Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 742620 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #3840 on: November 27, 2017, 02:17:35 pm »

E The alldivines can buy it, but only as an independent vassal of the crown. They rule as they wish, but under our protection.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 02:20:24 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: November 27, 2017, 02:18:12 pm »

B or D, we can not afford settling the land and may need the cash.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: November 27, 2017, 02:18:40 pm »

C

The peasant houses will be beautiful.

But then we gotta figure out something with the money we lost, but thats whats money is for.

Peasant houses.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: November 27, 2017, 02:18:58 pm »

C Yeah we sold that land to the Dwarves in the First SPAMKINGDOM. Look how that turned out.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: November 27, 2017, 02:21:07 pm »

Yeah we sold that land to the Dwarves in the First SPAMKINGDOM. Look how that turned out.

If that is true, then C! no selling, ever.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: November 27, 2017, 02:22:33 pm »

Didn't we sell it because there were lizards hiding in the caves underneath?

B

Someone else can deal with those beasts, we just need to get our economy back in shape.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: November 27, 2017, 02:24:48 pm »

That was Zonalath, in northwest, as far as I remember ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: November 27, 2017, 02:26:10 pm »

C

Having a very militaristic maybe fanatical theocracy as a neighbor doesn't seem that great.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: November 27, 2017, 02:30:34 pm »

C

Yeah. Setting up more rivals in the future doesn't sound good.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: November 27, 2017, 02:33:36 pm »

Also just thought I'd mention that Houlandin is now my favorite out of Cyl's kids. That name brings me much happiness. Plus it fills me with more hope for the possibility of recreating Luathbas. The Houlandin kings were the best.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: November 27, 2017, 02:35:07 pm »

Edit: Since this is something that's come up time and time again I went ahead and asked the GM. He said that no, we don't.
Thank you, and I realize my mistake. Any natural taxes are of course offset by natural expenses. My bad. :-[

Although I don't see why we couldn't have cut the Fireblood alchemists' budget instead of the Army if that is indeed the third point of expense. Perhaps the advisor is shortsighted? Has a nephew in the guild?

What, if anything, can the Alldivines benefit us in the long term now that we can't use their mercenaries? Will it outweigh the growth of our own peoples?

Well, there is that unknown evil sealed beneath the old tunnels of the dwarves. A warrior-priesthood living on top of it would be a better advance guard than random peasants. And it might maybe kinda divert any lingering resentment from the dwarves. Both of those are weak reasons, though.

In the long term we need more taxes, which usually means we need more peasants to tax.

A But this is too big an opportunity for me to pass on. It gives us so much more freedom to make investments on whatever other events come up. Including investments in the army to meet any threat on any border.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 02:40:23 pm by mightymushroom »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: November 27, 2017, 02:37:17 pm »

A) can save our economy.
B can save our economy even more, and if not work we can go to C (only voting this because i don't want C to win right now, we need that cash to return things to normal, other option is A)
C) more population, nice, when we get more taxes? 10 pop? but right now we can't really spend money
D) just ignore everything
E The alldivines can buy it, but only as an independent vassal of the crown. They rule as they wish, but under our protection.
price to be combined

That was Zonalath, in northwest, as far as I remember ;v

Zonalath sitting on lizards
Zazistot sitting on demons, now is humans, sitting on dwarves, sitting on demons
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 02:40:07 pm by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: November 27, 2017, 02:40:25 pm »

A.
They will make good neighbors, if nothing else then as a wall against other people's aggression.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: November 27, 2017, 02:42:08 pm »

A, the Alldivines have been pretty great to us in the past, let's be good to them in return!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: November 27, 2017, 02:45:06 pm »

You decide to use this land for settlement and colonization. Some money and supplies is sent away with few hundred brave men and women already feeling the call of adventure!

Your Treasurer opens his arms in a very tired 'why' gesture and decides to take a week off the job.

1119 AD, Mid-Spring

Finally, you get some details on the deal between Calahan and the Gubta; apprently, he has converted to Eleven Graces, the current state religion of the Gubta, divorced his current wife and married fifth princess of Gubta Emperor. He also has to send half of profits from the gold mines at the easternmost tip of Ironbone Mountains to Gubta treasury for next ten years.

You look up from the report and at the Spymaster.

"They have gold mines?"

"Yes, my liege." The Spymaster nods. "Apparently they're highly efficient and provide Calahan with lots of money since he had them dug out at the start of the decade."

1119 AD, Late Spring

Esta gives birth once again! For once, it's a girl. Your beloved wife names her 'Erika'.

1119 AD, Summer

Seeking a good way to alleviate economical problems, the Treasurer has been digging through old papers and remembered that the silver mines are allegedly sitting on vast amount of silver.

"Mayhaps we should enlarge them so they bring us more yearly profits, my liege? Even if that will shorten their lifespan, I still think its a better alternative than hovering near-bankruptcy for next few years."

A) "Fine, let's expand the mines."
B) "Nah, they're fine as they are."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 1087