Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 406755 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Pretty much have to reset the poll.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Er, so what would be some scenarios you would roll for in the freeform with rolls thing? I.E. Just things that would fall down to luck as ragnarok suggested or might we end up in a situation of "Ethon forgets how to turn into a dragon because he rolled a 1" which, while entertaining, would be kinda bullshit?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Er, so what would be some scenarios you would roll for in the freeform with rolls thing? I.E. Just things that would fall down to luck as ragnarok suggested or might we end up in a situation of "Ethon forgets how to turn into a dragon because he rolled a 1" which, while entertaining, would be kinda bullshit?
Well, obviously he can't do that so that wouldn't be a rolled for thing. But if two people of similar strength were having an arm wrestling contest then that would be something to roll for as it come down to luck.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, obviously he can't do that so that wouldn't be a rolled for thing. But if two people of similar strength were having an arm wrestling contest then that would be something to roll for as it come down to luck.
Ah, that is totally fine by me then.

Indeed, I do this.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Honestly what I'd do for lightrolls freeform is there are no stats.

basically if something comes down to chance, you apply it a likelihood and roll for it.

otherwise, it's all based on respectful discussion by the players/gm.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

basically if something comes down to chance, you apply it a likelihood and roll for it.

I think some bonus would be applied. Such as an athlete getting +5 (or +10) to a race.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Kj's description is most apt. It'd be things like that. For example, say Thomas and James had a sparring match. In that case, it'd be a roll since they are both trained swordsmen.

I think some bonus would be applied. Such as an athlete getting +5 (or +10) to a race.
That make sense, yes.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Thats what a likelihood would be, I'd imagine.
So someone completely unfit would need anywhere between a 15-20 to win the race, while the athlete would only need 5-10 or so.
Would depend on other factors too, I'd imagine.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

If a bonus would be applied, then it's not a situation where luck would really apply.

They're better at it.

Unless the other guy can somehow bring it down to their level, the athlete would probably win without rolling anything unless the other guy is just really really good phsycially, which would nullify the bonus anyway.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

If a bonus would be applied, then it's not a situation where luck would really apply.

They're better at it.

Unless the other guy can somehow bring it down to their level, the athlete would probably win without rolling anything unless the other guy is just really really good phsycially, which would nullify the bonus anyway.
Twice as strong =/= twice as likely to succeed.

Maybe the athlete was a bit tired, maybe the newbie had a burst of energy.
And there's other things as well, such as sports, where the best can lose to the worst.

Though trained things, like tying your shoe laces and field stripping an AK-47 would always succeed.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

They're better at it.

Twice as strong =/= twice as likely to succeed.

Maybe the athlete was a bit tired, maybe the newbie had a burst of energy.
And there's other things as well, such as sports, where the best can lose to the worst.

Though trained things, like tying your shoe laces and field stripping an AK-47 would always succeed.

Except sports are trained things.

A person that can run at 10 mph for 3 minutes will almost ALWAYS beat a person that can run for 7 mph for 10 minutes in a sprint, and opposite for extended runs. The 'weakest' are almost never going to win simply because they CAN'T RUN THAT WELL AND HAVE NOT TRAINED FOR IT.

The runner being tired or the other guy suddenly gaining superpowers can happen, but you should only roll if the only thing that has bearing on the thing is chance and the players themselves. Circumstances can cause things to even out, but barring those specific circumstances, a roll really shouldn't be required.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:58:21 pm by ragnarok97071 »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eclipse Heights- Your Body Was Not Ready Edition?

Indeed, I do this.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Eclipse Heights -- Please Do Not Pet the Dragons
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Eclipse Heights -- Too Many Innuendos Edition
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eclipse Heights- Just FUCK Already Edition :P

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 534