Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 278

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 815814 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #3180 on: November 05, 2018, 05:14:48 pm »

Am curious about the cantina. Would be keen for a mod which let me entertain caravans (and sell them drugs)

Oh, nothing that cool. I just planned to use the Hospitality mod (lets you designate areas where visitors can live and stuff) with a bunch of booze and billiard tables.

I do think they are supposed to buy things you leave in the visitor's area though. Gonna try to sell them all this Yayo I have lying around.
Love, scriver~

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: November 05, 2018, 05:36:09 pm »

Visitors (in Hospitality mod) will help your dudes by working as well if their mood is high enough. So I usually mark the whole storage and production areas as visitor zone in addition to the visitor barracks.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: November 05, 2018, 06:40:27 pm »

I have so far discovered that wargs don't get addicted to Go Juice, so that's where all of my Yayo has been going.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: November 05, 2018, 07:24:16 pm »

I was about to finally get my copy of the game yesterday, had to save money for a while... BUT then I saw that Blizzard announced Warcraft III Reforged! Sorry Rimworld, I loved you, but this is Warcraft...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: November 05, 2018, 08:27:08 pm »

Oh, nothing that cool. I just planned to use the Hospitality mod (lets you designate areas where visitors can live and stuff) with a bunch of booze and billiard tables.

I do think they are supposed to buy things you leave in the visitor's area though. Gonna try to sell them all this Yayo I have lying around.

Actually it's pretty much that cool. Groups show up, sometimes with items to trade, and you can designate areas that visitors can hang out, sleep, purchase items. You can schmooze them to keep them happy and even recruit your visitors. Setting up a cantina is easy, fun, and profitable.

I have so far discovered that wargs don't get addicted to Go Juice, so that's where all of my Yayo has been going.

This may be a new development because I'm pretty sure I've gotten a warg addicted to yayo for reasons I am not obligated to explain to you or anyone else until I'm tried in the hague.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: November 06, 2018, 01:36:34 am »

I have become an Imperial army hangout :(
Love, scriver~

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: November 06, 2018, 09:06:39 am »

Just a question guys, what was the biggest population you guys ever managed to get?
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #3187 on: November 06, 2018, 04:02:32 pm »

Momentarily? 30+ RIP awakened colonists ambushed by 50+ tribals. (I had modded in a giant chamber hoping to get a civil war, only one ended up being hostile.)
For more than a year, including caravans/expeditions? Probably more like 18-20.
In-Base only? Tends to max out at 12 before I start pruning dead weight to keep the raiders in check.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: November 06, 2018, 05:12:31 pm »

I've maxed out at 10, but I play with double pop storytellers so ymmv.  I also typically don't set up secondary settlements, only really branching out sending semi permanent hunting party caravans with the set up camp mod that come back to offload leather every few days, and then accompany a trader to sell all that leather to one of the nearby factions.

I really should try to make a little player 'country' at some point with multiple settlements.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: November 06, 2018, 09:34:36 pm »

I'm going on an epic journey across a 100% size world to reach the spaceship.  Caravan settled down temporarily at the halfway point to resupply, there was some drama and tension before we could build things up, some mental breaks, lotta using mild drugs to blow off steam.  Anyway, one of my most stable married couples (of two of the most important people in the colony) just broke up.

One of them, Will, went on a slaughtering spree.  This was unfortunate because I needed my elephants alive and also because he was currently equipped with marine armor and a plasteel sword.  I sent my best melee fighter to go arrest him hoping he'd come quietly.  Unfortunately he did not, and she ended up cutting off his leg and his ear (she's basically a sith lord).  Thankfully, he only managed to kill one animal: our last dog, a 15 year old Labrador retriever named Extreme.  The wounds from dismemberment put him out of commission for 3 days.

The moment he got out of his treatment spot, his wife Amanu immediately divorced him.

"The last straw was: killed bonded animal."

I have no words.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: November 07, 2018, 06:37:06 am »

I really should try to make a little player 'country' at some point with multiple settlements.
I've kinda tried that, but at three or so active settlements my laptop really starts to chug. :-\
As far as I can remember, anyway. Maybe I just got tired of the amount of micromanagement necessary to keep all those settlements running smoothly. Also it bugs me a lot that pawns' bedrooms etcetera don't save when they leave a site. Ugh. Also you can't view their social relationships properly if they're separated from their friends. Plus I was kinda tempted to find a mod that made friendships more long-lasting. Seems like people forget each other distressingly fast.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: November 07, 2018, 12:26:54 pm »

So, transhumanists consider peg legs and similar things bionics. If you want to make a transhumanist happy while having no high tech, just saw his legs off and put wooden things in as a replacement. Quite amusing that they think they are leaving behind weak flesh for strong metal while rolling around in medieval prosthetics.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: November 07, 2018, 02:28:34 pm »

Odd, since peg legs aren't supposed to offend body purists. Personally, I would think that the mood buff from a peg leg would not be enough to counteract the speed loss from hacking off their leg and jamming a log into the stump. Or that there would be a mood buff.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: November 07, 2018, 02:52:10 pm »

Yeah I didn't hack the leg on purpose, I just had a transhumanist lose their leg to megascrab and had no bionic legs available.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: November 07, 2018, 03:15:41 pm »

I'm more concerned for characters like one of my current colonists, body purists with a vital prosthetic that isn't likely to be replaced. I.e. a prosthetic heart. I'm not doing any heart transplant surgery when one of my most skilled medics started out with the nickname "Disaster".
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 278