Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 793341 times)

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2580 on: March 20, 2014, 10:27:57 am »

Terry.  Aaiello is my Steam Name.  BRING IT.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: March 20, 2014, 03:56:57 pm »

I don't have Steam. I am IMMUNE.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: March 20, 2014, 05:47:53 pm »

We are literally going to screw ourselves by provoking Terry.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: March 20, 2014, 06:54:41 pm »

...that sounds like the Dwarven thing to do.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: March 20, 2014, 10:54:26 pm »

He can only get you guys through DF itself. He only managed to get me because he:
-Fought me in a Skullgirls quick match (and narrowly won)
-Also fought me over the PSS in Pokemon Y, guessing my username correctly
-Sent me a Steam chat request and a link to a very bad thing.

You guys are safe. I'll explain it better when I'm not on with my phone.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: March 20, 2014, 11:56:54 pm »

wow, glad i didnt do this...but then again....

terry...when i get home...im going to bring on my dwarf face...maybe...if i have the time.

meh, still saying captain should go his turn, hes now curropted enough to be part of the deathgate series, and ill take over next week if possible (hope its either thursday or friday...those two days i should have enough time to get the year done, and some logs up and running...also plenty of wardogs and nasty little critters brewing in the depths of murdermachines in cramped, unholy, and chaotic conditions...this should help breed a mighty force of meathsheilds to which protect our dwarves when the millitary is busy bashing each others skulls in with rocks...

finally, Captain, welcome to the void...welcome to the body-wraiths...welcome home brother!!! with you dark whispers and ungodly mind turned to...diplomancy...*even if somtimes undwarfy, which turns into ultra dwarfy if you can get the elves to kill themselves* also...show me your power brother...and i shall show you mine.
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: March 21, 2014, 03:40:06 am »

That link intrigues me.  I consider myself immune to internet-based psychological terrors.  I want Terry to show me if that is true or not...
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: March 21, 2014, 07:58:05 am »

That link intrigues me.  I consider myself immune to internet-based psychological terrors.  I want Terry to show me if that is true or not...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: March 21, 2014, 08:19:47 am »

I know what to do. First you need to take a bath for two hours on the hottest setting that doesn't make your skin start blistering and coming off in sheets. ( Unless you're really worried. ) While doing that you need to listen to a carefully selected series of noises through the highest quality noise cancelling headphones. At the same time you need to listen to certain 8-bit tunes. ( I'd suggest "Magicant" from MOTHER, but that's just me. Do what you're comfortable with. ) While doing that, stair crosseyed at the showerhead until you get a headache. Burn lavender incense and as best you can think of the earliest point in your life that you would consider yourself "uncorrupted." Boil it down into a formula and overlay it over the offending thoughts. Then REPRESS IT. If you claim you don't know how to repress memories, you are either lying or just do it so quickly on instinct that you have no need of this method anyway. Then once your happy childhood memories are good and repressed along with the offending content, think only in terms of the future as much as possible. There, you have successfully purged your mind for the moment. Warning: This has all kinds of ways of backfiring. The idea is that when you try to think on the horrors you witnessed you'll instead be redirected to a distracting childhood moment to hide in. This can and probably will work in reverse depending on how you do it. That said, most people don't reminisce on their childhood too much, so you'll all probably be ok. Just try to remember, you're not trying to merge the feelings, you're trying to cover them with better ones. If you merge them, you'll become that which you felt "ruined" something in the first place.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: March 21, 2014, 08:21:24 am »

I know what to do. First you need to take a bath for two hours on the hottest setting that doesn't make your skin start blistering and coming off in sheets. ( Unless you're really worried. ) While doing that you need to listen to a carefully selected series of noises through the highest quality noise cancelling headphones. At the same time you need to listen to certain 8-bit tunes. ( I'd suggest "Magicant" from MOTHER, but that's just me. Do what you're comfortable with. ) While doing that, stair crosseyed at the showerhead until you get a headache. Burn lavender incense and as best you can think of the earliest point in your life that you would consider yourself "uncorrupted." Boil it down into a formula and overlay it over the offending thoughts. Then REPRESS IT. If you claim you don't know how to repress memories, you are either lying or just do it so quickly on instinct that you have no need of this method anyway. Then once your happy childhood memories are good and repressed along with the offending content, think only in terms of the future as much as possible. There, you have successfully purged your mind for the moment. Warning: This has all kinds of ways of backfiring. The idea is that when you try to think on the horrors you witnessed you'll instead be redirected to a distracting childhood moment to hide in. This can and probably will work in reverse depending on how you do it. That said, most people don't reminisce on their childhood too much, so you'll all probably be ok. Just try to remember, you're not trying to merge the feelings, you're trying to cover them with better ones. If you merge them, you'll become that which you felt "ruined" something in the first place.

...Did the maddest human on this thread just offer me psychiatric advice?

Not complaining; I'm quite thankful; but still...

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: March 21, 2014, 08:23:57 am »

...Did the maddest human on this thread just offer me psychiatric advice?

Not complaining; I'm quite thankful; but still...

Yes. And, you're welcome.

(( By the by: Psychologists lie. Repression is the best, and occasionally only, way to deal with something in any way that can be considered "succesful". The alternatives are as follows: drugs, mass-murder, sexual deviancy, joining debate teams, becoming a politician, and/or occasional manic episodes involving running around in a circle. ( And once you go down the path of politics, all will happen. ) Talking things out DOESN'T work, because then you just remember the thing that scarred you in the first place. It's like taking a nicely formed scar from a car-wreck and cutting it open because you don't like the shape of the scar.))

EDIT: Debate teams are the gateway action. From there, it's politics. From there, everything else.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: March 21, 2014, 08:25:40 am »

Oh, I'm not 'scarred'; I just really... almost worry for Terry. Although the link was disgusting.
But still, I'm mentally fine (relatively).

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: March 21, 2014, 08:26:13 am »

Mm. Ok. If you're fine then, let's work on Terry.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: March 21, 2014, 08:26:55 am »

YOU work on him; he likes you.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: March 21, 2014, 08:28:24 am »

Haha, right-o. Everyone else feels the same way, yes?
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 272