Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2026748 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7155 on: November 03, 2014, 09:16:10 pm »

Just had my adventurer get killed by a pack of giant dingo, haven't had that kind of thing happen in a long while.

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: November 04, 2014, 12:08:44 am »

Genned a new world for 40.14, with a few changes:
-Elves use metal weapons/armor
-Goblins no longer immortal/must eat and sleep
-Cartilage and nails heal (as last adventure my speardwarf had a smashed open finger which never healed).
-Numbers for beasts: mega 33/semi 484/titan 44/demon 44/night trolls 484/vampire 111/werebeast 258

I've been rotating between a few dwarves retiring and unretiring them (some adventure, some don't) to move the world along and let it grow a bit.

This world's speardwarf recruited a drunk and armed him with a silver short sword and copper shield. Speardwarf, drunk and pikewoman are moving through the mountain range headed for a lair housing what I forget.

For some reason the pikewoman is unarmed (so we need to arm her) and unsurprisingly runs when a fight starts. The drunk on the other hand has had a very good run:

The interesting thing is:

Dishmab Letterlabors has a few trophies he didn't have before. I used to think it took a full retire before you'd see a character displaying trophies.

An interesting retirement note is any dwarf that fought any opponent of significance, upon being asked how he/she is (by my active character) responds with an assortment of "begone fear, how fragile we are, etc." So yes, hopefully next version with the stress timer fix will be put in soon. While curious, very undesirable to return to the main hillock home base to find bloodshed.

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: November 04, 2014, 09:27:11 pm »

A few things about stress. After finally finding a pike, my speardwarf, the drunk and the pikewoman unwisely tried to sleep a few squares (fast travel map) too close to a river. My speardwarf awoke because there were 3 dingos nearby:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Drunk charges them only to go down in pain. Speardwarf works them down as pikewoman takes the kills shouting:

A short time later, my speardwarf checks in with the pike woman:

Once on the road again, we stop before the lair of a night creature, and both are queried:
So the drunk is traumatized, but the pikewomn has readjusted:

Fast forward to 1 day or so later:
And he's better it seems.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 09:36:19 pm by a smiling bearded cretin »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7158 on: November 04, 2014, 09:49:17 pm »

Well, tried ambushing a dragon, a cyclops somehow hopped in, killed most of my men, I start trying to save them, kill the cyclops, start throwing things at the dragon, run out of rocks and knives, butcher the cyclops, throw his gibbs, throw my axe. Barely hurt the dragon. Grab her own egg, throw it. Crushed her skull. VICTORY!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
« Reply #7159 on: November 04, 2014, 10:40:19 pm »

I just started a new, random fighter type guy, and the civ he was from (the only humans left) had no cities on the overworld map, which I thought was strange. When I started, the entire civ is just 15 guys, led by a military commander.

I really wish I could ask the commander (whom, oddly enough is the only person my character actually knows) what the plan was so I could maybe help reclaim our former glory from a world overrun with gobbos.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: November 04, 2014, 10:56:17 pm »

My first guess is get strong enough to take on a vault, and then get a clown on the side of the humans.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
« Reply #7161 on: November 05, 2014, 07:56:16 pm »

I took my fighter and found a somewhat weakened human village of another civ (Gobbo civ that took over the city) so I started terrorizing them, asking where the leader was and trying to get people to join me in an insurrection. Those who refused got booted in the face and either died or were left unconcious until I found the castle. Walk in, shout that the site is mine, all the warrior types shout "it must be stopped with violent force!" and tried to advance on me. I fired 1 arrow at the king, missed, and everyone in the room fled and it gave me control of the site.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:04:44 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: November 05, 2014, 08:02:06 pm »

Wait, you're the king of that civ now.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: November 06, 2014, 07:18:39 pm »

Found a human elite crossbow-woman in an town, who says she killed a dragon. Beat her up in a fist fight.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7164 on: November 06, 2014, 10:02:47 pm »

I genned a world where the only playable critters are goblins and kobolds.

Kobold Quest II begins now!

Killed a goblin, butchered him, and then got mauled by bogeymen because I can't get any traveling companions.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:24:13 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: November 07, 2014, 03:32:16 am »

Kobolds live in a bloody world.  Kobold Quest is often less of a fantasy epic and more of a short story.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: November 07, 2014, 08:46:20 am »

I genned a world where the only playable critters are goblins and kobolds.

Kobold Quest II begins now!

Killed a goblin, butchered him, and then got mauled by bogeymen because I can't get any traveling companions.
Find a lair, waterfall, mountains, cave...
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7167 on: November 07, 2014, 09:00:09 am »

Within a thick forest i've had hit a horse into its teeth with my cave spider silk bag filled with edibles and water.

Not only did several dozens of teeth fly dozen of meters around no. I found dozens more of them In the trees several levels above ground....
Did i cause i explosive oral decompression or what? O.o

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: November 07, 2014, 01:57:30 pm »

Within a thick forest i've had hit a horse into its teeth with my cave spider silk bag filled with edibles and water.

Not only did several dozens of teeth fly dozen of meters around no. I found dozens more of them In the trees several levels above ground....
Did i cause i explosive oral decompression or what? O.o
That seems par for the course, actually.  Maybe not several dozens, though.

I am curious to know how that mechanic is handled. . .  several small, socketed items get hit, anf fly away?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: November 07, 2014, 05:38:15 pm »

That seems to be the case, yes. If you hit one of the teeth, you hit all of those teeth defined under that part*, and the result seems to always be that they are broken off and launched away at high velocity.

*humans and dwarves have a tooth definition that includes multiple individual definitions for teeth in different parts of the mouth; hitting one of those will cause all of the teeth under that definition which you struck ("upper left back teeth" for instance) to fly out, but the rest will remain because they're separate body parts. Other animals have the "generic_teeth" definition (there are actually a bunch, for rodents and creatures with fangs or large canines), which includes only one body part, but there are 30 teeth to that body part. Horses are one of those creatures with the generic teeth definition, so if you punch a horse in the teeth, 30 teeth will fly out.

There's also the tentacle teeth definition; that attaches 30 teeth to a tentacle... multiplied by the number of tentacles on the critter. So many teeth!
Never seen anybody injured by teeth knocked out of a creature as they fly through the air, sadly, but I imagine a creature that has dozens of socketed parts made of a super-heated material would quickly become ‼fun‼ for everyone if those socketed parts are knocked off.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 1104