Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2124037 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #2160 on: July 30, 2010, 05:05:17 pm »

This fort was going really well in it's second year. No deaths, good trades etc.

I embarked without an anvil.

(I just realized my father civilization is dead.)

Maaaaaaan.

Well there are still h00manz.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ethereal.Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: July 30, 2010, 05:08:16 pm »

None of them connected to my embark.
Can't you also damn rivers by causing a wall to drop into the water via cave-in?
I figured you could always damn a river by channeling out it out all the way into Hell.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: July 30, 2010, 05:08:42 pm »

None of them connected to my embark.

Maaaaaaaaaaan.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Twobeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of the Beard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: July 30, 2010, 05:09:51 pm »

Thats hilarious. Wow. Sometimes it pays to take an anvil. Especially now that they are so much cheaper. I usually take one with me regardless.
A leg of ham, a jug of beer and thou besides me, whistling in the darkness.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: July 30, 2010, 09:30:50 pm »

My isolationist dwarves have the same problem, we've lost the ability to work metal.

everything is wood and stone, though metal can be used for decoration and in artifacts. or used in constructions.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: July 31, 2010, 04:52:53 am »

Most of my military were slaughtered in the Growling Assault of 1054, leaving armour and weapons scattered aboveground, including my artifact adamantine high boot.  No problem think I, the remaining military will equip it.  That doesn't happen for a season so I manually give it to my newly promoted militia commander.  He then proceeds to drop all his military gear and reequip everything else first as it's closer.

Then the rhesus macaques show up.

The previous boot's owners war dog seems to be leashed to where his owner died but doesn't manage to fend off the monkeys, and my remaining military seem to think it's a better idea to keep picking up new equipment than go where I tell them. :(

Ethereal.Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: July 31, 2010, 03:38:15 pm »

When I was tapping a river to flood my underground farms, I forget to close the floodgate back up. My farm ended up with solid 4/7s.

I carve out 2 10x10 rooms nearby, route the water in through the access corridor, blocking that off too.

It's at 2/7 accross all of it now.

I decided to unblock the access corridor, I'd rather have farming and a slightly wet bottom floor than not.

Now, on one side, I get a waterfall for a while. On the other, I think I might end up dropping a bit more water down there than I'd like.
Can't you also damn rivers by causing a wall to drop into the water via cave-in?
I figured you could always damn a river by channeling out it out all the way into Hell.

Tommy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: July 31, 2010, 04:10:28 pm »

Giving up on supplying a moody weaponsmith with his required metal bars because I forgot they came from a smelter, not a forge.

Realising my mistake the moment he went mad.
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER
Dwarf Fortress in a nutshell. It includes dead things, parties, and getting really excited over updates.

bigboss199

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: July 31, 2010, 04:32:22 pm »

Wasting metal training a Dwarf to High Master Armorer only to have him get a possession...

and then not being able to satisfy the possession because I used up all my adamantine

vlademir1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: July 31, 2010, 08:11:34 pm »

Fortress running in 0.31.10 on processor 2:  My dwarves are ramp clearing my new wildlife-proof "aboveground" farms when a section of the cavern collapses where a tree grew while they were digging because I forgot to dirt road the area first... 3 dwarves dead including both my legendary miners.

Meanwhile...

Fortress running in 0.31.12 on processor 3:  My chief medical dwarf has died due to infection?  I check his thoughts and... he was injured while fighting?  I check combat reports and... he wrestled a mountain goat for a few seconds a season ago, then kept on with the other duties he was doing so I could set up my hospital.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: July 31, 2010, 08:37:10 pm »

A doctor dying to an infection is really a facepalm.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: August 01, 2010, 12:24:25 am »

I had about 4 or 5 dwarves lying in beds after a horrible Forgotten Beast attack.  The the only doctor had a tantrum spiral and murdered 2 or 3 of them.  >:(

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: August 01, 2010, 12:28:35 am »

The the only doctor had a tantrum spiral and murdered 2 or 3 of them.  >:(
Lol at irony.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: August 01, 2010, 12:43:28 am »

I should mention, he was at their bedside when he tantrumed, that is why they died.  :)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: August 01, 2010, 12:47:23 am »

What a reliable doctor!My biggest facepalm moment was the first time I tried to make a magma forge,I mined into the side of a volcano and the flames engulfed all of my bearded alcholoics.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:07:41 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 729