Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2294881 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14415 on: April 28, 2015, 01:08:02 pm »

Got sick from a statue. Being sick cut my hurthling beastfighter's health from 80hp to 20hp at all times until the sickness wore off. A locked door exploded and took me from 16 hp to -24 hp, so I never got to recover from the sickness. Thanks, RNG.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14416 on: April 28, 2015, 01:09:16 pm »

I am completely out of practice after over a year of not playing seriously; I can't design or pilot by feel anymore.  Launched half a dozen sub-orbital craft that failed to actually reach orbit due to inadequate delta-v, misjudged a couple EVAs with entertaining consequences, completely flubbed my first airplane design (not helped by the new runway being bumpier than the surrounding fields), and at one point dropped Jeb on his head from 20km up.  That said, I looked up at the clock and it was eight hours later, so the game definitely still has it. ^_^

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #14417 on: April 28, 2015, 01:24:48 pm »

Are you playing version 1.0? They've changed the entire aerodynamics model.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14418 on: April 28, 2015, 01:27:41 pm »

Yep.  It's similar, but still a bit different from FAR, which is what I used when I last played.  This is actually my first time using the stock aero model since I originally picked up the game, before I knew about its modding community.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #14419 on: April 28, 2015, 02:06:55 pm »

I'm yet to play it, unfortunately. I've got too much coursework to do before Friday. :(
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14420 on: April 29, 2015, 12:18:17 am »

Hee~.  While you don't actually die, I just learned that you can accidentally paint yourself into a corner in Broken Age.  Almost makes you remember those old Sierra games.  Specifically...

If you make the same mistake I did, you'd better pray you've been making manual saves.  Like I was, thankfully, but anyone who isn't used to old-school adventure games might have been relying on the autosave a little bit too much...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 12:19:54 am by Culise »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #14421 on: April 29, 2015, 11:11:20 am »

Doing a daily run as robot and was doing pretty well. I had a gatling slugger and a plasma rifle, some good mutations, and was tearing up the ice city. Then I screwed up and ate my gatling slugger instead of the flamethrower I found. Finished that level but was very low on energy ammo on the Little Hunter fight. Flamethrower vs Little Hunter was not a very effective weapon.

I love Robot, it's my best character. But sometimes you can really screw yourself over with his active ability.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14422 on: April 29, 2015, 01:33:56 pm »

The inevitable death of Robot: undone by its own gluttony.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14423 on: April 29, 2015, 01:52:26 pm »

With the caravan finally out of the bandit-infested woods, and only a few miles (tiles?) from Almor, I was convinced the money for this defense contract was ours. Then a few werewolves showed up on the horizon. My scouts reported them as a "weak hunting party". They caught up with us just outside of the city and proceeded to slaughter everyone with ease.

Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14424 on: April 29, 2015, 05:02:41 pm »

Flew back out to a landing site after crashing a plane within a mile of the site and getting lost trying to find it.  I came back to the game a day later after installing a cool looking mod.

I go back into career and decide to fly a plane out to the site again.  I land perfectly under the light of day, and have valentina get out of the Sparrow MkII only for her to very quickly fly up into the air.  I expect it's a bug of some kind and brace for the arc, the poof of smoke, and a quickload.

She's still flying...  She's not stopping.  I turn on the eva rcs and it puffs for a moment and slows down but suddenly cuts out with 99% fuel left for some reason.  Valentina is now slowly drifting through the air about a kilometer off the ground, slowly drifting higher.  I alt-F12 to check gravity.  yep...still on, and then I remember the mod.  I installed Kerbal Inventory system and suddenly remembered the reason I didn't install it yesterday was because it's not 1.0 ready.

It seems it's buggy wrong version effects are a faulty EVA rcs nozzles and anti-gravity on eva kerbals.  Welp time to fly halfway across the planet for a THIRD time.

Rest in Peace alternate timeline Valentina Kerman.  At least with the spacesuit you'll probably last longer than that girl in the XKCD What If?.  ...Probably.

KSP
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14425 on: April 30, 2015, 01:54:27 am »

Not a death, but a string of "good" luck leaves me rather frustrated. :-\

So there's a rune that gives you +2 mana after each kill. My current weapon wasn't doing enough damage and I had one of these runes, so I buy a bow with one socket and put the rune in.

Immediately after descending back into the dungeon, I find a bow of the same class, but with three sockets. I'm a bit miffed that I wasted the rune, but decide that I can live. I fill the new bow with gems and give the old one to my mercenary. But immediately after that, I find another bloody rune that gives +2 mana after each kill, putting me right back at square one!

Diablo 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14426 on: April 30, 2015, 07:46:07 am »

I thought Scyther would be the weakest link against the Elite Four. He proceeds to solo Will, then deal crippling first strikes against the othe three(turns out Dark is weak to Bug. I didn't know that).

Damn, that was easy.

And then I got walled by Lance's Aerodactyl. Ouch. Why does Rock Slide hit you when Flying?

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14427 on: April 30, 2015, 10:01:04 am »

I thought Scyther would be the weakest link against the Elite Four. He proceeds to solo Will, then deal crippling first strikes against the othe three(turns out Dark is weak to Bug. I didn't know that).

Damn, that was easy.

And then I got walled by Lance's Aerodactyl. Ouch. Why does Rock Slide hit you when Flying?

OUR ROCKS WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14428 on: April 30, 2015, 10:16:20 am »

If you got hit by one of those moves that force 100% accuracy and allow type immunities to be ignored, I think those allow hitting through fly, bounce, dig, sky drop and dive with standard moves.  Otherwise I can't imagine how rock slide could have hit, I think back then fly had more immunities than it does now, not less.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:21:47 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14429 on: April 30, 2015, 01:02:59 pm »

If you got hit by one of those moves that force 100% accuracy and allow type immunities to be ignored, I think those allow hitting through fly, bounce, dig, sky drop and dive with standard moves.  Otherwise I can't imagine how rock slide could have hit, I think back then fly had more immunities than it does now, not less.

I haven't seen any of those guaranteed-to-hit moves hit Fly since Gen I, except Thunder(during rain it hits 100%). I know Smack Down hits Fly, Earthquake and Magnitude hit Dig(and for double damage - need confirm on Magnitude), and I don't know if anything hits Dive.

Bulbapedia makes no mention of it bypassing Fly. As it turns out, it may have just been Bruno's Machamp(No Guard) hitting Ho-Oh with it, since now I don't recall Ho-Oh being fast enough to to get in the air before Aerodactyl used it. *facepalm*
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 1571