Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 742606 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe IV of Methiant!
« Reply #13320 on: July 30, 2018, 12:02:39 pm »

Yeah, that's going to get us stabbed for being a little shit. :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13321 on: July 30, 2018, 12:09:02 pm »

if that is true we need that safe succession staff replica as fast as possible. More children = more problems in the future. Besides when the !!CIRCUS!! Comes to town in about one hundred years I would not want a civil war.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 12:16:26 pm by Basil ii »

Hotfire90

« Reply #13322 on: July 30, 2018, 12:20:39 pm »

Taking over Eldrican through diplomacy will be way harder, unlike Cydwyl, we don't have a century old friendship and alliance with them, they also didn't keep their promise of repaying us 20 years of silver and even tried to assassinate Cyl I and they later succeeded in assassinating his wife.

It'd be both wiser and easier to invade and annex them.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13323 on: July 30, 2018, 12:23:34 pm »

Taking over Eldrican through diplomacy will be way harder, unlike Cydwyl, we don't have a century old friendship and alliance with them, they also didn't keep their promise of repaying us 20 years of silver and even tried to assassinate Cyl I and they later succeeded in assassinating his wife.

this however is far more likely to actually happen we need all the resources we can get our grubby little hands on.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13324 on: July 30, 2018, 12:25:14 pm »

Considering our hundred year friendship with Cydwyl started with a war between us, I'm sure we'll be fine.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13325 on: July 30, 2018, 12:28:31 pm »

Considering our hundred year friendship with Cydwyl started with a war between us, I'm sure we'll be fine.
true but do we have the time to actually annex them I mean it took about one hundred years to get where we are right now and the next one hundred years looks to be filled to the brim with!!CLOWNS!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 12:34:10 pm by Basil ii »

Hotfire90

« Reply #13326 on: July 30, 2018, 12:44:10 pm »

It took a century of friendship, alliance and a ruler who was sympathethic to the idea in order for us to inherit Cydwyl, and Cyl still had to convince his nobles to accept it. Eldrican views us with neutrality at best and their nobles probably won't allow us to simply take over Eldrican that way. As I said, we have 10 army, a martial genius and several war aiding artifacts, not to mention that we're still allied to Cydwyl.

We don't really have anyone else to target anyway, up north are our allies and trading partners, in the east is Parsia which is under our influence and Sim, south is Rucus and the rest of the Damedians. Expanding west is the only worthwhile option.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13327 on: July 30, 2018, 12:45:16 pm »

We could always consider the Gubta as a target. They haven't been stable for years now.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Hotfire90

« Reply #13328 on: July 30, 2018, 12:47:16 pm »

Gubta became the Sim Empire during the regency and defeated both Ysirene and Damedia, they've definitely recovered from their earlier instability and weakness.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13329 on: July 30, 2018, 12:52:02 pm »

Yeah. I have to say that with the East and North looking both strong and relatively friendly that leaves the South and East. The South is likely to band together against us so that leaves Eldrican to the west. I think that at the very least taking the Duchy of Koi is something we should consider. If we do for some reason decide to attack south then our target should probably be Lametania as they were never part of the Damdamian empire and therefor the least connected to the others. Just like the Duchy of Koi we also have some historical reason to target it as it was a part of the old Kingdom of Luathbas.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13330 on: July 30, 2018, 12:52:16 pm »

true but do we have the time to actually annex them I mean it took about one hundred years to get where we are right now and the next one hundred years looks to be filled to the brim with!!CLOWNS!!

Actually, I think there are ways for us to subvert the Clown prophecy. I recall the dream specifically referred to the Capital and Our Wife. I say we try to fuck with things by moving the capital North when we inherit our father's crown, and trying to put a widower, woman, or gay man on the throne when the prophizised year approaches.

I don't think it was ever proven that they were the ones to kill Cyl's wife (who was herself an Eldrican Royal).

Also, if we want to invade/anex them, I think we should get a few more allies first. In the lore questions thread, Haspen once said that the Ruccus/Eldrican alliance is confident that they can defeat a Methiant/Cydwyl alliance through raw numbers. There is also the fact that all the Damdamian nations see each other as brothers and friends, so if war starts going poorly for Rucus/Eldrican, some of their neighbors might get involved on their behalf.

I say we should look North to expand. Try to forge an alliance with Helliste at our sister's wedding to their prince in a few years, inherit Cydwyl once our father dies or retires, and then take Albion and Rossama by force.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 12:56:14 pm by Weirdsound »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13331 on: July 30, 2018, 01:09:20 pm »

Ok let’s us add our dice that yoe here has in case of war lucky1+ to everything martial 2+ dice so in the worst case scenario we get a 1 so let’s do some math 2+1 plus the one from the roll 2+1+1=4 a victory with heavy casualties. This does not add our banner with it becomes a 2+1+1+1=5
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 01:14:06 pm by Basil ii »

Hotfire90

« Reply #13332 on: July 30, 2018, 01:10:20 pm »

Our spymaster concluded that they were responsible for both assassination attempts, we later then presented the evidence to an Eldrican envoy and gave him a copy of it, and never got a response.

I think we can defeat both Rucus and Eldrican without too much trouble, we got a powerful army, a martial genius and our artifacts. The martial bonus along with our elite soldiers adds +3 to our rolls, if we're lucky our luck activates and we get an additional +1, then there's also the bronze flabearer which should also provides bonuses to our rolls, should we keep the lazerhorse we'll also have that to aid us in the war. Now the plague seems to have depleted the nomadic tribes in Eldrican which probably weakened them militarily, I do think we have a good chance of winning the war.

I'm alright with the idea of attacking Albion once we inherit Cydwyl, but I think invading Rosmana would be a bad idea. It took the entire coalition of Methiant, Cydwyl and the others as well as excellent rolls to beat the Rosmanans to a stalemate.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13333 on: July 30, 2018, 01:13:22 pm »

To weirdsound smart plan but we don’t know the exact range of the CIRCUS

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13334 on: July 30, 2018, 01:20:00 pm »

If we are going to wage war we should wait the oportunity to rise and we have a casus belli

We could later do a "holy crusade" against damdamians together with gutba in case they don't accept our fine trade deals, but first their peace treaty with gutba Sim Empire would have to come to an end

It would be hilarious if we make sure that one of the obligations of the victory is making our neighbor accept the "religious equality" law, when we have a state religion

to the eldrican we are "liberating" people from damdamian opression the first time it shows

I don't want to screw trade deals so for now hostility with the albionese would be a dick move and without a casus belli it will make our neighboors nervous, the last thing we want is a united coalization screwing us from all sides

And attacking the rosamana would make us break the treaty, and it can bring some dire consequences... of course

when she dies and there is another instability in the agaresians we could attack

We can "hide" his hedonism getting a title on the church maybe, be the emperor-priest devout to the god of love or pleasure, maybe we can press our point inside the church to make us the archpriest and change the rules of the religion from the inside.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 1087