Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54

Author Topic: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9  (Read 434659 times)

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility
« Reply #330 on: October 14, 2010, 11:54:02 pm »

Well since we can paint them and you can set the desired counts to just cover almost the whole map if you want there's some room for manipulation here. Just by having 0 in small regions, 10,000 in medium, and 0 in large we could work out when mountain ranges got too big to get any evil squares anymore. After that controlling good and evil would just be a matter of setting either medium desired square counts to high numbers and displaying and overlay for all the medium sized regions.

Controlling which ones were good or evil would be impossible but if they've painted all of the parameters possible they could just generate worlds on a different seed to shuffle them around.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Narux

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A small problem.
« Reply #331 on: October 26, 2010, 09:45:24 pm »

First of all, I would like to thank the creator(s?) of PerfectWorldDF for this amazing add-on.

Since I sometimes play DF on my netbook the size of the worlds I can generate with DF can be very limited, and most of the times I just end up with some small mountains and most of them being "calm" with other boring features. This tool gives me an option to make a small world with lots of mountains and I can set the savagery to whatever pleases me and alter the number of different biomes.

Not sure if this is a bug in DF itself or if this has something to do with PerfectWorldDF.

I came across this small problem while playing advendure mode, I found a couple of "mountain halls" while traveling the world map.
I decide to check them out, but when I arrive at the local area, I cannot find anything at all. No buildings, no dwarves, nothing. Its just like a forest/cliff. I found a few human towns but they just had a couple of small huts where the humans were idling. No shops, no pub, no other buildings. Just huts with idling people.

Same problem with Dark fortresses, they are all just shrublands/hills/mountains. No constructions, no goblins.

I found a warlord in one of the human huts, got a task where I had to kill an ettin which apparently hid inside a cave . Fine, I went to the spot where the "Cave" were located. There was no cave. Just a flat shrubland with a couple of hills. Found the ettin and crushed his head with my bronze mace.

I tried to create another world with PerfectWorldDF, but this world had the same problem as the last one.

Is PerfectWordDF incompatible with adventure mode or the latest version of DF? or is this how adventure mode currently looks like?
Am I doing something wrong when generating the world?

Yet again, thanks for an excellent add-on, it works flawlessly in Dwarf Fortress mode!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #332 on: October 26, 2010, 09:49:10 pm »

This is a bug in the current version of DF:  There are no towns, fortresses, towers, shops, or any other interesting sites.  You can go back to 31.12 if you want sites back, or wait for Toady to fix it in a future version.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Narux

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Okay!
« Reply #333 on: October 26, 2010, 10:14:47 pm »

Thanks for the fast reply!

Then I know its not because I did something wrong in the map making.
I guess I will revert back to .12 untill a new version is released then.

Nas92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 27, 2010, 02:20:10 pm »

I have a problem. I followed the quick start guide, but I set the minimum amount of volcanos around 400. I wanted to have the brook+volcano+trees+no aquifer perfect site. Well, the world I generated was more than inadequate. In fact I would have been better off using the standard Create World Now option. The problem was the following: every site had aquifer layers, the volcanos were mountain peaks or were islands on the middle of the ocean. So, to put it short, how do I make a world with a great number of perfect sites I've mentioned? The aquifer problem is, I think, because the program seems to ignore that I want a region genned(I've noticed regions don't have much of the "every site has an aquifer" problem) how do I make it generate a proper region?

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 27, 2010, 02:50:04 pm »

I have a problem. I followed the quick start guide, but I set the minimum amount of volcanos around 400. I wanted to have the brook+volcano+trees+no aquifer perfect site. Well, the world I generated was more than inadequate. In fact I would have been better off using the standard Create World Now option. The problem was the following: every site had aquifer layers, the volcanos were mountain peaks or were islands on the middle of the ocean. So, to put it short, how do I make a world with a great number of perfect sites I've mentioned? The aquifer problem is, I think, because the program seems to ignore that I want a region genned(I've noticed regions don't have much of the "every site has an aquifer" problem) how do I make it generate a proper region?

I'm not exactly sure what controls aquifers (low drainage? total guess), but I can help with the volcanos. The volcano map has two 'cusp' controls, that create peaks of volcanism at certain altitudes. You want to adjust these sliders so that your volcanos appear mostly below the mountains to the areas which are embarkable. You can also ignore the cusp map entirely and have volcanism control only by noise.

Regions vs. Island has no strict meaning in PW, but if you are creating a map with lots of land or lots of ocean, you'll probably want to copy the param settings from the map size and type that is closest to what you are making.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 09:08:34 am by cephalo »
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 27, 2010, 05:31:38 pm »

I can't help with the aquifers.

But if you want lots of cool sites and don't want saltwater you don't need any oceans at all. They'll a) take up perfectly good embark squares, and b)make other perfectly good squares a pain in the ass due to saltwater. Just go to the Biome tab, and make "below sea level" 0%.

You'll still get plenty of rivers, and quite a few freshwater lakes, but all those island volcanoes will suddenly be useful.

Nick

Furohman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 02, 2010, 08:18:19 pm »

While this tool is excellent I felt it was missing a certain Britishness...
So I made the British Isles using a modified heightmap from Transport Tycoon.
Heightmap:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Large Island World I generated from it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Map Set file:
http://filesmelt.com/dl/BritishIsles.pwset

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 07, 2010, 01:52:06 pm »

I just got perfect world. I already made a world, but i need help on the map parameters. I also need help with getting the damned map in there.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 12, 2010, 05:51:03 pm »

On second thought, maybe a instuction manual would be nice for this, because i have no idea what I am doing. Somebody please help a newb and tell me how to use this?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 21, 2010, 11:48:59 pm »

Getting this error
Code: [Select]
Runtime error '5'
invalid procedure call or argument

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 22, 2010, 08:19:45 am »

On second thought, maybe a instuction manual would be nice for this, because i have no idea what I am doing. Somebody please help a newb and tell me how to use this?

There are step-by-step instructions included with the mod's files. It's called PerfectWorldDF_Manual.html.  It's always good practice to look into the folder of any program you download... you never know what you'll find.  :)
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye
« Reply #342 on: November 30, 2010, 06:39:52 pm »

cephalo is the greatest of men.
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 30, 2010, 07:19:24 pm »

Indeed he is. A minor update involving the new night creature worldgen parameter would be nice though, but not to important.
« Reply #344 on: December 01, 2010, 05:19:53 am »

Is temperature editable, yet?
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54