Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 387882 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #705 on: August 25, 2018, 06:46:57 pm »

"Thank you very much. And thank you as well, Kara." Vikkan perked up considerably at receiving a black flame, nodding in thanks to both the Church agents and the Corven who'd helped him.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • got it all worked out, don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Back to the Future
« Reply #706 on: August 25, 2018, 07:22:31 pm »

Can I stand? If not, request assistance from Medizen.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:08:49 pm by Egan_BW »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Return
« Reply #707 on: August 25, 2018, 07:28:35 pm »

Once the church people are gone, I’ll give the area a quick search. I’ll loot the bodies for weapons, fathoms, and other valuables. After I’ve searched, I’ll pile up everything I find near the bore.

After that, I’ll search the warehouse itself. What condition is it in? How much stuff is laying around? I’ll check for information and secrets too. I’ll open some boxes and look what’s inside.

How much junk is there before we would have to take things apart?

After all that, I’ll give the wire spool to Clate, then head to town. I want to see how much my gold is worth. I’ll check different kinds of businesses. I at least want to check what a pawnshop, a jeweler, and a foundry would give me for it. If I can find a dedicated appraiser, I’ll see how much it would cost to get it appraised.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 25, 2018, 07:34:51 pm »

-snip-

"Friend Harm, your enthousiasm is commendable as always. However, we've already tallied up all the loot and corpses to be found. Don't you worry, we'll divide them fairly amongst ourselves in a bit. You won't be left out, I promise."

((Which is to say, looting isn't necessary anymore. We have all the stuff gathered up already. You can see the list here: https://dig.wikia.com/wiki/The_Warehouse))
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 08:03:33 pm by Pancaek »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 25, 2018, 07:46:03 pm »

(( I’m aware, but it technically hasn’t been done yet IC, so I figure it doesn’t hurt to go ahead and do it as an action. I was also hoping to get more description of the area))
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:47:51 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 25, 2018, 08:03:09 pm »

((Ah, gotcha. I didn't want you to waste a turn for something that was already done, so I thought I'd tell you, but seems it wasn't necessary. My bad.))

"Why thank you, friend Harm. I'll make sure to put this spool to good use."

1. Recieve spool of wire from Harm. Look it over to see if I can't figure out what's special about it.

2. Go into town and try to find someone to sell one of my gold cubes to, try prospectors, alchemists, jewellers, and the like. See if there isn't a Greater Trade Alliance representative here, maybe they'll cut a fellow schluck a deal. Don't sell them for less than 100 fathoms. Also check if any of these people will buy the spike with crystals on it.

3. Also look around if there's anyone here who has knowledge about crystal people tech. Specifically construct command phrases and the crystal toothpick. But make sure to keep the existance of my toothpick a secret for now. Also, do I remember any mor einfo about people who have been exposed to a crystal toothpick? What generally happens to them?

4. Check if anyone sells any (introductory) guidebooks on alchemy and chemical, biological and occult crafting and how much they're asking for each.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:01:29 pm by Pancaek »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #711 on: August 25, 2018, 08:08:48 pm »

Kara took a moment to look at the things in her hand. They were heavy. And she only had one hand to hold them with. Her whole body was heavy. But it wasn't time yet.
"I'm tired." she said to nobody in particular and walked away from the others.
She searched for a while, looking for an isolated corner or a cozy box, somewhere she could wear her cheap old shirt in peace. Some part of her mind told her that her clothes were showing new signs of wear, she would need to change them soon. She struggled to put the shirt on for a while and then spent some time arranging her possessions, making sure her rifle was nearby. She stared at them for a second, first the items, then the floppy sleeve on the left of her chest. She had done everything she needed to do for now. She stopped struggling against the weight of her body and let herself fall to the floor. She curled up. She closed her eyes cried. She didn't have to be strong anymore.

Are there rooms here? What are the sleeping arrangements? Individual rooms? Communal bunks? Boxes converted into beds? Moth sex dungeon?

Do not give anyone money just yet. If the others want money they should come talk to Kara about it.

Just in case someone decides to pretend they're smart and try to steal them, I am keeping the money on me. Tie them under my shirt, put them in my pants, whatever it takes to keep them safe.

Edit: I've got no problem with Radio seeing my Crystal tablets.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 04:47:27 pm by Parisbre56 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 26, 2018, 12:21:21 am »

Auft trill-purrs happily on being handed the weregilt.

"Thank you!" she responds cheerfully, mimicking the priest's friendly tone.

-

Once the church had left (accompanied by a cute farewell wave from Auft), her gaze drifted inexorably to all the delicious corpses lying around. Her delicate hands began rubbing together...

...but she supposed she should fetch a new slave and confer with the others first. After all, it was their corpses too.

Locate some town officials to collect my new slave.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 26, 2018, 04:22:35 am »

((Had I known those church guys would run off immediately, and that my diplomancy would just get some token response I'd have asked them if they knew what that beaker thingie was. Oh well, guess we'll have to figure it out the hard way!))

"Kara, did those crystal tablets mention this object by any chance?" Adam asked, showing the beaker thing they had found in the ruins.

Assuming birdgirl lets me see the crystal inventory tablet, try to see if they mention the beaker artifact.

Also, a soldier's chestplate is noted as being 'notoriously restrictive of movement'. Does that mean it gives dex/movement penalties? What about stealth, does it interfere with that?

I'm gonna hold of on looting actions for the moment. I've given RC a list of whats in this area to loot, and I'll consider it all automatically looted by the general group once this is finished. From there, you can grab your desired stuff. Preferably with some cooperation between everyone.

((Check this post in the ooc for more info: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171145.msg7837969#msg7837969))

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 04:39:29 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 26, 2018, 05:12:34 am »

Join Harm in the search for loot. Start searching, use my awesome dex to check the hard to reach corners.

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Hotfire90

« Reply #715 on: August 26, 2018, 09:21:51 am »

Grab some structural junk from the warehouse and fix my shovel.

Head into town and look for a mining or jewelry store, sell my diamond to them for at least 100 fathoms and haggle for a better price. If I succeeded in selling them my diamond, show them the most valuable and precious crystals and stones from my mineral sample and sell the information of the mineral deposits to them for 5 times the price of my sold diamond.

Afterwards buy a black flame and check out the wares of the other shops.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:23:17 pm by Hotfire90 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 26, 2018, 01:48:23 pm »

I guess I'm 48 pages late. :'(

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 26, 2018, 01:49:07 pm »

"So...Now that we are free what is going to be the next step?"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:30:07 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 26, 2018, 01:49:33 pm »

Piecewise has given the go-ahead on Discord to level up. I recommend doing your level-up rolls on Discord, or asking the group to do them for you.
If you joined the game late - like, on the return trip to town, I recommend not leveling up, but ask the GM, it's his decision.

to level up, you gain one skill point

You also roll 3d6 for each stat. If you roll higher than your stat, you raise the stat one point.
I have rolled mine out in Discord.
I tried to roll them out in order, but skipped speed and went back to it after rolling endurance. I asked if everyone as okay with that and got no objections.
The results were as follows:

The rolls were:  12, 10, (11, 10,) 12, 12, 12, 12

Str:9   Roll: 12: success
Dex:8  Roll: 10 success
Spe:8   Roll: 10 success
End:10  Roll: 11 success
Awa:12  Roll: 12 FAIL
Cun:10  Roll: 12 success
Kno:10  Roll: 12 success
Ner:16   Roll: 12 FAIL

So, my two strongest stats did not level, but I gain one point in each of the other stats.
New Statline for AsHul:
Str:10  Dex:9  Spe:9  End:11  Awa:12  Cun:11  Kno:11  Ner:16

I am banking my skill point for now.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #719 on: August 26, 2018, 02:43:20 pm »

Rolled stats in discord, leveling up my strenght, speed and endurance.

"If n-no one minds, I w-would like to visit Empyrean..."

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:22:27 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 231