Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37

Author Topic: What are your opinions on the "big issue" of today? (not a troll thread)  (Read 38290 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I have an utmost respect for you all after realizing how preposterous and yet entirely believable it is that everyone on here is entirely accepting of people with differing sexual preferences.
I'm sure there's someone on here who has an issue with it, but then again...
Although it surely shatters presuppositions about my mindset, I do not particularly hate teh ghees.
...maybe not.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well.

He was drunk at the time.

Althought really, it is hardly suprising.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even Nikov? Wow.

Though I tend not to stereotype him as he tends to break off a bit in terms of mindset past calling him "conservative".

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Joking aside. Nikov is what I would term a smart conservative. So I am not surprised at all about his views on such a matter.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch

Honestly, I'm not sure how long a homophobe would last on these forums. Even our token conservative is pretty moderate.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it depends on how long it took them to find the happy thread.

Edit: Oh no! Blasphemy against Nikovs good elite conservative name!?!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 11:40:57 pm by Criptfeind »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

I'm not that much into American politics, but I know conservative is right wing, right? Firstly, do they have a reputation for not liking gays, or other minority groups, and secondly does this imply bay12 is some what left wing?

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch

Yes on both counts.

Bay12 is the studio that made Liberal Crime Squad after all.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The homophobes I have met tend to be somewhere between "highly opinionated but with opinions which are not mine" (which I would simply like to believe of all people I disagree with) and "misinformed". The fact is people who are strongly misinformed and are going to stay that way, daggummit, are probably not playing DF.

I'm not that much into American politics, but I know conservative is right wing, right? Firstly, do they have a reputation for not liking gays, or other minority groups, and secondly does this imply bay12 is some what left wing?

Yes and maybe yes, I don't know. Really, "republican" and "right wing" do not connotate anti-gay but "conservative" does tend to, but they are all on the right side of the spectrum.

Yes on both counts.

Though I think Toady was just having way too much fun poking at both stereotypes.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 11:43:53 pm by freeformschooler »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shhhhh.... Yeah that works.

And yeah. Bay12 is hugely left.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Eh... I know a couple... 1 cant even do half good insults, he says that I'm gay.....

'Awkward turtle'
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Yes on both counts.

I was under the impression that liberal crime squad was so epic it was enjoyed by all, regardless of political views.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch

Well, I certainly don't consider myself left-wing (although I'm sure everyone else does) and I enjoyed it.

I think you'd have a hard time getting most conservatives to play a game with that title though.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Yes on both counts.

I was under the impression that liberal crime squad was so epic it was enjoyed by all, regardless of political views.
We are typing about a game that straight up tells you that it depicts conservatives as lunatic oppressors, moderates as apathetic morons, and liberals as violent terrorists. If you get that hung up on politics you wouldn't even get past downloding it, much less playing it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think everyone can find something to like about it. Not only is it a fight against the evil conservatives, but it is a attack on liberals as well. I think you can see it as talking for what ever side you fall on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37