Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ··· Bone Stacks ··· v1.1 - multiple stacks of bones from butchering  (Read 5310 times)

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

··· Butchered Bone Stacks ···

Every been frustrated by whole stacks of bone being consumed whenever you try to make anything besides bolts and crafts?  Wish you could more efficiently decorate your military's weapons and armor with the bones of your enemies?  Want to mod in custom reactions to use bones for new and nifty things, but you are stymied by whole stacks of bones getting munched to make a single custom item?  Have I got a partial solution for you!

Butchered Bone Stacks is an in-depth rebuild of the vertebrate creature templates to cause them to drop multiple stacks of bones, from 1 to 19 stacks maximum, consisting of single to multiple bones per stack.

Example: Mule

Vanilla: 1 Stack of 14 Bones

Bone Stacks: 10 Stacks of between 1 and 3 bones each, totaling 20 bones

================================================================

Download DFFD ---> ··· Butchered Bone Stacks ···  <---

This is a very simple mod, It simply creates separate but idential materials for each major bone group in the body (upper arms, lower legs, true ribs, ect) and assigns bone materials specific to each appropriate body part.  This results in the game dropping separate stacks for each bodypart category, as they are technically different materials.

Quadrupeds now will also have upper and lower legs.  No more walking on jointless stumps.  Causes them to drop a few more bones too  ;D

Potential conflict might exist for procedurally generated creatures, it is possible this mod will cause Titans, Demons, and FB's to be forced to have normal bones.  Cons: could make these challeneges easier to defeat if they have weaker, standard bones.  Pros: It might be possible that ash, fire, and similar FB's won't disintegrate unless you break their bones.  Also, FB bone carvings!

Changelog
Code: [Select]
v.1.0

changes to b_detail_plan_default.txt

- Added 18 new bone materials to to BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS
BONE_ARM
BONE_ARM_LOWER
BONE_HAND
BONE_LEG
BONE_LEG_LOWER
BONE_LEG_REAR
BONE_LEG_REAR_LOWER
BONE_FOOT
BONE_WING
BONE_TAIL
BONE_RIB_TRUE_UPPER
BONE_RIB_TRUE_MID
BONE_RIB_TRUE_LOWER
BONE_RIB_FALSE
BONE_RIB_FLOATING
BONE_SPINE
BONE_FINGER
BONE_TOE

- Added 18 new tissues to BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES
BONE_ARM
BONE_ARM_LOWER
BONE_HAND
BONE_LEG
BONE_LEG_LOWER
BONE_LEG_REAR
BONE_LEG_REAR_LOWER
BONE_FOOT
BONE_WING
BONE_TAIL
BONE_RIB_TRUE_UPPER
BONE_RIB_TRUE_MID
BONE_RIB_TRUE_LOWER
BONE_RIB_FALSE
BONE_RIB_FLOATING
BONE_SPINE
BONE_FINGER
BONE_TOE

- Added new tissue templates to associate tissues to bone mats, located in file tissue_template_BS.txt

- Modified BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS to apply new bone tissues for associated body parts
Also added new BP_LAYERS for:
LEG_REAR_LOWER
RIB_TRUE_UPPER
RIB_TRUE_MID
RIB_TRUE_LOWER
RIB_FALSE_NEW
RIB_FLOATING_NEW

- Modified BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS to included LEG_REAR_LOWER

- Modified BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_SPINE_TISSUE_LAYERS to include LEG_REAR_LOWER

- Modified BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS to properly relate new ribs to internal organs

- Modified BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RELSIZES to include:
LEG_REAR_LOWER
RIB_TRUE_UPPER
RIB_TRUE_MID
RIB_TRUE_LOWER
RIB_FALSE_NEW
RIB_FLOATING_NEW

changes to body_default.txt

- Modified BODY:QUADRUPED ; BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK ; BODY:QUADRUPED_HOOF  to included upper and lower legs.

- Modified BODY:RIBCAGE to split the true ribs into three smaller subgroups.  Splits the ribs into smaller stacks.
RIB_TRUE_UPPER
RIB_TRUE_MID
RIB_TRUE_LOWER

- Modified BODY_RIBCAGE to use new body part categories for false ribs and floating ribs, RIB_FALSE_NEW and RIB_FLOATING_NEW respectively
This is to prevent some errors with tissue layering in procedural creatures.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  This mod alters the files:

b_detail_plan_default.txt
body_default.txt

If you are currently using a mod that has altered, or have personally altered, these files, this mod will overwrite those changes.  All changes to these files is annotated in the modified raws with a  "  //Bone Stacks  " marker, for easier debugging or manual merging into your own raws, if you so choose.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 11:35:23 am by Wannabehero »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ··· Bone Stacks ··· v1.1 - multiple stacks of bones from butchering
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 03:16:05 am »

This is an amazing idea. I don't know why did nobody think of it before, especially after "more leather" mod.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 07:09:19 am »

The link to the download page appears to lead to the edit page of it, rather than the actual download page.

Aside from that, excellent idea.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 08:12:14 am »

Correct link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8169

I will certainly try this out in MDF. Currently I use another workaround, which is far inferior to this one.

It even looks if the different stacks would be stockpiled together, so a truerib-bone amulat and a leg-bone amulet would both just be called bone amulet and go into the bone craft stockpile. Nice. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 11:38:41 am »

Thanks for the assist Deathsword and Meph, fixed the OP.

Other than that, hopefully there are no major bugs.  Still looking to see how these changes affect FB's and Demons.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 04:40:30 pm »

Thats easy to test now with warmists spawnunit. 'spawnunit FORGOTTEN_BEAST_1 0 name' and 'spawnunit DEMON_1 0 name' will spawn the procedually generated creatures as friendlies. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 04:42:32 pm »

Thats easy to test now with warmists spawnunit. 'spawnunit FORGOTTEN_BEAST_1 0 name' and 'spawnunit DEMON_1 0 name' will spawn the procedually generated creatures as friendlies. :)

Oh snap!  Thanks for hipping me to that Meph.  I would test it out right now, 'cept the little lady is coming over, so no video games until tomorrow  :D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 03:03:11 am »

With this, I keep getting "tail bone" in addition to normal bones from dogs. I will check and try to see what is causing it later.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 11:40:52 am »

With this, I keep getting "tail bone" in addition to normal bones from dogs. I will check and try to see what is causing it later.

This is an artifact caused by how DF handles butchered items.  When multiple items exist in a stack that made of the same material, they are listed only by the material name (hence stacks of meat or bone).  When it is a single item, it bares the bodypart and material name.  If this is annoying, it can be resolved by having the tailbone use the same tissue as another bone bodypart, like the spine most likely.  That will fold the tail bone into the spine bone stack, and the stack will just be called "bone".

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 01:07:40 pm »

Oh, I thought it was more a point of "Tails shouldnt have bones, its supposed to be cartilage."

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 01:20:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure most animals with tails have a significant amount of bone in the tail structure, mostly a continuation of the spine.  However, they are very small bones.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 01:24:26 pm »

I wont mind, a bone more is a bone more. Did you do something with the FBs or demons? (in other words: Any reason I shouldnt start adding this into my mod, and throw my old workaround away?)

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 07:47:19 pm »

I didn't touch any of the RCP files, so no notable changes to FB's or demons there.  However, as the RCP files do call out the same body part categories as some of those changed in the BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS, I can see there being the possibility of forced normal bone in FB's/demons.

I don't have much experience with FB's and demons.  Do they have typical tissue layering, or special materials?  Do FB's and demons have normal bones?  I know you get exotic materials like slime or stone, but are all the tissues made of those materials, or do they have differing materials for the different tissue layers?

And is it even really a problem?  It's the only forceable conflict I can envision from these changes.  If it does end up needing resolution, then all that is required is further modding of the body_default.txt file and the creation of some new body part categories, so that the standard categories called out in the RCP files remain vanilla.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 03:33:05 am »

I dont think its a problem.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 10:43:39 pm »

me neither  :P
Pages: [1] 2