Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1567 1568 [1569] 1570 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2297951 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23520 on: January 21, 2024, 07:18:10 pm »

The fucking military update broke things even more than it was already broken in a lot of ways, it seems.

I can't wage wars half the time, because despite a clear path through my country the army claims it can't pathfind to the front, so it won't bother trying to move to fight. The old system just produced stupid fronts, this one makes warfare straight up impossible half the time. It wouldn't be too hard to fix either, make each province pathable, excluding the provinces explicitly unpathable.

What's more bizarre is that the game lets your troops use *enemy territory* as part of the pathing half the time. The number of times I've had my armies just wander through a revolt's territory to reach the front has been ridiculous.

Also there's a bug with the reverse sways which is intensely stupid. You declare war for to subjugate someone. A second war happens on them, revolt, invasion, whatever, they pledge themselves to another power and suddenly your subjugate wargoal vanishes because you're fighting to subjugate a subject, which the game doesn't allow. You can only transfer subjects.

Take a wild fucking guess how I figured that one out?

Victoria 3
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23521 on: January 21, 2024, 08:22:12 pm »

My second base got raided by a swarm of wild Pals. A group of Dark-type lizards with hoodies, led by a bipedal fire goat. My base workers, though somewhat underleveled for the battle, killed the lizards easily. The fire goat however, got into my main house, where its fire attacks set a rapidly-spreading fire. The house was made of wood, had all my Pal beds(and mine), plus it's where all their food goes. Most of my resources were stored there.

I was badly wounded and set on fire myself during the blaze. However, I did manage to capture the leader, but as I slowly burned to death, I also watched as my entire house burned down. Only a single piece of floor with a Pal bed survived the fire. Everything else when fwoosh.

In addition to the lucky catch on the leader, I also gained a level that allowed me to unlock stone house structures.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23522 on: January 21, 2024, 08:41:52 pm »

3 men in armour with axes hacked me to death.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23523 on: January 22, 2024, 08:52:13 pm »

Being forced to savescum.

Baldur's Gate 3

EDIT: Oh great, she cheats in the fight too. She can leave the circle, you can't.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 08:55:07 pm by Great Order »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23524 on: January 22, 2024, 10:10:38 pm »

Accidentally processed myself because I panicked a bit instead of reeling myself out with the grappler.

I used a tether to pull a big bit of ship into the processor, and was wondering why it was pulling another massive bit of ship that needed to go in the furnace. Turns out there was a teeny bit of L-shaped pipe still attached that had hooked over part of the other hull, and the cut part was level two and also in an awkward corner, thus sufficiently hardy and difficult to see that it was difficult to keep the cutter trained on it long enough to burn.

I was worth $8.14.

Probably a better death than using the split saw mode of the cutter on a pipe to the (already disconnected and processed) Class II reactor that exploded in my face.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23525 on: January 23, 2024, 07:08:51 am »

Took a run up to clear a small gap just in case. In the moment of the jump I nudged the stick a bit to the right causing my brave tarnished to leap away from both buildings and into death by falling :V

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23526 on: January 31, 2024, 05:44:18 am »

Autopilot slammed me into the side of a station, repeatedly. Even after getting some distance away from the station. Somehow.

Probably shouldn't have immediately turned up time acceleration right after undocking.

EDIT: Gunned down by police for some reason when trying to land at London. All I was carrying was metal alloys, and as far as I know hadn't done anything to provoke them.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 06:12:03 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23527 on: January 31, 2024, 08:44:33 pm »

Some of those alloys were looking a bit sharp, mate.  You got a license for those?
(course, they're probably even sharper as falling shrapnel... oops)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23528 on: February 03, 2024, 09:17:43 am »

Started a new world to check out the awesome-looking update, which includes among other things, aggressive animals.

Cue bear camping the world spawn.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23529 on: February 09, 2024, 05:43:31 pm »

I was burning at 20. Somehow a pirate fleet caught up, despite not being within the slightest vicinity of the nearest warpstorm. Nor were there hyperspace tunnels, since I was in the core world.

There were four or five other pirate fleets within range.

So yeah, that was a hard quit since I was on ironman mode. I'll take the L if I fuck up, I won't take the L if AI fleets *somehow* burn over the maximum limit for apparently no reason other than screwing with me.

Starsector.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23530 on: February 09, 2024, 11:22:18 pm »

Squished by a support while riding an elevator in Deus Ex.  I knew looking over the edge was dangerous because this could happen, but tried it anyway.  Results were predictable.

At least the game got funny right afterward.  This was in Area 51 where Page sent the MiB and M12 troops up the elevator to kill you after taunting you about killing your dad.  I just turned on cloaking, walked onto the elevator, and hit the button to head down.  They rode it back down with me.

"Barely a scratch!  You're faster on your feet than daddy was!"

Bro, I just walked past your dudes and hit the button to go back down, and they aren't even curious what's going on.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #23531 on: February 11, 2024, 10:21:01 pm »

First-in-three-years Touhou Gensokyo Warfare MP on it's discord server.

EDIT: In a display of power, Remilia blew up her entire army with Gungnir. Then beat 100 of my soldiers on her own.

SP of the same. Usually Remilia is not that destructive, but it visibly takes her more time to pathfind to next victim than to zoom in on it with athletics 15 and one hit kill it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 01:08:51 am by MCreeper »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23532 on: February 13, 2024, 01:14:31 pm »

Trampled, blown up and wrecked by the Sultan of Snot, the Baron of Boogers, the Potentate of Pre-Nasal Drip, the Nose God....Raging Brachydios.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 04:43:28 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23533 on: February 14, 2024, 03:26:16 pm »

Every time I was engaging the enemy, the AI assumed I could handle it. Every fucking time my fleet would abandon me.

Champion cruiser, wrecked by a destroyer, three frigates and a cruiser because I started to engage and every other ship in my fleet left me alone to chase off a frigate on the other side of the map. Transferred to a Hammerhead, engaged the enemy it was with, exact same thing. I had to start issuing commands to actually stay with me to get them to do so.

Starsector

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23534 on: February 14, 2024, 05:01:53 pm »

Death came for my gen 0 count who claimed dueled and factioned his way into the duchy.  All hail pisskop, duke of italy from may 7xx to august of the same year.

Then my former wife and now mother went into labor and my new regent was a competent and disgruntled count.  3 failed attempts on me, and I spent 5 years diplomatically shutting down his plots, only for his plot to fire at 86% and 2 backers when I looked away for a couple of weeks.

I deleted the savefile, I dont feel like complaining about it and I dont feel like redoing the couple of hours of work.  'Death coming' is crap but at least its in the spirit of random, my getting axed by the count on the eve of my 16th was just plain old crap
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 1567 1568 [1569] 1570 1571