Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 742845 times)

Hotfire90

Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe III of Methiant!
« Reply #10410 on: April 26, 2018, 09:42:25 am »

C Permanent control of gemstone mines sounds nice.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10411 on: April 26, 2018, 10:04:53 am »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10412 on: April 26, 2018, 10:24:33 am »

B

The annexers want me to believe that as a matter of security one neighbor with goodwill and our guy in high government is more dangerous than one-or-two vassals technically "ours" on the map but run by NPC's corralling people who are proud and angry. I'm still picking the former.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10413 on: April 26, 2018, 10:35:06 am »

b
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: April 26, 2018, 10:41:46 am »

Better than nothing

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10415 on: April 26, 2018, 11:07:50 am »

B

The annexers want me to believe that as a matter of security one neighbor with goodwill and our guy in high government is more dangerous than one-or-two vassals technically "ours" on the map but run by NPC's corralling people who are proud and angry. I'm still picking the former.

I dunno, in the short term it's true that making friends with them like this is certainly less likely to create conflict, but long term they are sure to eventually turn on us and if they are absorbed that's a lot of conflict now but eventually it'll probably simmer down. I think that if you're thinking long term then obviously absorbing them is more secure (especially when you consider we don't get any new possible hostile neighbors from doing so, unlike if we say, absorbed a southerner that wouldn't really give us security because we'd have lots of new potentially hostile neighbors, if we absorb these guys that just means we get a bigger border with someone we're already pretty much next too.) When thinking like that the question I have as far as now vs later is if we think we're too unstable to absorb them now and that we'll have a better chance later? Which... No. I think this is a super strong position we're unlikely to be able to achieve as cleanly again.

So, yeah, from a security stand point? I think it's only short term thinking that would make someone say "we're more secure not absorbing them."

I'm voting B because I think it's the right thing to do like, from a roleplaying perspective. But I think someone who's just trying to powergame for the most long term and secure game should vote C.

Hotfire90

« Reply #10416 on: April 26, 2018, 11:15:17 am »

We can just annex all of Parsia without a problem, they can't oppose us, we occupy their capital and most of Parsia already. By annexing them we'll gain control of their gemstone mines, which will be nice boon to our economy.

The current offer is terrible compared with what we'd get if we just annexed them, they're offering us 10 years of tribute from a gemstone mine that we'd gain if we annexed them. In the case that the parsians will revolt after being conquered, our army will easily handle any revolts.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #10417 on: April 26, 2018, 11:39:07 am »

B
This is a nice compromise.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10418 on: April 26, 2018, 12:09:46 pm »

C! B is irredeemably stupid.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10419 on: April 26, 2018, 12:14:31 pm »

C
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10420 on: April 26, 2018, 12:17:47 pm »

C

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10421 on: April 26, 2018, 12:33:37 pm »

B

We got what I wanted, which was to get the bad guy out of the throne.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10422 on: April 26, 2018, 12:46:07 pm »

B

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10423 on: April 26, 2018, 12:50:45 pm »

I dunno, in the short term it's true that making friends with them like this is certainly less likely to create conflict, but long term they are sure to eventually turn on us and if they are absorbed that's a lot of conflict now but eventually it'll probably simmer down. I think that if you're thinking long term then obviously absorbing them is more secure (especially when you consider we don't get any new possible hostile neighbors from doing so, unlike if we say, absorbed a southerner that wouldn't really give us security because we'd have lots of new potentially hostile neighbors, if we absorb these guys that just means we get a bigger border with someone we're already pretty much next too.)

What I think is that there are always enemies. If we owned the whole world Haspen could still roll out Martians. Project into the long term and absorbing all of Parsia doesn't change our need for preparedness by one iota. So yeah, I'm working on the nearer term where I can see actual differences in which scenario presents fewer challenges to our army during the period they rebuild from war losses.

We can just annex all of Parsia without a problem, they can't oppose us, we occupy their capital and most of Parsia already. By annexing them we'll gain control of their gemstone mines, which will be nice boon to our economy.

The current offer is terrible compared with what we'd get if we just annexed them, they're offering us 10 years of tribute from a gemstone mine that we'd gain if we annexed them. In the case that the parsians will revolt after being conquered, our army will easily handle any revolts.

There is a school of thought that expansion on the map is the paramount measure of success. I can respect that and partially subscribe, it has a lot of truth including your point about the gemstones. Yet spamhistory suggests that greediness and overextension breeds revolts, extra expenses, and in the worst cases downfall. Permanent gemstones are a minor advantage when I expect next year's surplus to be +4 or better anyhow, and who knows what they yield ten years from now?

I'm not even certain that we would keep the mine in question: if it is in vassal territory game rules may force us to yield it to vassal, aka NPC, control.

Ten (or twenty, the duration of the non-aggression pact) years from now our army should be ready to go again if we want more shinies that badly. And we won't be fighting vassals who have had access to our superior tech.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10424 on: April 26, 2018, 12:53:14 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 1087