Unused

Ignore
- 0 (0%)
This
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 02:49:54 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD  (Read 98869 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2014, 12:49:59 am »

Nothing Blitz; after thinking for a bit, added Void Magic as a school of magic. Keep in mind, however, that you won't be able to cast unless you acquire a tool to cast with (wand, staff, tome, etc.)

Do you want me to change it so you have "You're a wizard, Harry!" and Death Magic instead, or keep it as is?
Keep it as is.
Um, hi. Do I need to change my character sheet? Because you still haven't accepted it.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2014, 01:43:47 am »

Thought I'd posted it, my mistake.
It's been added in.

Last call for character sheets; game will begin tomorrow. Estimated post time is roughly 6:00 PST, give or take a few hours.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2014, 09:07:04 pm »

As Gilbert finishes introducing you to the new world to which you are being exiled, your vision darkens.  A strange warmth surges throughout your body, and before long you suddenly find yourself in a brightly lit square.  The ground is sandy, and around you are other people.  As you  look around, you notice several things; first, that the square is fringed with buildings made of assorted materials, and second, that the light is not artificial...in fact, you cannot see a sky.  There appears to be a massive ceiling overhead, perhaps a couple hundred feet up, with built-in lights illuminating the interior.

Within several seconds of your arrival, your hands begin to warm, before they are nearly burning.  They quickly return to normal, however; except for the item that has materialized within your grasp.

Rune: 3 + 0 (LUCK) = 3
A glowing sword appears in your hands...but was unfortunately made for a smaller lifeform.

Ethereal: 1 + 1 (LUCK) = 2
A slip of paper with what appears to be the name of a spell scrawled across it appears in your hands...but you can't read the language!

David: 4 + 0 (LUCK) = 4
As the item in your hands grow, you drop it! It appears to be a crudely constructed robot. It is functional.

Alex Raman: 1 + 0 (LUCK) = 1
A sharp piece of scrap metal appears in your hands.  REFLEX: 2 + 0 = 2.
The metal cuts your hands as it appears. ENDURANCE: 2 + 1 (STR) = 3.
There is moderate bleeding, but you clench your teeth and swallow your pain. 

Vot'el: 2 + 0 (LUCK) = 2
A bib appears.  Just the thing to keep the blood off your shirt!  You tie it around your neck hastily.

US-2497: 1 + 0 (LUCK) = 1
An explosive appears, an ironic gift from Swiffer! REFLEX: 5 + 2 (DEX) = 7
You chuck it away as it explodes, and it sails towards someone else!  David - REFLEX: 2
The bomb explodes right in front of him, throwing shrapnel into his skin! David - ENDURANCE: 3 + 1 (STR) = 4
David's skin fills up with metal, but he remains standing.  His robot is hit with shrapnel as well, but it bounces off harmlessly.

Erizen: 2 + 1 (LUCK) = 3
A small one-shot electroshock pistol appears in your artificial hands.  It appears to be loaded.

Flamefury: 3 + 0 (LUCK) = 3
A small bottle containing - upon first inspection - an unknown substance appears in your hands.

Sarvex: 1 + 0 (LUCK) = 1
A viper appears in your hands! REFLEX: 2 + 1 (DEX) + 1 (REFLEX) = 4.
You reflexively drop it, and it lands on the ground in a heap.

Bruce Sanford: 6 + 0 (LUCK) = 6
A top hat appears in your hands! It glows with magical energy. And it's a top hat.

Faet: 5 + 0 (LUCK) = 5
A suit appears in your hands! It bristles with magical energy.

Jack: 5 + 0 (LUCK) = 5
A curved, razor-sharp knife appears in your hands. It feels malicious.

Ethan Skynn: 6 + 0 (LUCK) = 6
A pair of glasses appears in your hands.  As you put them on, you notice you can peer into the minds of others! WILL: 3 + 1 (IQ) = 4
You are slightly taken aback by the initial experience, but you get used to it quickly.

Nate: 5 + 0 (LUCK) = 5
A mustache appears in your hands. The perfect disguise!

Zack Abrams: 3 + 0 (LUCK) = 3
A thick book appears in your hands.  The title reads, "A Comprehensive Look at the Aether"

You all look up from your item to see that everyone around you has received one as well. This could escalate out of control.

Hey, please bold your actions.  If you want to change it, just modify your post before the next update.  Character death is permanent (except for magic), but new characters will be accepted following the death of your first one.  Please post BEFORE 6:00 PST on Wednesday and Saturday, after which time the update will occur. Any who do not post before that time will have their characters automated/idled.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 10:23:25 pm by DontBanTheMan »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2014, 09:19:17 pm »

"Robot! Go kill that other robot! Other robot! You jerk that really smarts!"
Tend to wounds and watch the robot's battle to the death.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2014, 09:20:28 pm »

By the way, to clarify things: You may do multiple actions in a turn, if all but one of the actions would not require a roll (Put on top hat = no roll, order robot = no roll).

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2014, 09:25:28 pm »

(( Yes, simple actions such as walking (but not running), talking (but not diplomacy/lying), etc. do not require rolls. (and no, killing everyone doesn't grant you freedom, so it's not.)))

Also, I'll try to keep your characters as up to date as possible, but if you notice a mistake/late update, feel free to send a PM.  I prefer to keep those sorts of complaints out of the thread, thanks.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:28:21 pm by DontBanTheMan »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2014, 09:43:27 pm »

(( No one told you to kill anyone.  It's a square, not an arena -- the fact that you have not spent the time to observe your surroundings does not mean that the surroundings are closed in ))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2014, 11:02:29 pm »

Look around. Use my skill in Chemistry to cursorily determine what the liquid might do.

"Yes, why would we fight? We're in a new world! There's so much to learn, so much to burn, so much fun to have!"

((What do each of my inherent magic spells do, by the way?))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2014, 11:11:35 pm »

Magic Sparks will summon sparks (low level spell, useful for setting things on fire).
Erupt will cause the ground to erupt in flame.
Immolation will cause you to be covered in fire, damaging nearby characters/those who attack you.
Fireball summons a ball of fire that may be thrown in a line.
Charm makes others see you in a more friendly light (NOT a control spell, mostly improves relation)

tjmaxx999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2014, 11:17:30 pm »

I back away from the group and look around. I also put on the mustache.
((Being a government agent, do I already know what crimes everyone else has committed, particularly the ones that eradicated entire races and such?))

Nunzillor

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2014, 11:19:39 pm »

"ROBOT" DESIGNATION MOP.  MOP SELF-SET DIRECTIVE NOT MURDER.  BOMB ORIGINATION UNKNOWN BUT HIGHLY IRONIC.  CEASE AGRESSION OR PREPARE FOR INDUSTRY-LEADING MOPPING ACTION.

Prepare to defend!  While doing this, back away slightly from the partially murderous group of individuals.

((Edited due to unstoppable editing habit))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:47:43 pm by Nunzillor »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2014, 11:21:02 pm »

(( The crimes of the people who murdered continents are relatively well-known, but unless you know who they are (unless its obvious, like the giant bronze colossus) you do not know, seeing as there are billions of criminals in the Crown's domain. More minor criminals would not be known by you. ))

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2014, 11:23:35 pm »

I'm just...gonna...like...get some fresh air...bye!

Walk away from the group while reading the paper to try and understand it.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2014, 01:01:02 am »

Examine surroundings.
"Hello."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2014, 02:07:39 am »

"Croak!"

Put on the top hat and hop around in search of water.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51