Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 921 922 [923] 924 925 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 742589 times)

Hotfire90

Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe IV of Methiant!
« Reply #13830 on: August 11, 2018, 09:06:08 am »

We can't afford to look weak and let Gubta screw OUR bitch, but let us not rush into things. Let's write a letter and give them a warning...
and what if the republic invades and forms a practically impossible to defeat alliance with Gupta? We need strong allies.
I don't see how the Republic would form an alliance with Sim against Methiant, they've nothing in common and Sim is attacking Parsia, not Methiant, so how would Sim agree to an alliance against Methiant? Also the Republic sure is taking their time with invading us, they may just have wanted to extort us.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13831 on: August 11, 2018, 09:16:44 am »

AAA

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13832 on: August 11, 2018, 09:30:30 am »

We can't afford to look weak and let Gubta screw OUR bitch, but let us not rush into things. Let's write a letter and give them a warning...
and what if the republic invades and forms a practically impossible to defeat alliance with Gupta? We need strong allies.
I don't see how the Republic would form an alliance with Sim against Methiant, they've nothing in common and Sim is attacking Parsia, not Methiant, so how would Sim agree to an alliance against Methiant? Also the Republic sure is taking their time with invading us, they may just have wanted to extort us.
remember last time we met with the envoy we rolled a 2 I don’t think haspen will let us go with a slap to the wrist. maybe alliance was to strong of a word more like the consul of the republic notice that most of the meathaint army is away and it be a right time to press their issue with us and Gupta getting pissed of that we in their eyes betrayed them.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13833 on: August 11, 2018, 09:43:31 am »

The Republic envoy also said to await a quick reply and it's been what, a year and a half?

Hotfire90

« Reply #13834 on: August 11, 2018, 09:44:03 am »

remember last time we met with the envoy we rolled a 2 I don’t think haspen will let us go with a slap to the wrist. maybe alliance was to strong of a word more like the consul of the republic notice that most of the meathaint army is away and it be a right time to press their issue with us and Gupta getting pissed of that we in their eyes betrayed them.
They may be waiting for an opportunity, but that also means giving us time to prepare, also how would Sim see our intervention as betrayal? Outside of trade we have no treaties with them, meanwhile Parsia is under our sphere of influence, it is only just to defend our interests.

Sending them a letter to reconsider their war might be enough to deter them, I don't think Sim is ready or willing to fight against 2 kingdoms and an empire known for its powerful military.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13835 on: August 11, 2018, 09:49:38 am »

Still riskier than I am comfortable with. About seeing it as a betrayal look at haspen post about sim [the emperor] how he consider us to be his friends due to us helping [indirectly] Gupta get back on its feet
how would you react if your friends came to your lands to beat you up? I don’t know about you I would consider that a betrayal.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 09:56:14 am by Basil ii »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13836 on: August 11, 2018, 09:59:19 am »

I swear, this is the bestest negative trait I ever came up with <3

Yeah, give us some non-lust things relating to hedonism dammit!
Does anybody else think that hedonism is the worst negative trait
Honestly, this is more plain old lust than hedonism. >.>
Haspen, why are you doing this to us... WHYYYYYYY YOU MONSTER
geez man you don’t have to be rude about it if you disagree with us present your argument on why it’s bad.  [sorry if you were sarcastic I just can’t see sarcasm online]
I was agreeing with them, I- actually, Haspen just acknowledged the issue. I don't know what you thought I was saying, but it was probably not what I meant. I'm not good at communicating such things.

ACA
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13837 on: August 11, 2018, 10:00:56 am »

I swear, this is the bestest negative trait I ever came up with <3

Yeah, give us some non-lust things relating to hedonism dammit!
Does anybody else think that hedonism is the worst negative trait
Honestly, this is more plain old lust than hedonism. >.>
Haspen, why are you doing this to us... WHYYYYYYY YOU MONSTER
geez man you don’t have to be rude about it if you disagree with us present your argument on why it’s bad.  [sorry if you were sarcastic I just can’t see sarcasm online]
I was agreeing with them, I- actually, Haspen just acknowledged the issue. I don't know what you thought I was saying, but it was probably not what I meant. I'm not good at communicating such things.
sorry I ask for your forgiveness I too have problems communicating online.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:04:56 am by Basil ii »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13838 on: August 11, 2018, 10:01:19 am »

Switching to A A A as it seems more likely to pass and involving distant Cydwyl isn't a big deal.

If Mahjar Sim is willing to have a polite diplomatic discussion about the exact placement of borders while our armies glare at each other we don't have to fight, but we already sent him one letter of warning that we didn't want him messing with Parsia. The guy needs to take a hint, and our 'great warrior' needs to flex his muscles.

how would you react if your friends came to your lands to beat you up? I don’t know about you I would consider that a betrayal.

Exactly, we asked our "friend" to back off and he didn't.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13839 on: August 11, 2018, 10:08:10 am »

AAA

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13840 on: August 11, 2018, 10:09:36 am »

Switching to A A A as it seems more likely to pass and involving distant Cydwyl isn't a big deal.

If Mahjar Sim is willing to have a polite diplomatic discussion about the exact placement of borders while our armies glare at each other we don't have to fight, but we already sent him one letter of warning that we didn't want him messing with Parsia. The guy needs to take a hint, and our 'great warrior' needs to flex his muscles.

Exactly, we asked our "friend" to back off and he didn't.
we really need to confront him preferably on the diplomatic side also if we are to invade we should do it while they are weakened by the war with parsia. Also what would be our war goals? Gupta is to large to directly annex if we have a total victory I would suggest balkanizing the entire state and make hordes of weak easily controllable satellite states.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:20:00 am by Basil ii »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13841 on: August 11, 2018, 10:11:12 am »

You're not making a lot of sense. We're not going to invade Sim. We're going to defend our... Uh. Whatever Parsia is. Leech basically, since they never do anything for us.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13842 on: August 11, 2018, 10:15:20 am »

You're not making a lot of sense. We're not going to invade Sim. We're going to defend our... Uh. Whatever Parsia is. Leech basically, since they never do anything for us.
yes but we need something to show for it pissing of Gupta most be worth it I am not satisfied with only defending parsia it must be of equal value to the massive disadvantage that having a one more large southern state angry with us.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:48:06 am by Basil ii »

Hotfire90

« Reply #13843 on: August 11, 2018, 10:43:00 am »

yes but we need something to show for it pissing of Gupta most be worth it I am not satisfied with only defending parsia it most be of equal value to the massive disadvantage that having a one more large southern state angry with us.
Parsia is worth the price, we can try to coerce them into becoming our vassal once the war has been won or averted. We're not going to piss of Sim by defending our interests, especially not if we've warned them not to attack Parsia.

Also changing to AAA
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:47:15 am by Hotfire90 »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13844 on: August 11, 2018, 10:51:41 am »

yes but we need something to show for it pissing of Gupta most be worth it I am not satisfied with only defending parsia it must be of equal value to the massive disadvantage that having a one more large southern state angry with us.
Parsia is worth the price, we can try to coerce them into becoming our vassal once the war has been won or averted. We're not going to piss of Sim by defending our interests, especially not if we've warned them not to attack Parsia.
if we coerce them to become our vassal would they not start to hate us? And try to revolt when we are weak? I guess we could pull of another cydwyl and diplomatically annex them through marriage.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:00:52 am by Basil ii »
Pages: 1 ... 921 922 [923] 924 925 ... 1087