Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 406755 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or if the kitsune lack competition. For one, Domovoi are equally immortal (or, at least, I haven't found a myth describing how one dies). Just far fewer in number and far easier to kill.
Yeah, but wouldn't that mean there would only be spirits and gods?
Not if bubble nucleation occurs. At that point reality ceases to exist and everything dies.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Also it was stated that if a kitsune's soul is destroyed, it'll still just make a new one, just without its memories, so it's impossible to actually reduce the population, meaning that even if only one in a million of them go on to breed, eventually everything would be kitsune simply by elimination, since any offspring produced are always kitsune.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Not if the souls are imprisoned instead of killed.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Simple, something obviously goes out and permakills large numbers of kitsune once every so often. A necessary magical fox hitler.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also it was stated that if a kitsune's soul is destroyed, it'll still just make a new one, just without its memories, so it's impossible to actually reduce the population, meaning that even if only one in a million of them go on to breed, eventually everything would be kitsune simply by elimination, since any offspring produced are always kitsune.
They can just be sealed away. Like via an event horizon. Or magically-enhanced fuzzball. Or just removing all pointers to them.

Also, as long as they get killed repeatedly so rapidly they don't get a chance to reproduce...

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Simple, something obviously goes out and permakills large numbers of kitsune once every so often. A necessary magical fox hitler.

I want this to be canon.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Okay, so I have no idea what you just said.

What if the body is destroyed? No trace?
I think the point is you'd need to destroy the soul. Which I'd imagine is very damn difficult to do. Which makes it go from "immortal" to "virtually immortal".

But, it's quite easy to just seal something away. Or just to break something with psychological trauma.

This. Also, wouldn't sheer math mean that this would mean that every being in the universe would eventually be a kitsune by the simple fact that they can't die and anything that they breed with defaults to kitsune?
No, because assuming a cyclical universe, most Kitsune wouldn't get through to the next one, even if they prepared. They'd only get one shot at it afterall, and a slight fuckup would end in nonexistence. Or they simply didn't want to continue existing. Or simply just wanted to watch the creation of a universe before letting themselves unravel into the void after aeons and aeons of boredom. Eternity isn't something mortals were meant to handle. And even though the Kitsune do end up with some divine traits by the later tails, they're still mortal in mind. There's a reason there's only one 10tail and none ever get further. They just burn out and return to the void. They've seen it all. Experienced it all. What else is there to do?

And not to mention defaults are born from effectively nothing nearly constantly once life starts up.

Or if the kitsune lack competition. For one, Domovoi are equally immortal (or, at least, I haven't found a myth describing how one dies). Just far fewer in number and far easier to kill.
Yeah, but wouldn't that mean there would only be spirits and gods?
Presumably at the beginning of each creation cycle, yes.

Vessels fracture eventually.

The issue is most reformed ones don't end up in a corporal body again. They don't remember how to. They don't even remember they can. They're indistinguishable from Stage 1 fox spirits, outside of the severe power level deviances.

I don't think that's necessary.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Actually kevak by your own description there is one. It's just an event rather than a being. Basically, armegeddon happens and most of them are like naaah I'm out because they get bored and don't feel like figuring out what kind of weird shit will happen with the next permutation.

Eve is fuking disappoint at them, by the way.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

An infinitely repeating genocide of fox-people, every second for forever. I like it.

Also, I can think of a LOT of things to do with an eternity. Like unravelling the path of creation. Or furthering it. Or exploring it. Plenty of things to do for immortal all powerful ones. Just through sheer endless cycles, eventually it would be nothing but the survivors of the last trillion runs.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

You clearly lack the power of seeing the hilarity in innocent beings dying.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

An infinitely repeating genocide of fox-people, every second for forever. I like it.

Also, I can think of a LOT of things to do with an eternity. Like unravelling the path of creation. Or furthering it. Or exploring it. Plenty of things to do for immortal all powerful ones.

This is why Eve is disappoint.

They have not only an infinity, but an INFINITY of infinities to explore, and they just die.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

You clearly lack the power of seeing the hilarity in innocent beings dying.

Especially since magical fox hitler is right.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

This is why Eve is disappoint. They have not only an infinity, but an INFINITY of infinities to explore, and they just die.

Watch. This is apparently all of reality, as far as we're aware.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want this to be canon.
Plus as long as something isn't omnipotent, it's not truly immortal. Since otherwise something powerful enough can just destroy the immortality first.

Darren's going to figure out how to and become your magical fox hitler, isn't he?

No, because assuming a cyclical universe, most Kitsune wouldn't get through to the next one, even if they prepared.
A cyclic universe is a rather large assumption to make.

Assuming it uses a vessel. A region of space-time so twisted the universe ends by in the subjective instant it takes something to enter it, like a blackhole can work. Information manipulation, like Pointer Manipulation can just remove all evidence of something's existence so that it stops thinking and becomes unretreivable as it is a single procedure rather than a continuous effect.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

When it comes down to it, Kitsune are foxes in the end. Even as nearly divine reality warpers.

They still get bored. They still get tired. And they still decide they've experienced enough.

Also, I can think of a LOT of things to do with an eternity. Like unravelling the path of creation. Or furthering it. Or exploring it. Plenty of things to do for immortal all powerful ones.

This is why Eve is disappoint.

They have not only an infinity, but an INFINITY of infinities to explore, and they just die.
The main problem would be that no previous permutation produced a Kitsune with just the right mindset to push onwards. Kiri sorta is close, but since each catalyzing tends to change the personality somewhat, he might either get into it or drift away from it as the years drag on.

I want this to be canon.
Plus as long as something isn't omnipotent, it's not truly immortal. Since otherwise something powerful enough can just destroy the immortality first.

Darren's going to figure out how to and become your magical fox hitler, isn't he?

No, because assuming a cyclical universe, most Kitsune wouldn't get through to the next one, even if they prepared.
A cyclic universe is a rather large assumption to make.

Assuming it uses a vessel. A region of space-time so twisted the universe ends by in the subjective instant it takes something to enter it, like a blackhole can work. Information manipulation, like Pointer Manipulation can just remove all evidence of something's existence so that it stops thinking and becomes unretreivable as it is a single procedure rather than a continuous effect.
Read: They get bored and decide to die. Time is the best reaper.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 534