Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 742857 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin III of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #15285 on: November 04, 2018, 04:29:19 pm »

B A
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 04:59:04 pm by ZBridges »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15286 on: November 04, 2018, 04:36:02 pm »

A. B might well give Eldrican a valid casus belli to call in allies. Besides, once the war has started we can then tart hitting supply depots and the like.

More importantly knowing the troop movements will let us pull an ardennes on the Eldricans as well.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Hotfire90

« Reply #15288 on: November 04, 2018, 05:08:35 pm »

A

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15289 on: November 04, 2018, 05:10:12 pm »

A changing
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 01:13:07 pm by mightymushroom »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15290 on: November 04, 2018, 08:14:50 pm »

A
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15291 on: November 04, 2018, 09:11:22 pm »

B

A. B might well give Eldrican a valid casus belli to call in allies. Besides, once the war has started we can then tart hitting supply depots and the like.

More importantly knowing the troop movements will let us pull an ardennes on the Eldricans as well.

Eldrican's former King is willing to testify that they were planning to invade us. The valid casus belli belongs to us methinks. Not only am I all for option B, but I'm not opposed to striking now before they are ready. Our troops are already mobilized.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15292 on: November 04, 2018, 11:27:18 pm »

B

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15293 on: November 05, 2018, 04:35:50 am »

Eldrican's former King is willing to testify that they were planning to invade us. The valid casus belli belongs to us methinks. Not only am I all for option B, but I'm not opposed to striking now before they are ready. Our troops are already mobilized.

Yeah, but we can't exactly reveal our source. Moreover, while we do know that war is practically inevitable, how many allies Eldrican can bring in is possibly going to be determined by what we do here.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15294 on: November 05, 2018, 09:51:25 am »

Yeah, but we can't exactly reveal our source. Moreover, while we do know that war is practically inevitable, how many allies Eldrican can bring in is possibly going to be determined by what we do here.

Why can't we reveal our source? He is living in our palace and protected by our Shadow Ranks. If we lose the war, and they find him in our palace, they will assume treason anyway and kill him. If we win the war, he will be safe.

Also, if we strike Rucus or Lamentia first, we could send other potential Eldrican allies a message to choose their side wisely.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15295 on: November 05, 2018, 10:10:34 am »

Also, if we strike Rucus or Lamentia first, we could send other potential Eldrican allies a message to choose their side wisely.

If we strike Rucus or Lametania first we send a message that they better ally with our enemy empires because we can't be friends.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15296 on: November 05, 2018, 10:42:51 am »

If we strike Rucus or Lametania first we send a message that they better ally with our enemy empires because we can't be friends.

That is possible.

It is also possible that the world knows Rucus and Lamentania are already in Eldrican's pocket and have a bad history with us, and thus they cannot be taken as a typical example of how we treat other nations.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15297 on: November 05, 2018, 01:13:27 pm »

Changing to B

I really don't want to fight a war in the west and south at the same time. I want to argue for a diplomatic solution to Lametania & Rucus rather than an invasion that I think more likely to rile the Damdamian supernation than deliver border security. I was re-reading the party scene for hints that they are not close buddies with Eldrican and could be separated. The clues exist that Eldricans do not consider themselves part of the brotherhood despite their state religion; I suspect they may be allies of convenience more than loyal friends. (Could anybody really like Feir? He's such a nasty man that his own father chose us over him.)

Then I also noticed how Hein told us about the marriage pact and hinted there are further details unknown to him. Feir told us he was trading fireblood supplies to the south and closed down discussion of any other arrangement. And I thought, "What if they are parts of the same deal? And what if sabotaging the Eldrican supply apparatus interferes with that deal?" It's at least two leaps of speculation. But this is why I'm changing my vote: in the hope that it's just audacious enough to work.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 01:42:13 pm by mightymushroom »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15298 on: November 05, 2018, 03:11:17 pm »

I see absolutely no way we avoid fighting the West and South at the same time. They share a religion and a formal alliance, and we have no real clout with the south or leverage to use in negotiations.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15299 on: November 05, 2018, 03:49:44 pm »

aaaaa
bbbb

You send your agents to do gather information about Eldricans and their armies.

1213 AD, Winter

2to6, 5to6

Both Springwine and surplus t'chai have sold for considerable profits! These are nicely supplanted by gemstones, although due to civil war the gold bullion was stolen by rebels or otherwise lost.

The Spymaster wishes to meet with you just as the guards mention that scholars from Cartographers' Guild are asking for an audience, along with a some Pantheonist priests, and that there's also a delegation of Order of Father's Sword, some Damedian organization based in Rucus and Damedia, demanding an audience. Apparently, they are here to talk about your heathenry.

The first of the queue to met with you will be...

A) The cartographers.
B) The Spymaster.
C) The Damedian monks.
D) The Pantheonist priests.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1087