Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 30160 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 2
« Reply #360 on: November 29, 2021, 09:06:22 pm »

Ok, just to confirm, here is the list of actions from Night 1. Correct me if I screwed up somewhere.

TricMagic- Action
Maximum Spin- Action
Webadict- No Action
Knightwing64- No Action
EuchreJack- No Action
UselessMcMiner- Action
Toonyman- No Action
Vector- Action

So, my ability let's me know how many actions were taken during the night, not counting my own. This is why I only needed to know who acted, not necessarily full role claims. I was informed that four actions were taken last night, which adds up with all of the claimed actions.

...Except I asked the mod if the NK counted towards the total action count, and I was told yes. So there should be five total night actions. One of the four people who have claimed a night action actually used it to perform the NK. And we just happen to have a player who's claimed night action was disproven.

UselessMcMiner, what's up?
Interesting, do you think one mafia is lying and the other is telling the truth then?

I'm not as willing to vote Tric or Useless here because they have confirmable actions that should out them tomorrow if they're lying.

Useless can kill a top suspect.
Tric can confirm somebody's role is the truth while also saying what their totem is (which hopefully isn't known information).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 29, 2021, 09:09:23 pm »

Ok, liking Roden so far, so Unvote

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 29, 2021, 09:13:35 pm »

So if we believe Roden, we should vote one of TricMagic, UselessMcMiner, or Vector.

@Web: Why is Vector not scum? You're our Vector expert.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 29, 2021, 09:20:48 pm »

If Vector is Mafia, McMiner can't be Town if Toony is Town. If McMiner is Town, Toony can't be town, Vector would claim the redirect. Unless Vector is also mafia, but that leads into the first reasoning.

I meanwhile, am separate from the chain of logic. Which by itself tells you there is no logic to condemn me with, I'd have needed to be acting alone, or be playing a silly-good mafia game. Claiming to target the very person I killed and provide a bit of info I wouldn't have but have had to guess about. Which one could say, but all it would take is one town to send things crumbling down.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 29, 2021, 09:24:39 pm »

@Tric: I think the theory as to your being mafia is that you redirected McMiner's message onto Max while killing Max.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 29, 2021, 09:31:40 pm »

So if we believe Roden, we should vote one of TricMagic, UselessMcMiner, or Vector.
I believe that is correct.

@Tric: I think the theory as to your being mafia is that you redirected McMiner's message onto Max while killing Max.
Oh yeah that's true. Mafia knew Max was probably telling the truth about being a cop, but didn't know whether Max would inspect Tric or Useless so if the team is Tric/Roden they have Tric redirect Useless onto Max and Roden performs the kill. This removes the cop while also setting up Useless to take the fall.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 29, 2021, 09:34:15 pm »

I took an action with no target.

Was it an investigative action?  If yes, I assume you have something to share.  If not, I imagine you'll be keeping what you activated to yourself.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 29, 2021, 09:35:18 pm »

Oh yeah that's true. Mafia knew Max was probably telling the truth about being a cop, but didn't know whether Max would inspect Tric or Useless so if the team is Tric/Roden they have Tric redirect Useless onto Max and Roden performs the kill. This removes the cop while also setting up Useless to take the fall.

I don't think you can put Tric and Roden on the mafia team, as Roden sorta outed Tric.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 29, 2021, 09:36:47 pm »

Unvote
Thanks Toony. Unfortunately though, I think you're McMiner's partner.

Ok, liking Roden so far, so Unvote
Thank you too Jack. I still think you're town.

Ok, just to confirm, here is the list of actions from Night 1. Correct me if I screwed up somewhere.

TricMagic- Action
Maximum Spin- Action
Webadict- No Action
Knightwing64- No Action
EuchreJack- No Action
UselessMcMiner- Action
Toonyman- No Action
Vector- Action

So, my ability let's me know how many actions were taken during the night, not counting my own. This is why I only needed to know who acted, not necessarily full role claims. I was informed that four actions were taken last night, which adds up with all of the claimed actions.

...Except I asked the mod if the NK counted towards the total action count, and I was told yes. So there should be five total night actions. One of the four people who have claimed a night action actually used it to perform the NK. And we just happen to have a player who's claimed night action was disproven.

UselessMcMiner, what's up?
Interesting, do you think one mafia is lying and the other is telling the truth then?

I'm not as willing to vote Tric or Useless here because they have confirmable actions that should out them tomorrow if they're lying.

Useless can kill a top suspect.
Tric can confirm somebody's role is the truth while also saying what their totem is (which hopefully isn't known information).
I have no idea if one of the scum is telling the truth or not. I only know how many players performed actions, so they could be doing something entirely different than what they're claiming. I asked the mod how the Ninja modifier could potentially affect my ability, but all they could say was that it depended on how powerful the modifier was, which is a vague but interesting answer.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 29, 2021, 09:38:00 pm »

I don't think you can put Tric and Roden on the mafia team, as Roden sorta outed Tric.
I outed Tric? In what way?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 29, 2021, 09:40:54 pm »

Your list of 4 actives includes Tric, who claimed to learn stuff about Max that he could have learned from reading the front page.  Hence the "sorta", since Vector and UselessMcMiner are also on the list of actives.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 29, 2021, 10:11:45 pm »

Gonna put this in a seperate post for ease of quoting.

McMiner is confirmed scum if you believe I'm telling the truth. If he was Redirected or Roleblocked, I should still have seen at minimum a 5th action. Only a Multitasking Ninja Roleblocker would explain mine and McMiner's results, but I think it's just more likely he's just mafia here.

Furthermore, why block McMiner anyway? IIRC he didn't soft claim or hint at any kind of role that could have scared the mafia team. And how could he be blocked of he was able to message Toony in the first place?

McMiner, could you go into further detail about your role? When exactly do you choose your target? Does the mod relay messages between the two of you? Or do you get a private chat of some kind?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 29, 2021, 10:13:38 pm »

Your list of 4 actives includes Tric, who claimed to learn stuff about Max that he could have learned from reading the front page.  Hence the "sorta", since Vector and UselessMcMiner are also on the list of actives.
Ah, technically I didn't ask for a role claim from Tric, I think he just decided to claim on his own since his supposed target was dead.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 29, 2021, 10:16:49 pm »

Roden

Still waiting on that damn claim.
For someone who was so eager for me to claim, it's weird that you've gone silent once I did claim and provide info.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 29, 2021, 10:21:08 pm »

Infinity: People not responding in 2 hours doesn't make them scum, so stfu.

Resolves the Knightwing64 question.

@Roden: Toonyman/UselessMcMiner can't be the mafia team.  UselessMcMiner claimed to send a message to Toonyman as part of his claim and Toonyman denied getting the message.  Without a redirecter/roleblocker, one of them is scum, probably not both.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48