get back but as per where you are...it's hard to say. It's just one in a number of completely interchangeable, fractally branching hallways.You try to reason the feelings away but they just keep growing. You feel a sense of desperate energy; a desire to act but without any direction of how. You touch the wall and the sound goes from a hum to a roar so loud it completely deafens you,leaving nothing but a ringing in your ears. Your vision goes hazy and the world spins; you can feel the MKIII injecting thing, responding to something, you just don't know what.

You start to feel strange sensations playing across the skin of your face.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Mining area, Entrance

"That's strange. I was certain..." mumbled Flint before he got a second idea.
@Bishop:"Hey, rocketman, what equipment are you carrying? Do you have any of those space magic thingies plugged into your brain?"

Examine the miner for any signs of the disease. Search his suit for information. Search my exosuit, his exosuit and his suit for any communications equipment. See if the miner's laser battery is salvageable. If nothing interesting is found, follow Bishop and see if I start hearing anything.

In terms of information in his suit you have zip. Same for communications equipment. And the battery. 

The body however is something entirely different; It's more fractal gray sharkhaze then flesh, with thick tendrils of the stuff spread throughout every inch of the man's flesh.

"Hey, this noise stopped. And if bishop just started hearing it, I guess whatever it is must be coming from inside our head. This reeks of alien mindfrakkery, and I don't like it. It's probably some kind of signal that gets stronger the nearer you get to the source."

Start going into the tunnel, while hovering above ground. Once I hear the noise again, close down all possible audio input, from radio to microphone. Then see if the noise goes away or not.
You do your best to hover down the tunnel without touching the sides but you take a corner a bit too fast and scrape against the wall. The sound comes back like a brick to the skull and your suit's systems flicker violently, throwing up fields of scrambled data. They flash to black and then start printing the same word thousands of times a second.

>RUN

On my way, Bishop, if my leg doesn't give out.

Arm grenade launcher with Chemical-Incendiary, head to Bishop. Be wary.

You do your best to follow bishop, but this place is a maze and he's quite far ahead. The noise starts almost right away and only gets worse farther on. You keep it on the periphery of your mind for now, but you can feel it waiting there; a tiger made of white nose, crouched to pounce.

"Ooh, ooh! Idea! Let's burn everything! That's a good idea, right? That way, we're bound to hit something we're looking for eventually. We certainly have enough magical pocket calculators for it as well, yes?"

Figure out if I could cut open the wall with just my monoatomic razor or if I would require a cutting torch as well.

Well, you could probably do the bulk of the cutting with the razor, but since it can't stab in you'd need to make a starting hole with the torch.

The sharkmist had his interest now.  Hmmm...

Assuming I still have a sample container, attempt to break off a piece by scraping it off with the container (IE- not touching it with suit.)  Either way, then draw a Hexagon, the symbol of Cog-azaon, on the sample with a marker.  Pray as below, then contemplate on what this sharkmist could be.

"O Cog-azaon, please grant unto me divine understanding of this sharkmist substance!  I implore thee to lift the veil and grant me knowledge!
You break two containers before you find a section of Macromist weak enough to let you scrape some of it away.  After a quick divine scribble and a prayer you settle in to think about the substance.

Hmm. Might be organic, or pseudo-organic. Maybe carbon based constructors?

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"I've already been to some missions with mindfuckery." Milno said, taking a pause to let loose bloody coughs before continuing. "Better keep communication constant and warn the team about anything you see; depending on the type of mind screwing, I don't doubt some of us may be forced to fire at each other by it."

From the coughing and blood, try to estimate how much time until I'm out.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)

It's hard to tell. You've felt a little better since increasing the temperature in your suit but...well, you're starting to feel like you should enter the macromist maze. It seems...just to be the right thing to do. You have no idea why.

"...technically I'm probably resistant to harsh emotions, by the way," Faith said, glancing down at her wrist. "But on the other hand, if that system breaks or gets overloaded we might have a problem."

Step into corridor. Attempt to break off a sizeable chunk of macromist wall.
You step into the corridor and break off a piece of the wall. As you do so you feel your entire chest cavity spasm violently. You stumble out of the hall and proceed to coat the inside of your helmet in blood.

Thomas slumped down on the ground near the wall, looking at Jim, and opened his mouth as if to say something, but stayed silent. What could he say? Nothing like this had ever had ever happened to him. He sighed and stood up, walking to the outer edge of the group and looking up.
Be the lookout.
You stare really hard at the wall. Yep. It's not murdering you. Oh look, faith just vomited blood all over the inside of her helmet. Thats cool, you guess. Just as long as that wall isn't having any cheeky thoughts.

((Hey there. I'm back and just checked up on the posts I missed. Poor Feyri. Thanks for taking care of Lukas for me, Radio Controlled!))

Lukas follows Miyamoto into the tunnel

You thud your way after Miyamoto and stop where he stopped You poke him a couple times as his suit twitches.

"Yo, you ok man?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12026 on: February 10, 2013, 04:04:41 am »

"Hey, anybody want to lend me a cutting torch or something? I'll only use up a few seconds, I promise!"

Stand outside the elevator and await the brave, intrepid adventurers that will indubitably come out.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:52:45 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12027 on: February 10, 2013, 04:42:35 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Mining area, Entrance

"Oh crap. Oh crap. Guys? You need to get you out of here! We need to get you out of here. GET OUT OF THERE! RUN!" said Flint as he backed away from the body and turned towards his teammates.

Carry everyone who is showing clear signs of mind fuckery (Miyamoto, Bishop) or disease (Faith, Milno) back to the elevator area (or to the door if Stacy has already closed it). Start with whoever is closest. If I can't see Bishop, go after him. EDIT:Also, increase my suit's internal temperature, just in case. EDIT2: Since everybody else has been taken care of, run after Bishop. Follow the tunnel for as long as I'm fairly sure that that is the route Bishop took (ie go to the point I last saw Bishop and keep going forward until I reach the first intersection after that point). If I can see Bishop, or if he comes this way, help him get back to the elevator.

@Stacy: "Stacy get that elevator open whatever it takes and get it open fast. We need to get all of the infected out of here as quickly as possible. That shark mist is sentient and it doesn't just kill people. It takes over their bodies. So that would make it a... zombie grayshark mist? Ehh, whatever." ((By the way, didn't someone have a second mining laser? You could use that for opening the hole.))

EDIT:"Oh and heat! Don't forget the heat! That thing hates heat. Crank up your suit temperatures."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 05:04:37 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12028 on: February 10, 2013, 05:07:00 am »

"Stacy get that elevator open whatever it takes and get it open fast. We need to get all of the infected out of here as quickly as possible. That shark mist is sentient and it doesn't just kill people. It takes over their bodies. So that would make it a... zombie grayshark mist? Ehh, whatever."

"Oh. That's nice. Sentient shark mists and stuff. How exciting! I suppose I'll keep Feyri in the elevator, then. Wouldn't want her two halves getting up and beginning to shoot and kick people. That Jim person would probably not take it well."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 05:10:08 am by Harry Baldman »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12029 on: February 10, 2013, 06:01:58 am »

Lukas

"Yo, Miyamoto?" Lukas pauses for a second. "Guys, something is wrong about this place. Miyamoto is being weird and stuff. Let's get the hell out of here."

Grab Miyamoto and go back the way I came.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 1256