Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 158131 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!
« Reply #1995 on: December 17, 2013, 11:41:02 am »

On the other hand, you now won't be able to reform yourself like you did when Naga smashed you.

And your form isn't superdense, only a few times the density of concrete. You probably don't weigh much more than half a ton. or so. (Which is good. Multi-ton forms are hell on floors.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: December 17, 2013, 01:52:59 pm »

As the various civillians in attendance either cowered in fear or fled in a panic, Abel dropped to one knee, opening up the backpack he'd brought with him.

Let's see… no forms of identification, check. A hood and scarf to hide my face? Check. Near the back of the room, close to the exit if things go wrong? Check. Roughly a hundred 9-inch nails to serve as handy projectiles? Bundled and ready for use.  I just need to get a good viewpoint… these crowds are a pain.

Being out of the power-nullification range, Abel untied a bundle of roughly 25 nails, waiting for the various bystanders to finish running away.

Alright, I'm pretty sure one of the Herbicide villains is a power nullifier, though for the life of me I can't remember which. I don't think I can really take out those giant mechanical suits with just nails, so that'll have to be the priority. If I can act quickly, I can take down the entire group with one volley.

Standing up on the chair for a better view, Abel held the bundle of nails over his head, pointy ends directed at Herbicide.

From this angle I shouldn't hit any civilians, and the heroes aren't in the line of fire… I don't think this will kill anyone, but I doubt any of them will walk again. Although come to think of it, if a couple of the villains do die, I doubt I'll lose any sleep over it. Hopefully none of the heroes make any sudden movements.

Without any further delay, Abel used his power on the nails he held, propelling them at roughly a hundred miles per hour towards the Herbicide villains, aiming for their knees and legs, in order to disable, rather than kill.

((Yeah, Abel didn't actually see Steven in time, but I don't think the nails are going to seriously hurt someone tougher than concrete.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: December 17, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »

-snip-
Oh, good, there are other players still watching.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: December 17, 2013, 04:13:06 pm »

((Well, I did mention that Abel was pretty much just waiting for the induction ceremony to be introduced to the story.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: December 17, 2013, 08:00:46 pm »

On the other hand, you now won't be able to reform yourself like you did when Naga smashed you.

And your form isn't superdense, only a few times the density of concrete. You probably don't weigh much more than half a ton. or so. (Which is good. Multi-ton forms are hell on floors.))
I know i wont be able to reform, but my body should be hard and dense enough to ignore physical attack, also noone in the field with me has powers to harm me with and the use of firearms would be ill advised so im pretty safe.

i did post an action to make a super dense form though :(
Also half a ton is like 2 statues :P can we up it to one ton and four statues?
(Adult males in good shape weigh around 100-120 kilograms, double that for stone.)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: December 17, 2013, 11:03:04 pm »

((Well, I did mention that Abel was pretty much just waiting for the induction ceremony to be introduced to the story.))
((Oh, right.
...Did you want to actually be initiated, and if so what was your character's codename? And age?))

I know i wont be able to reform, but my body should be hard and dense enough to ignore physical attack, also noone in the field with me has powers to harm me with and the use of firearms would be ill advised so im pretty safe.

i did post an action to make a super dense form though :(
Also half a ton is like 2 statues :P can we up it to one ton and four statues?
(Adult males in good shape weigh around 100-120 kilograms, double that for stone.)
The human body is around 70 liters, usually a bit less. This is 0.07 cubic meters. Concrete has a mass around 2400 kilograms per cubic meter. 0.07*3*2400=504 kilograms.
Making really dense stuff isn't easy; your power doesn't "like" screwing with matter on that fundamental basis, and so tries to minimize the amount of density-changing it does. You can get around it with practice, but there's a bit of diminishing returns once you hit a certain point. If you want heavier, you should see if you can get a good supply of lead or something.
And...why would firearms be a bad idea?
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: December 18, 2013, 02:21:07 am »

Bullet + rock = ricochet

Ricochet + crowd = bad
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: December 18, 2013, 10:17:11 am »

((Not buying the ricochet. If you shoot a brick wall, you're not in danger of mortally wounding yourself. Too much energy is lost in the collision for it to really "bounce" and kill someone else.

Anyway, Abel didn't want to join the initiation ceremony, partly because he kind of suspected something like this would happen. Since he was considering crashing the ceremony himself, he figured that someone would. Though he wasn't expecting EVERYONE to crash it.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: December 18, 2013, 10:38:29 am »

((Not buying the ricochet. If you shoot a brick wall, you're not in danger of mortally wounding yourself. Too much energy is lost in the collision for it to really "bounce" and kill someone else.
Not to mention that most of the combatants don't care about civilian casualties.

Anyway, Abel didn't want to join the initiation ceremony, partly because he kind of suspected something like this would happen. Since he was considering crashing the ceremony himself, he figured that someone would. Though he wasn't expecting EVERYONE to crash it.))
Not everyone is. Just the guys worried about image.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: December 18, 2013, 10:42:51 am »

Brick walls = flat = penetration
Statue = curved = deflection

Not to mention that most of the combatants don't care about civilian casualties.
The heroes do, they wont risk it and will focus their attention on those who do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: December 18, 2013, 10:51:31 am »

And how many of the heroes have guns? Like, bullet-guns?
Sig

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: December 18, 2013, 01:17:39 pm »

((These are nails, not bullets. If it hits it anywhere close to head-on, the force of the impact will bend the nail into uselessness. I'm more concerned about hitting a civilian (or a different hero) due to bad aim than due to ricochets. And if the GM does rule that it happens, Abel will face the consequences.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: December 18, 2013, 02:24:12 pm »

((These are nails, not bullets. If it hits it anywhere close to head-on, the force of the impact will bend the nail into uselessness. I'm more concerned about hitting a civilian (or a different hero) due to bad aim than due to ricochets. And if the GM does rule that it happens, Abel will face the consequences.))
What are you on about? Im talking about why the heroes and their non cape guards cant use firearms, this has nothing to do with nails which you cant use against me anyway due to nullification field, bodyblocking by random bystanders or the sheer distance you need to stand at in order to use your power against me.
Also nails are even more prone to deflection than bullets.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: December 18, 2013, 05:43:34 pm »

((Hey Gold, what would you consider a win condition for the Protectorate here?))
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: December 18, 2013, 07:31:52 pm »

((Hey Gold, what would you consider a win condition for the Protectorate here?))
Well, forum game this may be, there aren't really "winners" and "losers" so much as survivors and casualties. However, we can look at the PRT's goals to find an answer to your question.

Obviously, no deaths and a minimum of injuries and property damage is a first step. Moreover, capturing at least some of these villains--especially the leader-type ones like Skull--is also a goal. Above all, though, is this: The PRT wins if it looks like they won.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 137