Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 952 953 [954] 955 956 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 742845 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe IV of Methiant!
« Reply #14295 on: August 29, 2018, 11:55:09 am »

Establish Calendar of Festivities
It is time.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14296 on: August 29, 2018, 11:56:24 am »

Pass advancement of religion act
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:35:47 pm by Basil ii »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14297 on: August 29, 2018, 12:00:39 pm »

Darn it, too slow composing to get my vote in.

From what Dad said, Cydwyl is just barely still with us (probably his charisma saved our butt) and who knows what happens if we accidentally :P tick off our hand-picked Cydwyllian wife. I don't favor an artifact because we've seen what can happen if we rely too heavily on them. (Nor do I know that we can easily get the dwarves to re-create a human scepter.)

Anyway . . .

I admit that I didn't expect happiness quite that high already, but I still think festivals are worth considering as budgeted public relations rather than one-time expenses. Should help to define and spread a unified culture, too.

Either that or repeal official status for Pantheonism now that we're trying to integrate Parsia. But I was going to wait for a religious clash event before going that direction.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14298 on: August 29, 2018, 12:01:42 pm »

We have enough luxury resources coming in every year that we shouldn't need a bunch of festivals.

If we Pass Advancement of Religion Act, we get more schools, which might lead to a better educated populace.

Hotfire90

« Reply #14299 on: August 29, 2018, 12:03:25 pm »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14300 on: August 29, 2018, 12:20:56 pm »

Advancement of Religion!

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14301 on: August 29, 2018, 12:24:33 pm »

We have enough luxury resources coming in every year that we shouldn't need a bunch of festivals.

If we Pass Advancement of Religion Act, we get more schools, which might lead to a better educated populace.
you know what fine I’m convinced I will to change my vote.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:36:35 pm by Basil ii »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14302 on: August 29, 2018, 12:26:13 pm »

I still think we should do the bill of rights since we are mostly an administrative monarchy with noble hold overs from the past.  The sooner all citizens are equal under our absolute rule the better.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14303 on: August 29, 2018, 12:29:16 pm »

I still think we should do the bill of rights since we are mostly an administrative monarchy with noble hold overs from the past.  The sooner all citizens are equal under our absolute rule the better.
well we could go anarco monarchist in the future to those that don’t know it was a fringe political theory that argued towards the divine right of kings and Christian ethics.

Or what we could do in the future we could copy the German Kaiserreich system in which the Kaiser had near absolute control over the country but still had a parliament.

Or we could just stay a absolute monarch that’s fine too.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:34:39 pm by Basil ii »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14304 on: August 29, 2018, 12:31:38 pm »

you know what fine I’m convinced 1+

I don't think Haspen counts '+1' as a vote. You better change that.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14305 on: August 29, 2018, 01:02:52 pm »

Advancement of Religion!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14306 on: August 29, 2018, 01:13:02 pm »

Calendar of festivities

For no reason other than our character wants it.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14307 on: August 29, 2018, 01:33:05 pm »

Pass Advancement of Religion Act Pantheonism forever!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14308 on: August 29, 2018, 01:59:00 pm »

Religious schools? Administrated by the hierarchy, no doubt.
Theological conferences? A ruler with no wisdom or charisma won't be heard.

For myself, I've never been enamored of the Pantheonists, but for the good of the kingdom I hope this goes better than I fear if it wins. It's an unusual moment in history when a significant fraction of the playerbase is saying let's have the crown hand more official power to the Pantheonist order just because we want to; usually it requires a rebellion and a series of poor rolls (or vice versa).

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14309 on: August 29, 2018, 02:05:21 pm »

Yeah, it is an interesting departure from the feelings that prevailed in the past. On the other hand, I kinda understand. We've tried religious equality for a long long time, and it simply never worked. It takes an extremely strong hand on the wheel to even keep even on the religious tolerance track, and any slip up always instantly ends in a rebellion. When even Cyl I went though the First Theological Council of Luathbas, which at the time seemed to go great, ended up only putting off the issue for 30 years before it devolved into rebellion as soon as he passed it seems like the path of tolerance is actually just impossible to achieve, so if that path is pointless to even try, we might as well try the other way, I suppose.
Pages: 1 ... 952 953 [954] 955 956 ... 1087