Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 742738 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin III of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #14775 on: September 09, 2018, 08:23:28 pm »

But seriously, we should repeal state religion

Honestly, now that we have Cydwyl, I wouldn't be opposed to that. But we should handle this war with Helliste, and wait for our army to recover before considering it.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14776 on: September 09, 2018, 08:29:48 pm »

If we are moving our army let's not do the option in which some of our nobles can rebel

Modernize Siege Engineering Principles

next year with the boost in authority we can make the scaling tax
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14777 on: September 09, 2018, 08:38:21 pm »

What if we have a state religion and religious equality.  The state supports one and that one gets fancy golden hats or whatever but everyone is free to worship what they want.

That said,

Fireblood skirmisher tactics

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14778 on: September 09, 2018, 08:42:08 pm »

I'd be against adding freedom of religion until a supporter of it can explain why they think that it'd be more likely to work now, when we have almost all of our country fervently supporting the religion against it, including a lot of semi autonomous powers from a highly religious and traditional culture when previously we had a much more eclectic spread of religions, overall support from the religion against it was way lower, we had no autonomous military powers within us to build up a base of support for rebellion, the religious heads had all agreed that there shouldn't be a supreme religion in the country and religious equality had been the established law for 40 years, and it still the policy failed and ended in rebellion?

In the meantime I agree that this isn't the time for controversial tax decisions, in the middle of the war with a new king.

Modernize Siege Engineering Principles

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14779 on: September 09, 2018, 10:07:59 pm »

What if we have a state religion and religious equality.  The state supports one and that one gets fancy golden hats or whatever but everyone is free to worship what they want.
Everyone is free to worship what they want right now. That's why we still have bullshit like Parsians starting riots against the Pantheonist preachers.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14780 on: September 09, 2018, 10:33:27 pm »

Everyone is free to worship what they want right now. That's why we still have bullshit like Parsians starting riots against the Pantheonist preachers.

To be fair, they would likely riot harder if we told them they couldn't practice 11ism or Alldivineism.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14781 on: September 09, 2018, 10:36:12 pm »

On one hand that's a case for loosening religious restrictions.

...But on the other if they riot we can get the perfect excuse to wipe out the lot of them.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14782 on: September 09, 2018, 10:37:56 pm »

On one hand that's a case for loosening religious restrictions.

...But on the other if they riot we can get the perfect excuse to wipe out the lot of them.

Good to know that Parsians trump Pantheonists on the list of things in SPAMKINGDOM that Taricus despises.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14783 on: September 09, 2018, 10:42:01 pm »

Hey, there is NOTHING that's worse than a parsian. And they're the only thing that worse than a damedian (Or whatever they're called). For all their faults, the pantheonists are luathbasi at least :P

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14784 on: September 09, 2018, 10:43:48 pm »

To be fair, they would likely riot harder if we told them they couldn't practice 11ism or Alldivineism.
Oh totally. I was arguing that things are fine the way they are.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14785 on: September 09, 2018, 11:02:56 pm »

Oh totally. I was arguing that things are fine the way they are.

To be fair, where we are now is kind of a half measure. Being Pantheonist for the sake of being Pantheonist was a great idea while we were trying to woo Cydwyl, but now that we control Cydwyl, I fail to see the value of our current religious policy. Schools I guess?

We should eventually either go freedom of religion and bill of rights or all in on the religious edicts.

Going liberal with bill of rights might unlock cool new edicts.

Going theocracy will give us legitimate excuses to go to war when our eventual missionaries piss off our neighbors and/or allies when said missionaries convert neighboring monarchies.

Actually, we could probably do both, and eventually enact both missionaries and the bill of rights. Could lead to some interesting internal conflicts though. Especially if we add religious unity on top of that.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14786 on: September 09, 2018, 11:04:54 pm »

Bill of rights seems to be the best option. And hey, nothing says liberalism has to stop us from declaring war at all.

Though on a more immediate front we need to start working on Cydwyl's nobility and crushing them like Methiant's has been.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14787 on: September 09, 2018, 11:09:39 pm »

Bill of rights seems to be the best option. And hey, nothing says liberalism has to stop us from declaring war at all.

Though on a more immediate front we need to start working on Cydwyl's nobility and crushing them like Methiant's has been.

I think the most uppity of nobles have their own duchies now. I'm fine with that. More vassals means more troops we can call upon when war comes.

If Helliste, for example, somehow manages to force our armies back, they will likely have to go through the fully rested and healthy armies of the three Methiant-Cydwyl Duchies that border them to launch a counter attack.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14788 on: September 10, 2018, 08:16:01 am »

The idea that more vassals means more troops is somewhat idiotic when it's land you could of gotten troops from anyway. It's not like there will magically be more troops coming from an area if you make it a vassal. Just saying.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14789 on: September 10, 2018, 08:59:47 am »

The idea that more vassals means more troops is somewhat idiotic when it's land you could of gotten troops from anyway. It's not like there will magically be more troops coming from an area if you make it a vassal. Just saying.
well we haven’t actually used the manpower from those regions in like 15 years
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1087