Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is this thread dying? THE CORRECT ANSWER: No.

Yes.
No.
Maybe, but I hope not.
Maybe, and I hope it dies.
IT'S ALIVE! HORRAY!
It's dead, but I wish it had continued to thrive.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 78

Author Topic: A "You son of an elf!" production: Ashes to Ashes (Succession fortress)  (Read 93757 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I'll explain in a PM.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Expect an update from hugo sometime today!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:32:15 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Events of Timber 22nd, Year 23 Late Autumn

Five dwarves stand assembled within the Water Reactor Facility, designed by the late Hugo and implemented by Professor Lloyd. Professor Lloyd had requested Scrubs to gather the loyal workers, when she left Professor Lloyd made some adjustments to the controls. He had finished up with the tweaks when Scrubs returned with Blair their trusted miner, with her carpentry skills she helped setup all the axles and waterwheels. David and Rahn, engravers and masons their skills helped Blair shape the reactors and set up the water gates and gears under Scrubs supervision. “Now zat ve have assembled dis Facility, It is time ve set in motion our great genius. Ve vill bring Armok’s blood to us, vith it a new era vill force dis von to succumb to change. I must admit, I vas der von dat made Darius Overseer. Dis vas a grave mistake, if I had known dis vas to happen... Vell I vould have stayed as overseer. So now ve vill strike at the heart of the Reich! Vhen der magma flows through out forges, our fellow dwarves vill see dat ve are more qualified as overseer.”

* * Darius’s Castle: Bedroom * *

This must be deja vu, I was going to take a bite from a tallow roast. And I felt it, a tingling at the nape of my neck. Something was wrong an- “Darius, I mean My Lord. Professor Lloyd and four others have been seen heading towards the Water Reactor Facility wha-“
“BLAST! He’s at it again, damn Lloyd and his experiments. He will destroy this entire fortress with his hair brained notion, It’s not possible to bring the magma sea to the surface. Only Armok can do that, and even that is even messy. Come Janus we must stop them, rouse your sister Ulric.” “Right away my Lord.”

* * Water Reactor Facility * *

“Hurry, ve don’t have much time before Darius and his hounds get here.”
“We are working as fast as we can Professor, even with the extra help it takes time.”
“Ja, your point Miss Scrubs? If ve can get dis Facility running, dey von’t be able to shut it down. Every von have der Lustrum Powder?”
“Why do we need Lustrum Powder?”
“Because David, Lustrum is a source of power. Vith it ve can negate the effects DFPS.”
“DFPS?”
“Ja, DFPS or Decreasing Flaps Per Second, answer you question Rahn? Gut, get back to verk.”

* * Pathway to Water Reactor Facility * *

Going at a fast walk was as fast as I could go without getting too tired, Janus and Ulric trailed behind me. Ulric had a bored expression on her face, and Janus sneered at any passerby that glanced at us. The double doors for the fork to the Water Reactor Facility and now abandoned Barracks, which now only houses weapons and armor. “We must make haste you two, I can feel that they are beginning. We must stop them.”

* * Water Reactor Facility * *

“Miss Scrubs vould you kindly pull ze leva’?”
“Yes sir pulling the lever.”
“Professor what will happen if Dar-“

The doors to the control room burst open as Janus and Ulric rushed in, with Darius casually walking in. “What do we have here, looks like five traitors to me. Ulric lock them all up in my dungeon.” Yawning Ulric made no effort that she would be grabbing them today “Darius , Lord. Whatever I don’t feel like doing it today.” “You will do it TODAY ULRIC! THAT’S MY COMMAND! AND YOU WILL OBEY!” David tried to run under the distraction but Janus grabbed his arm, startled David flung his bag of Lustrum powder coating himself, Janus, and Darius. “These are my good clothes, Janus beat him.”
“With pleasure, now you will know pain David”
“Oh no Please!”
“PULL ZE LEVA’!”
“STOP OR YOU ALL WILL BE EXECU-“
*CLICK*

Professor Lloyd had made a mistake in his calculations, Lustrum is a power source. But only a few handfuls would be enough to stop the Water Reactor Facility from taking power from them, and thus leaving them safe from the effects of DFPS. But they had nearly fifteen times the required amount, and when the gears turned and the reactors started drawing water and FPS the Large amount of Lustrum reacted with unexpected results. So much power had generated in a fraction of a millisecond it created what is called Limbo, Time and Space was warped and broken. A distortion wave was emitted from the Lustrum, those covered and holding it were spared. But Ulric was repelled and went into a rift which opened and closed so fast, that it seemed she disappeared in a heat haze. Everything moved and shifted a thousand times in a blink, few of the current seven were unaffected by the inevitable nausea. Unconsciousness quickly followed as time jumped back forth, sped up and slowed down...[/i]

* * Somewhere 1,000,000,000 years and three worlds later * *

It was cold, I could feel it. I wanted sleep, but my body screamed wake up. Opening my eyes I immediately shut them again, everything was blinding white. I am dead? No, Dwarfhalla would be warm with all the meat and mead a dwarf could eat and more.[I/] Once again I opened my eyes, this time only slightly. I now saw where I was, it was a frozen landscape. And the bright sun was reflected off the pure white snow, but there was tracks. Unsteadily I got up, I felt like a newborn kitten. I vaguely remembered what happen, all I remember is yelling at Rahn, Blair, and Scrubs to pull the lever. And everything blurred and changed colors, then a sharp pain in my head and I passed out. Looking around I can see Rahn, Blair and Scrubs near me. Not too far off was Darius and Janus, But I couldn’t see David. “David vere are you! David!” Where did he go?[/i]

The Castle was right in front of me, and a drop off in the ice behind me... And the tracks in the snow was what looked like dwarven, but there was others. A set of tracks led to the castle, "Everyvon vake up, ve must get to der shelter." everyone started to wake and rise. I started walking towards the Castle, and I could hear the snow crunch as the others followed. Inside that husk of the Castle there was thirteen others, one of them was David.

“David there you are, I had thought ve lost you.”
“No Professor, I had woke up on the other side of the castle. I saw there was some others from the fortress roaming around, so I gathered everyone here. I was just about to go out searching for more, then you guys showed up. We hunted some ice wolves and found various scattered equipment, but what scares the crap out of me is some of these tracks. Some are dwarf, others are human and elf. Even... Goblins and kobolds. And each footprint has a faint smell of death.”
“Hey what’ss this?”
“Darius NO!”

It was too late when he touched the ice layer, A giant cave spider leapt out and latched onto his head with its fangs. Janus and a few of the others charged the beast and killed it, but there was no bringing Darius back from the dead. Where the spider came from there was a fissure leading underground...

OOC: A GCS came and basically ate Darius before Janus could subdue the beast. Also hey yall heres the Secret Project and the new fortress Salvefences

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

What, no mention of the good general?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love it! keep up the utterly fantastic work, people!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

What, no mention of the good general?

Did you name a dwarf with his name? Nvm sorry about that, Currently the dwarf you named is female. Would you like a Male? Because there is a combat type migrant that is male that I can name.

Also He will be included in the next update. I never said he wasn't there :P

ALSO Dwarves that are ready to be dwarf'd
Spoiler: The List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: R.I.P (click to show/hide)

EDIT: There are four castes of Dwarves in this world
Normal - These are your standard run of the mill dwarf, nothing special
War - These dwarves heal faster, are naturally good at fighting, have no emotion or need of sleep. But get enraged at any hositle, can only eat meat , and see only half as far.
Hunt - These dwarves are naturally good at ambushing, archery, observering and tracking. They are good at dodging and have minor combat skills. Also they have built in combat styles
Priest - These dwarves can use magic, magic is good at defeating undead. They are more apt to use Temples as they learn magic and concentration faster, also they are naturals at it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:24:49 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A "You son of an elf!" production: Flash Freeze (Succession fortress)
« Reply #352 on: August 24, 2011, 12:29:32 am »

the thread is not dead, hugo is still working on an update. give him time.
EDIT: infact, he's nearly done writing it! expect the save and a final update some time today!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:31:23 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2011, 01:19:41 am »

Kisame - “I say we follow the fissure, and dig out a home.”
Shouts of yays and nays resounded through the assembled nineteen
Janus - “And what get eaten by whatever lurks down there? Have you seen my Lord Darius?”
Kisame - “Darius was a fat fool, and a power mad tyrant. Believe you me, he’s better off dead.”
Janus - “You take the back you scu-“
P. Lloyd - “I agree vith ze General’s statements, ve vill freeze up here. Vhat vill ve do? Rebuild ze castle?”
Janus - “Yes we cou-“
P. Lloyd - “Nein, ve cannot, vhy. Ve have no stone, no vay of building. And from vhat I have seen for tracks in the snow vould be that of undead. Hundreds of dem.”
Rahn - “Then what the hell are we waitin’ for? Let’s pack shit and go.”
David - “But the beasts...”
Scrubs - “David there was always beasts and monster, If it wasn’t lizardmen, it was trolls. Only think now is its us versus nature. And I don’t wanna stay and find out what are friendly dead friends are like.”
Kisame - “It’s settled then, Rahn prepare what little supplies we have. That goes for everyone else too, Janus stay here and defend the civilians and supplies. I’m going to scout and hopefully find a good spot for us to locate to.”

Picking up his iron battle axe, Kisame headed for the fissure...

* * The Fissure * *

This fissure doesn’t got that deep, already there’s a cave like pathways through the ice. Then I saw something, it bolted all I could see was antlers on a chicken. Chasing it down another ramp and curving around to my left there it was, some mutant bird I heard stories from my cousin that did a lot of spelunking. He’s dead now, helmet snake got him. The beast hid behind a pillar, when I came up to it I jumped and swung my axe as hard as I could. I was rewarded with a meaty thud and screech, it fell over in pain so I hacked it’s head off to finish the job. It could have been passive, it could have been aggressive. I had to protect what little I have left, and myself.

* * The Cavern * *

I’ve seen a cave once, at a old fort called Floodeddoors. It was full of squished passages and small open pockets, not this one. It was vast with wide open spaces, I could as far as I could in the dim green light the cave moss gave off. I could feel some warm air coming from the north, north west. Going at a steady jog down a few slopes, Already I could feel the warmth of the earth. Up ahead was another Elk Bird, It ran away when it saw me I guess they are timid beasts then it was blissfully hot. Right there a magma pool, near water as well. Better go topside and get everyone down here...

* * Topside * *

Janus patrolled around the ruined castle, and whenever he got around to were Darius laid he would glance and the body. Almost like a dog that lost its master, only lets hope he doesn’t turn rabid. Everything was taking its sweet time getting packed, can’t blame anyone. Its hard to move when your frozen, better yet grab anything with frozen fingers. “Everyvon ve must make haste, der is a storm coming.” Picking up a hunk of ice wolf meat, and headed for the fissure to wait. Then Kisame’s head popped out over the rim “Alright I found a good spot for us, There’s magma and water. Not the freshest water but its better then nothing. Come on you elves get packing, and get movin.” Everyone grabbed food and some items and started for the fissure, towards salvation. Or Damnation.

* * The Cavern * *

P. Lloyd - “I think dat ve should build a trade depot, maybe some travelling merchants saw us appear in dis land.”
Kisame - “Crazy, this is a dead world. Void of life I say.”
Scrubs - “What if the Professor is right?”
Kisame - “Fine. You there, build a damnable depot. You never know ‘Just in case’. Man a bunch of whiners.”
David - “Kisame I hu-“
Kisame - “For the love of Astis WHAT!”
David - “I hurt my finger.”
Kisame - “Don’t tell me, or bother me with that stuff. Talk to the good doctor Lloyd,”
P. Lloyd - “Dats Doctor Professor Lloyd to you, excuse me General I have a patient.”

The Project: Flash Freeze is ready for play
WARNING: THIS GAME IS HARDER THEN IT LOOKS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Summary, the project was completed and two of the main chars died, Darius and Scrubs. and a small begining for the fort

tasks
Bury the dead ASAP or tantrum spiral will ensue
make the diningroom or a diningroom to make people happy.
Plant food pigtails, tower-caps and fungiwood (yes those are trees)
hunt cave or surface creatures to feed Warrior Dwarves
enlarge the fort (theres a up down stairs next to the current meeting area)
Start a industy, and build A Temple of Regenreation to make magnaite orbs.

So much more, but I'm sure the next player know what to do. :)

the Save Have fun

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 24, 2011, 04:06:29 am »

Bravo! NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 24, 2011, 07:10:01 am »

Damn. Is this a custom mod?

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 24, 2011, 10:53:05 am »

Ill start playing later in about 2-3 hours.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 24, 2011, 02:47:09 pm »

It uses a mod called regen. Hugo_The_Dwarf and I have been working on it(Usually i'll brainstorm, and then he'll mod the stuff in) for a while now.
Ill start playing later in about 2-3 hours.
Great! good luck!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 24, 2011, 03:37:55 pm »

It uses a mod called regen. Hugo_The_Dwarf and I have been working on it(Usually i'll brainstorm, and then he'll mod the stuff in) for a while now.
I am working on a newer version of the mod, that will include (a massive build-up) of new creatures items and civs. If anyone has any questions on how to use the new buildings (There are two reasource buildings, The 'Mine Shaft' and 'Temple of Regeneration') The Reasource Buildings are farily complex, The ToR is confusing (if you don't know how it works)

But the Mason's Workshop 2, Woodworkers Shop, Doctor's Desk, and Candleworker's Shop are pretty straight forward. The Woodworker's Shops main function is dismantling unused wooden items back into logs, making wooden wheels for the mine shaft, and Turning small trees into wood.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 24, 2011, 09:39:22 pm »

uh, ya. i didnt play today because i got sucked into a timesink.

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 78