Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 367331 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread
« Reply #2805 on: February 12, 2022, 10:58:53 pm »

Slight clarification: the entire town team won best town performance (non-mash).

I'm somewhat amused that of the five awards I was nominated for the only one I won was the one I contributed basically nothing to.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: February 13, 2022, 12:22:41 am »

Interesting. Is Mafia Universe another website you guys play on, or do the folks there go out of their way to scour every mafia forum in search of the best games to give awards to?

BTW, for anyone who wants a status update on me posting the archive, basically what happened was that I ended up taking a much need break during the holidays and afterwards school picked up. I plan on posting the archive during reading week (a week long break at my university), which will be in two weeks.

Edit: Update on the update. As a Ukrainian, the invasion ended up derailing most of my plans. Lot of family stuff ended up happening. Sorry.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 08:26:41 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: February 13, 2022, 12:26:13 am »

4Mask plays there, he invited me and Webby to play with him for one game. We (and the whole town) got an award for our performance in the game *_*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: February 13, 2022, 06:54:02 am »

So that is where our forum veterans have gone!

Congrats to 4maskwolf for the his award for Best Scum/3p Performance - Single Player (Mash). Does the order matter? It was 3 out of 7, or 4 out of 7.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: February 13, 2022, 06:49:06 pm »

Couple things about that:

I'm the only Bay12 player who plays there with any frequency, I just managed to rope Vector and webadict into one single game after which they said "nah fuck this shit I'm out". MU plays much, MUCH faster than Bay12 so most people used to Bay12 style games aren't fond of it.

And I didn't win an award for that one, I think you're looking at the nomination order there (Throne Mash II was a really early game this year). Apoc won that category for an amazing performance in Zelda Mash.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 06:54:40 pm by 4maskwolf »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: February 13, 2022, 06:52:59 pm »

I find MafiaUniverse's UI makes it much more difficult to read through than other forums, so I can see how that error happened.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: February 18, 2022, 06:54:23 am »

I've got an account on MU due to participating in the championship games. I had a better experience there than the handful of other mafia forums I'd been on (mafiascum was just weirdly aggro). But overall I prefer the more open formats we've had here. Having dedicated forum software for running mafia helps with the admin but I think it stultifies the possibilities of the form.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: February 19, 2022, 06:27:45 am »

... not if you design it with crazy formats in mind!  ;D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: February 19, 2022, 02:50:46 pm »

Banter

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: February 23, 2022, 03:59:31 pm »

I've got an account on MU due to participating in the championship games. I had a better experience there than the handful of other mafia forums I'd been on (mafiascum was just weirdly aggro). But overall I prefer the more open formats we've had here. Having dedicated forum software for running mafia helps with the admin but I think it stultifies the possibilities of the form.
They do run a lot of manual games which are hand-run (sometimes with modbot votecount, sometimes not if there are roles that mess with it), you're not locked into using the modbot for your games.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: February 26, 2022, 12:11:42 am »

Good to know. Maybe I will unleash Choose Your Own Mafia or ProcGen Mafia on a wider audience one day.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: February 26, 2022, 08:48:17 am »

Running afoul of forum software myself.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: February 26, 2022, 11:22:22 am »

Oh? Is it not letting you unlock your thread? That's odd.

I can unlock it for you, but I don't think I have control over permissions. That might be a Toady thing.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: March 14, 2022, 11:48:48 am »

Urgh. I'm forgetting what the trick is to getting your profile pictures to actually process rather than just endlessly stalling and never uploading, can anyone remind me what it is?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: March 14, 2022, 11:59:51 am »

Urgh. I'm forgetting what the trick is to getting your profile pictures to actually process rather than just endlessly stalling and never uploading, can anyone remind me what it is?
Can't use https?
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 193