Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]  (Read 92010 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Four adventurers walk into a dungeon... [Day 4]
« Reply #525 on: May 01, 2013, 01:18:09 am »

I'm busy right now, so I'm going to have to post a little later. If all goes well, "a little later" will be in about 12 hours.

Just so you know: I also have my second year finals coming up in three weeks. This will decide whether I get to enter the uni of my choice or not, depending on how well I do, so it's very important. Add on that three tests I have in the interim, which means I'm utilising as much time as possible to study. It'll inevitably come out of this, so I thought I should mention this before anything happens. Also not to make anyone expect WoTs from me again.

LNCP: What are you thoughts now that ZU flipped town?

That was my bet, and now I don't have one. I'm slightly suspicious of Okami because of his dancing about with his maybe-Wand. Alternatively, that might've been his way of soaking up Night actions, or something. I'm also suspicious of Toony at this point (but not enough to make a vote), because of the factors of his predecessor's unknown alignment, and his (Toony's) unreadable meta. The delay I don't factor in because I don't fully see the logic in it yet, and I've yet to make a judgement on it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 01, 2013, 11:49:49 am »

You're a fool to lynch anybody today.  Even if I was scum you would be a complete fool.
That could only possibly hold if we had another delay or block. If someone has one, I'm all ears. Otherwise, couldn't you conceivably kill 2 people the next night?
Yeah it's true, conceivably.  It's true for anybody that you delayed Hapah.  Unfortunately, even if I had a delay or block it wouldn't make a difference in this case to "prove" my claim.  Okami could target me with his kill tonight, which I would prefer since at the very least I know we will almost certainly lose if I get lynched, no question.

Just so you know: I also have my second year finals coming up in three weeks. This will decide whether I get to enter the uni of my choice or not, depending on how well I do, so it's very important. Add on that three tests I have in the interim, which means I'm utilising as much time as possible to study. It'll inevitably come out of this, so I thought I should mention this before anything happens. Also not to make anyone expect WoTs from me again.
Yeah I'm fucking swamped with school too.  Finals are next week why did I sub this game

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Can't Catch a Break [Day 3]
« Reply #527 on: May 01, 2013, 02:06:27 pm »

Vote Count:

Hapah:
Okami No Rei:
lordnincompoop:
ToonyMan: Hapah, Okami No Rei

No Lynch:  ToonyMan

Not Voting:  lordnincompoop

Day 4 will last until Thursday, 5/2 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 01, 2013, 02:50:14 pm »

I promised a post about now.

Sorry, but it's not going to happen. I found out about an hour ago I have a report due tomorrow. Extend.

Yeah I'm fucking swamped with school too.  Finals are next week why did I sub this game

I know exactly how you feel. Good luck out there in the trenches, bro.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 01, 2013, 03:04:13 pm »

Using a cell phone during exams to cheat?  More like using a cell phone during exams to make mafia posts.

Nah I'm kidding.  I waste time outside of class instead when I have three papers due next week uwwwooooooooooaaa

My classes are over the 9th of May, but I don't think we'll need to extend just because I have other things to do (I joined knowing this).  I think we can manage...although if there's still a lynch on me tomorrow I think I'm going to extend.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 01, 2013, 10:43:47 pm »

I'll kick in an Extend.

LNCP: Did you randomize Okami?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 01, 2013, 10:51:17 pm »

Except that I didn't kill anybody last night, because I'm not mafia!
That remains to be seen.

What makes sense to me is, Hapah uses a delay when there's likely going to be no other kills, targeting a prime suspect, nobody doubts this knowledge and lynch them (because obviously if we no-lynch they'll get two kills!), and then he just kills somebody at night for the win.  I'm not sure how he would avoid being killed himself, but there's tons of usable items in this game-type it seems.
If that's the case, why are you voting NoLynch and not Hapah?

You're a fool to lynch anybody today.  Even if I was scum you would be a complete fool.
Occam's Razor says you're scum, and you get two kills tonight.  NoLynching can only benefit you.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 02, 2013, 06:01:44 am »

LNCP: Did you randomize Okami?

No, I used a Scroll of Attraction on Toony and Okami.

After the ZU town flip, Toony was my strongest lead as you started to lean town. As I couldn't be sure of Okami's alignment despite my assessment, I couldn't risk him being anti-town and choosing to use a kill, whether he has it or not, on a townie. I thus made sure that if he used the kill, he would kill someone that I would think suspicious.

Of course, I didn't factor in a delay there, but that didn't matter. If Okami chose to use his kill, my suspect would flip. If Toony used a kill as you think he has but Okami didn't, then a non-suspect dies and may disadvantage town depending on the flip, but in the process, I'd find a confirmed killer - resulting in a net advantage. If both used their kills, then a double knockout and a town-antitown or an antitown-antitown death would occur, which is still a good situation for town to be in. If neither uses their kills, either because they didn't want to, because they don't have them, or because, as in this case, a delay happens, then no harm no foul.

Randomisations are dumb.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 02, 2013, 06:43:02 am »

I used a Wand of Blessing last night.  Toony's weapons received an upgrade.  I was aiming for Hapah.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 02, 2013, 07:47:59 am »

I used a Wand of Blessing last night.  Toony's weapons received an upgrade.  I was aiming for Hapah.

I don't think that matters if it did what you say. If he is mafia, the factional kill isn't an item and can't be enchanted. I think. There's no info on Enchant Weapon.

Moderator, please confirm?

And why did you want to use it on Hapah?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Can't Catch a Break [Day 3]
« Reply #535 on: May 02, 2013, 08:43:07 am »

Vote Count:

Hapah:
Okami No Rei:
lordnincompoop:
ToonyMan: Hapah, Okami No Rei

No Lynch:  ToonyMan

Not Voting:  lordnincompoop

Day has been extendedDay 4 will last until Friday, 5/3 at 11 PM EST.

I don't think that matters if it did what you say. If he is mafia, the factional kill isn't an item and can't be enchanted. I think. There's no info on Enchant Weapon.

Moderator, please confirm?

Enchant Weapon and Enchant Armor are Blessing-class effects.  Despite the name, they target the player and not any specific item.  For example, if a player has Enchant Weapon, then any kill the player does- Mafiakill, Scroll/Wand of Death, Grayswandir, any source- has a 20% chance to ignore protection or any other form of kill immunity.

Mafia factions have a factional Mafiakill that can be used by one player each night as a standard action.  It is not an item, and cannot be stolen or removed.

Does that clear things up?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 02, 2013, 11:32:35 am »

What makes sense to me is, Hapah uses a delay when there's likely going to be no other kills, targeting a prime suspect, nobody doubts this knowledge and lynch them (because obviously if we no-lynch they'll get two kills!), and then he just kills somebody at night for the win.  I'm not sure how he would avoid being killed himself, but there's tons of usable items in this game-type it seems.
If that's the case, why are you voting NoLynch and not Hapah?
Because it's what I think is the most likely scenario, but it doesn't mean I'm going to lynch somebody in mylo because I'm so sure of myself (he wouldn't have that dangerous possible conceivable two night-kills either which is good insurance).  I don't really think you're scum (I just can't see it with Leafsnail being killed by you N1), but LNCP could be still, for instance.

I can confirm this.  How did this happen?

Hapah delay Toony
Toony gets delayed
Okami blesses Hapah, but it goes onto Toony
LNCP attracts Okami and Toony

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 02, 2013, 11:37:50 am »

I just think it's ridiculous how Hapah was basically able to choose who we lynch today.  What if Hapah delayed Okami?  Or LNCP?  Lynching anybody today is so dumb.  I doubt the mafia even tried killing anybody last night with all this shit flying around which means one of you is playing it perfeeectly peachy.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 02, 2013, 04:18:06 pm »

It's all pretty weak, since it's just hypotheticals and conjecture regarding the nightkill. Frankly, I'm not particularly convinced by either side at this point.

I'll humour your theory, Toony. At this point, so close to the prize, I can't conceive of any reason why a scum member would want to avoid killing a Townie. It really doesn't matter who the target is or what else happens, unless the kill is redirected to the mafioso or harms him in some other way. It's always going to be a powerful advantage for scum.

The only way I can think of that doesn't involve a stupid mafioso or a delayed mafioso is this: That the mafioso had both the Scroll of Delaying and the kill free to use, and decided that instead of killing someone and risking having to survive in LYLO, to use the Delay on a Townie instead of the kill, and then frame that townie as being scum using this and the lack of an NK. The mafioso could then lead an easy mislynch in the eventual MYLO, dismissing the no-lynch by using the doublekill argument, and be safely out of harm's reach, thus sealing the game. That's very similar to what's happening here, except we don't know if Hapah is pursuing in earnest or executing such a plan. For a clever player, this isn't out of the realm of possibility at all, esp. considering the Delay scroll is a common item (I think).

That makes Toony and Hapah the likely scum players, I suppose. Right now, it's a toss-up.

Tangentially, I'd be pretty impressed in Hapah if he wins as scum in this game. That would be interesting.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 02, 2013, 08:21:40 pm »

And why did you want to use it on Hapah?
Because Toony is first on my scumlist, and you are number two.  Hapah's played a consistently Town game thus far, and I wouldn't put it past DeathSword to not realize that the Scroll of Fading, or whatever it was he used on Captain Ford, is a potential LYLO breaker.

Both Hapah and Toony's stories are plausible, so it comes down to this:

We lynch Toony and he flips Town, and Hapah kills one person tonight for the win.

We lynch Hapah and he flips Town, and Toony gets two kills tonight for the win.

We NoLynch, and either Toony gets two kills for the win, or Hapah gets a kill and we go to LYLO.

This is, of course, discounting possible item interactions.

I don't think Hapah is scum, and I definitely don't want to hand the game to Toony tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44