Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366]

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 649549 times)

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5475 on: May 09, 2024, 09:15:46 am »

Set vampire curses to 0 from advanced world gen, then generate a world with a couple hundred years of history and see if your custom vampire curses show up. Custom curses should work unless there's some problem with the interaction.

this is the interaction top half with part that should appear in world gen. there are 9 of these with different flavor text and different vampires being made in each one. I_SOURCE ranges from attack to minor curse to major curse
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I read through a lot of history of a 300 year old world there were tons of vampires ........and they all read a slab to become a vampire no one drank blood or was cursed directly by a deity

vampires set to 0
necromancers set to 0

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: May 09, 2024, 12:12:17 pm »

Can someone give me a rundown what makes BY_CATEGORY, BY_TYPE and BY_TOKEN mean in interactions? Wiki isn't helping.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: May 09, 2024, 01:44:12 pm »

this is the interaction top half with part that should appear in world gen. there are 9 of these with different flavor text and different vampires being made in each one. I_SOURCE ranges from attack to minor curse to major curse

So, there's the deity cursing part missing as a source. You've got only attack and ingestion as sources.

(example vampire has this:)
Code: [Select]
[I_SOURCE:DEITY]
[IS_USAGE_HINT:MAJOR_CURSE]
[IS_HIST_STRING_1: cursed ]
[IS_HIST_STRING_2: to prowl the night in search of blood]

Biting should work in world gen as long as the syndrome has SPECIAL_ATTACK_INTERACTION. Like ghouls have.
(Example from extracted raws:)
Code: [Select]
[CE_SPECIAL_ATTACK_INTERACTION:INTERACTION:SECRET_GHOUL_1:BP:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH:BP:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH:START:0:ABRUPT]
About the drinking blood part I'm not sure if it gets drunk during world gen.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: May 09, 2024, 11:04:16 pm »

Can someone give me a rundown what makes BY_CATEGORY, BY_TYPE and BY_TOKEN mean in interactions? Wiki isn't helping.

If you look at the vanilla body_default file, like this entry;

[BODY:BASIC_2PARTBODY]
   [BP:UB:upper body:upper bodies][UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
   [BP:LB:lower body:lower bodies][CON:UB][LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]

BY_CATEGORY is looking for the CATEGORY of a body part. Categories are arbitrary strings like creature classes or names, and any part that matches the BY_CATEGORY string will be flagged as a target for whatever you were doing. BY_TYPE are functional tokens, like the GRASP token makes a part able to grab things, STANCE parts will be used to stand and walk, UNDER_PRESSURE makes an internal part able to be 'spilled' by an attack, UPPER_BODY parts are the 'main' or 'base' part of a creature, and so on. BY_TOKEN is actually calling for an ID, the first string after BP in defining a new part, which identifies that specific part. You can have multiple parts using the same CATEGORY, but they should each be given a unique ID. That way you can attach the right hand to the right arm without also adding one to the left arm, because right and left arms will have the same category and type tokens. Parts in different categories might contain the same TYPE tokens, though, and a part can have more than one type token, like a grasp part can also be a stance part.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 11:05:59 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: May 10, 2024, 01:30:38 am »

In case you're making another dong mod, you could specifically target or require geldables with BY_TYPE. Just sayin'.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: May 11, 2024, 01:48:29 pm »

Okay, I am NOT making another dong mod.

But the tutorial's been nice. Thanks.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366]