Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 742727 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Empress Ruberta I of Methiant!
« Reply #12990 on: July 21, 2018, 04:09:14 pm »

About attacking the Kingdom of Eldrican in the near future, I'm pretty sure they have an alliance with Rucus, and thus might even have ties to the empire.  So that's probably not something we want to go for right away. In addition, although they were weaker then us for quite a while, they've not really shown off their martial power since they absorbed the horse tribes. If they can call upon tribal hordes to supplement their armies they'd become a lot more powerful then they were last time we had anything to do with them.

About why I'd vote for Doge as our heir instead of Cyl... It's just that the nobles of the North seem very... Traditional and fractious. We've come to get them to accept that eventually we'll merge under Doge, and they have many years to get used to the idea. I'm not sure if they'd take it well if that was suddenly sped up and Cyl was put in charge of the empire, even if Cyl is their king, he doesn't command them as absolutely as we command our bureaucratic empire.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12991 on: July 21, 2018, 04:57:54 pm »

About attacking the Kingdom of Eldrican in the near future, I'm pretty sure they have an alliance with Rucus, and thus might even have ties to the empire.  So that's probably not something we want to go for right away. In addition, although they were weaker then us for quite a while, they've not really shown off their martial power since they absorbed the horse tribes. If they can call upon tribal hordes to supplement their armies they'd become a lot more powerful then they were last time we had anything to do with them.

About why I'd vote for Doge as our heir instead of Cyl... It's just that the nobles of the North seem very... Traditional and fractious. We've come to get them to accept that eventually we'll merge under Doge, and they have many years to get used to the idea. I'm not sure if they'd take it well if that was suddenly sped up and Cyl was put in charge of the empire, even if Cyl is their king, he doesn't command them as absolutely as we command our bureaucratic empire.

I see your logic, but the north is doing well enough for Cyl that he can go on vacation. There is likely a high happiness score on his end. I doubt they will revel against their beloved King any time soon.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12992 on: July 22, 2018, 12:09:48 am »

A?

Yes A

That is the son of our current husband right?

Would let us ensure Cyl keeps him alive and well so that he can keep up the personal union.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12993 on: July 22, 2018, 12:52:45 am »

One last thing before I go to sleep. Eldrican has constantly asked us for help throughout the history of methiant, they are most certainly not a superpower

on why I considered eldrican to be a super power

Let’s imagine ourselves to being a methiant general what do you need for a war recruits breed or something like it wine for the morale fire blood armaments and ammunition let’s say that’s you deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep inside eldrican territory what well for starter fully equipped soldiers with dwarven steel assaulting your legions constantly (they have to spend large chunk of their wealth on something to get where they are now and probably are making artifacts for them and not just building toys for the king right)being assaulted left right and center.a) the bread if it even comes is usually moldy
And might as well as garbage so you mostly have to loot it from the the villages that you conquer which
We get to our next point b) due to the supply chain stretching out it and being especially easy for the soldiers of eldrican Terrain far more than you would know they hide in the bushes behind the rocks waiting for the right chance to kill

Due to the supply line issue less recruits are coming in due to the gurrila warfare of the eldrican forces
And those that due come in are often wounded.

(My argument condensed fighting eldrican forces directly is about as smart as smashing your face into a castle wall and hoping it will break before you.but with magical beasts and strange and powerful artifacts
That just might be the equivalent to a sledgehammer still hard as stone but possible)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12994 on: July 22, 2018, 02:31:34 am »

*Snip*

Was Eldrica the one at war with the dwarves a while ago? I can't remember. I do admit that it has actually been a while since they last showed of their martial prowess though, and they might be able to get troops from the hordes they conquered a while ago. However, the supply line issue is exactly why I was thinking it might be a good idea to use two armies, one through Eval and one through Koi, which would take out all the castles and important cities nearbye. I do think that taking over Eldrica will be a multi-war process and probably something we won't be easily doing soon, but it should be manageable with our 10 army. Also, you say they've spent tons of money on dwarven steel, but I don't remember that being said anywhere. I thought they used their money to pay of their debts, though I suppose I could be wrong. If it turns out they actually have been said to use dwarven steel somewhere before in the thread I suppose that changes things, making them even more of a later project than before. If that is the case, I say we also try to be diplomatic with the dwarves until they next offer us dwarven steel, and if they are allied with Eldrica then we just keep being nice to them and giving them money until they will choose either to not intefere or to join our side. At this point, with how friendly we've started being with the dwarves, it would be best to not aggravate them again since they could probably quite easily destroy the artifacts they've given us.

Honestly, my plan personally would be to see how inhabitable the uninhabited areas are up northwest, especially the Northern Mountains which are likely to contain more silver and gold to keep us going a bit longer. If we can get to them before Eldrican expands across them too much, that's more money and crafts to fuel economic growth which could then allow us to strengthen the border forts, since that option tends to pop up each time we have that much money. Then we deal with Hellsite and possibly Albion, depending on how large they actually turn out to be whenever the cartographers get round to going up there, probably opening up more exploration and trade options overseas. That's as far as my plan goes for now, since that would still probably take quite a few years due to us trying to safely integrate Cydwyl and the potential exploration of the Northen Mountains, and who knows what could happen in that time.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12995 on: July 22, 2018, 02:38:48 am »

*Snip*

Was Eldrica the one at war with the dwarves a while ago? I can't remember. I do admit that it has actually been a while since they last showed of their martial prowess though, and they might be able to get troops from the hordes they conquered a while ago. However, the supply line issue is exactly why I was thinking it might be a good idea to use two armies, one through Eval and one through Koi, which would take out all the castles and important cities nearbye. I do think that taking over Eldrica will be a multi-war process and probably something we won't be easily doing soon, but it should be manageable with our 10 army. Also, you say they've spent tons of money on dwarven steel, but I don't remember that being said anywhere. I thought they used their money to pay of their debts, though I suppose I could be wrong. If it turns out they actually have been said to use dwarven steel somewhere before in the thread I suppose that changes things, making them even more of a later project than before. If that is the case, I say we also try to be diplomatic with the dwarves until they next offer us dwarven steel, and if they are allied with Eldrica then we just keep being nice to them and giving them money until they will choose either to not intefere or to join our side. At this point, with how friendly we've started being with the dwarves, it would be best to not aggravate them again since they could probably quite easily destroy the artifacts they've given us.

Honestly, my plan personally would be to see how inhabitable the uninhabited areas are up northwest, especially the Northern Mountains which are likely to contain more silver and gold to keep us going a bit longer. If we can get to them before Eldrican expands across them too much, that's more money and crafts to fuel economic growth which could then allow us to strengthen the border forts, since that option tends to pop up each time we have that much money. Then we deal with Hellsite and possibly Albion, depending on how large they actually turn out to be whenever the cartographers get round to going up there, probably opening up more exploration and trade options overseas. That's as far as my plan goes for now, since that would still probably take quite a few years due to us trying to safely integrate Cydwyl and the potential exploration of the Northen Mountains, and who knows what could happen in that time.
well I think I remember eldrican was on good terms with the dwarf I might be wrong if that’s is the case then that leaves only the logistics problem which we can take with magical items or infrastructure or magical infrastructure either way it makes our jobs easier

About northern mountains we can’t just assume that it does possess silver and gold it’s likely that it does possesses some noble metals but it’s  probably just tons of iron maybe even some copper.

As for a war eldricean I don’t like long wars I want a blitz not stagnate in a 20 year war

An army marches on its stomach
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 03:24:16 am by Basil ii »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12996 on: July 22, 2018, 02:51:25 am »

aaaaaaa
ddddddd

* Haspen explodes.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12997 on: July 22, 2018, 02:55:51 am »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12998 on: July 22, 2018, 02:56:52 am »

A.
well that will break the tie

Pantonthon will probably size power now or make us pay tribute to the church
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 03:04:29 am by Basil ii »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12999 on: July 22, 2018, 02:58:28 am »

This was another example of my failures sorry for causing harm

From now on I will try my best to stay on topic

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 04:50:49 am by Basil ii »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13000 on: July 22, 2018, 03:24:01 am »

I don't think the Pantheon is going to just magically seize power. At the very least the other religions won't be happy. Honestly I'm fine with either vote, I just think that making Cydwyl take control will help the integration process. Also, claiming Haspen has suffered a mental breakdown and should rest because your vote isn't winning seems like a bad way to make people agree with you. Edit: Ah wait, you edited that bit about him needing to rest out.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 03:27:13 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13001 on: July 22, 2018, 04:06:14 am »

:o
I don't think the Pantheon is going to just magically seize power. At the very least the other religions won't be happy. Honestly I'm fine with either vote, I just think that making Cydwyl take control will help the integration process. Also, claiming Haspen has suffered a mental breakdown and should rest because your vote isn't winning seems like a bad way to make people agree with you. Edit: Ah wait, you edited that bit about him needing to rest out.
wait what that’s not what I meant at all sorry for the confusion I just suck I didn’t mean to make my post so unintentionally hostile I apologize if I caused harm with my posts
To the topic at hand now
Also about doge I guess I don’t really don’t mind that doge is the emperor like I am ok with it
About the clergy’s i guess that I am extremely paranoid I just don’t want a civil war my main problem with them is that they already proven to capricious and untrustworthy and we really really don’t want a damed invasion as a civil war is happening

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 04:54:37 am by Basil ii »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13002 on: July 22, 2018, 04:57:00 am »

I don't think you were causing harm. Causing harm with words would be if you told someone you knew to... well, harm themselves.

Anyway, yeah, I can completely understand while people are paranoid about Pantheonism taking control, and I agree that they need to be taught a lesson sometime in the future. However I don't think they will try to overthrow us since Ruberta's been a good ruler, in fact she's the first Good ruler in hundreds of years if I remember correctly, and we have max happiness and authority. If anyone's going to cause problems it's going to be Cydwyl, and I'm hoping that showing we're willing to let Cyl take control when it's necessary will improve Cydwyl's opinion of us. Honestly, our entire future depends on this integration going smoothly, and I'm rather paranoid that something is going to go horribly wrong and we'll end up at odds with Cydwyl.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13003 on: July 22, 2018, 05:09:49 am »

I don't think you were causing harm. Causing harm with words would be if you told someone you knew to... well, harm themselves.

Anyway, yeah, I can completely understand while people are paranoid about Pantheonism taking control, and I agree that they need to be taught a lesson sometime in the future. However I don't think they will try to overthrow us since Ruberta's been a good ruler, in fact she's the first Good ruler in hundreds of years if I remember correctly, and we have max happiness and authority. If anyone's going to cause problems it's going to be Cydwyl, and I'm hoping that showing we're willing to let Cyl take control when it's necessary will improve Cydwyl's opinion of us. Honestly, our entire future depends on this integration going smoothly, and I'm rather paranoid that something is going to go horribly wrong and we'll end up at odds with Cydwyl.
ok
So how do you think that the other great powers will react if a union between cydwyl methiant where to happen.

Hold the phone could damed sponsor cydwyl nobles :o.

Wow I am extremely paranoid. Regardless we need more magical items
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 05:27:52 am by Basil ii »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13004 on: July 22, 2018, 05:30:37 am »

They'll probably be terrified at this new threat to their power. That's why I suggest we focus on being diplomatic, setting up trade deals, alliances, etc. This integration will double the size of an already powerful empire, and they will be terrified, but this integration has been slowly inching towards completion for so long it would be foolish to go back and waste all that effort. I'd say a period of peace and diplomacy lasting at least 10~ years would be ideal, which is another reason why I'm choosing Cyl, if we die he is a diplomatic king, something that will probably be needed to write the letters to any who do want to rebel. After a period of peace and establishing ourselves diplomatically I'd then suggest following up on some old wars that happened against Hellsite or Albion. Of course, if it is true that Eldrica is in with Lamentia, Rucus and all them that that does effectively bar off any expansion to the south or west, especially if Eldrica has dwarven steel. Though if they attacks us and we have more than a pyrrhic victory that would obviously complicate and change things.

Also, replying to an earlier post you made, if it is just iron and copper in the Northern Mountains then we can either do some trading with it or the tools we can make from it. Speaking of the Northern Mountains, I feel like they're going to need renaming once our cartographers explore past them, since it'd be rather odd to have the Northern mountains right in the middle of the map.

Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 1087