Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: On the Use of Dragons: The Raising of Beasts  (Read 5061 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On the Use of Dragons: The Raising of Beasts
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2011, 05:52:05 am »

Syrius barely suppressed the look of scorn in his eyes. Really? Liquid fire launched from dragonback? Why had no one else thought of that. Oh, right, because it doesn't work.

"Yess, of coursse. Bring me a dragon and I will design a cheirosiphōn- or rather, an ejderhasiphōn- to be mounted upon it."

Smile, nod, and get out of there. There is no reasoning with madmen. Build him his siphon, and hope he dies trying to use it.
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2011, 03:37:10 am »

Don't ya just hate 504s?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 04:32:17 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2011, 03:38:18 am »

William

After tying the horse down, you cautiously come nearer to the campsite. You squirm into a ruined old log, and watch. There are nine of them. None of them are familiar at all, but you can at least tell that they've been travelling for a while; both men and horses look tired and hungry. They seem to have set up two tents at their camp, not enough to fit all if them however. Most must be sleeping on the cold and wet ground. You try listening to any conversation, but none of them seem to be in the mood except for a pair of dark-looking fellows, and they're not even speaking English! As your frustration grows, you accidentally make a hole in the log, making quite a bit of noise. Fortunately, it only attracts a passing look from one or two of them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vladimir Boleslaw

"Madmen, spies, heretics!" You scream out, hoping for someone to come. Course, that won't be helping you right now. Vladimir scrambles up the scaffolding, with amazing grace. As you climb, you grab a bowl of paint and throw it at your pursuer. Course you never had good aim and it lands on the floor, with a wooden noise. The man simply climbs up, with ease. He even reaches you and pulls your leg. Unfortunately for Vladimir, this man had an iron grip, and pulled him off the scaffolding...and falls. Would have died had he not latched onto the scaffolding, saving his life for now. You hear running a distance away. Looking around, you see that the Greek has disappeared. The little man is practically fuming at your survival, and is cursing at you. He's also trying to get down to you. Perhaps this wasn't the wisest course of action?

Albrecht McFinod

After wrapping the thing in some cloth, you walk towards your hut...wherever that is. Actually, your not even sure your in Leinster anymore, or even Ireland anymore...best to find out. After a few hours of walking, you sight what appears to be a village. Not too different from your own...Cept it happens to have a giant sea serpent corpse running through the whole of it. The villagers seem to be trying to clear the thing away. As you look at it, you make the obvious connection that this is the same serpent that attacked you. It looks rotten and has hundreds of little "wounds".

To your right is a cliff wall, too high for you to cross, your left is the sea, and forwards is the aforementioned village, still with a sea serpent corpse. Your still not sure where you are.

Markus Ferroniad

"Ah, so you need it to study the intricacies of Our Lord's creation, eh? Well in that case it's...100 gold. A bargain really."

Your honestly not sure if he's lying or not, when was the last time you saw a dragon for sale and found out the price? Regardless, you don't have enough coin.

But this is a city after all, you can find quite a few jobs...

Syrius Serpentus

"Yes, yes. Get to work. No need delaying you.."

Soon after your out of the manor and in your workshop. Now...how are you going to do this? Making the weapon isn't hard...But you usually give it to a soldier and tell him to fire or put it on a ship, how is Serpentus going to put it on a dragon? They don't really teach you this, it is a stupid idea after all...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2011, 04:27:14 am »

Alright, they probably won't do anything interesting for now, so:

> Go home.

EDIT: Actually:
> Check for any distinguishing features on the soldiers.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 04:28:50 am by fergus »
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2011, 04:28:52 am »

Albrecht was not the most learned man, but he was far from a fool. He knew creatures of the ocean moved much faster than any man in a boat-so, he reasoned, he might have travelled many leagues undersea in the serpents belly before washing up here. Covered in green slime as he was, he would certainly have a story to tell...assuming they spoke what he spoke. The question was, had it dropped him here intentionally or not?

He circled the town, and hid the thing underneath a low footbridge-before heading into town.

Action: Hide the fleshy thing! Head into the town and try to find out where I am, and how the serpent got here.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On the Usse of Dragonss: The Raissing of Beasstss
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2011, 11:31:42 am »

Even the greatesst craftssman cannot work without materialss.

I could not build a ssiphon if I did not know the ssize of a man; I cannot build the edjerhassiphon if I do not know the ssize of a dragon.

The ssoldierss musst bring me a dragon. Order the ssoldierss to bring me a (war) dragon, upon which I can basse my dessignss.

((Welp that looks stupid. I think I'll just stick to speech for the hissing))
Long Live United Forenia!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2011, 12:37:38 pm »

As they say, discretion is the better part of valor.

RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2011, 04:47:35 pm »

Bump for Furtuka. Because it's really hard to keep RP games like this alive.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2011, 05:00:50 pm »

... It's only been 4 hours. I just got home from school. -_-

>I go look for a quick way to raise money

It's FEF, not FEOF

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2011, 05:03:00 pm »

Only because of GM inactivity...And well I try to update every two days.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2011, 09:25:10 pm »

William

The only thing that you really notice is the dark skin of two of the men. Besides that, they all look normal. William stays in his spot to watch.

Some time later the nine gather around the campfire to eat. William glimpse a shield on one of their arms. Two lions facing each other, with bows held in their arms. Red in colour with a blue background. William has never seen a coat of arms like that, but then again he is a peasant.

You hear them talk as they eat, and hear their voices. The dark-skinned men speak in a strange tongue unknown to William, and the others...well it sounds familiar...Wait, yes its French. The nobles spoke French all the time; they were Normans after all. But what were these people doing out here in the middle of nowhere?

Vladimir Boleslaw

Jumping down from the scaffolds, you run out of the cathedral and into the surrounding maze of materials and benches. You lose the limping dwarf in it and escape into a narrow alley. You keep on moving, eventually reaching a main street. You can smell smoke in the air, probably some cooking fire or the such.

As you walk the street, probably back to your home, you see a caravan of wagons moving down an intersection. Traders, probably. They were heading out west from the looks of it, Vladimir thinks. As he waits for the wagons to pass, a guard runs up and speaks to Vladimir, still huffing due to his running. "Citizen. ug, have you *huff* seen an ugly....lookin *huff* dwarf with a limp? He's *huff* burnt down the cathedral *huff* of St John!"

What!? How are you going to get paid now? The guard anxiously explains that the man was seen somewhere around here.

Albrecht McFinod

After hiding the thing, McFinod wandered into the village proper. A small place, perhaps holding 100 souls, give or take. As McFinod entered the village, he saw a woman clearing away some green muck. She looks at him, and then turns away to continue her work. She doesn't remark on your look at all. She doesn't look all that happy, why would she be? A giant sea monster just crashed into her village and wrecked the place.

McFinod continued into the settlement and went to the centre. Here was the serpent's head, all rotten and wounded. The rest of it's body you could see, snaking through the village with several crushed buildings under it. It stunk to the high heavens. You ask a labouring villager where you are and how the beast got here. He speaks in utter gibberish. "Qu'avez-vous dit?". Your definitely far from home.

Markus Ferroniad

You tell the butcher to hold off for now, offering to buy the creature at a later time. He further raises the price to 150, at which point Markus considers screaming at him. He decides not to and spends the next few days looking for a job all over Bologna. As gifted as you were with your knowledge of mathematics, the histories, and the sciences, no one was looking to hire. Markus was even kicked out of several establishments. He was eventually however given a message, from the bishop himself. What would the bishop need you for?

You find his manor and are guided to him by his servant. He welcomes you and offers you a task; influence the scholars of Bologna into accepting holy war as a right and just thing to do against heathens. He doesn't tell you why however, only promising a great amount of wealth. Do you accept? There are probably some more jobs out there if you look...but that butcher probably won't wait forever.

Syrius Serpentus

After some brusque arguments with the soldiers, especially the dragon-keepers, they allow you to have a dragon. They've brought it over to the square right outside of your workshop. You go out and look at it. Bloody huge.

Bigger than most of the buildings, the dragon probably weighed at least 30 tonnes. It was a dark purple, with great curling horns extending behind the ears. It's tail was at least twice the size of the rest of the body, and its wings were golden and leathery. Upon closer inspection, you see that it has strong limbs and that it's perhaps in its fourth century. Syrius is starting to think he's been given a practical joke.

There are some cows also in the square, probably some snacks for the beast. Chains are attached to it's limbs; probably just to keep the populace calm, they don't look like they would stop the dragon from flying off. You also notice that it looks positively joyous. Or utterly dumb. Very dumb.

New Species discovered: Terasavra

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Make that three days. 504s. Had to do this post twice...So getting Lazarus.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2011, 09:48:50 pm »

(Yeah, the 504's have been wreaking havoc with my update schedule too. I've started making .txt backups as I work)

HERETIC! DEFILER! VANDAL! The loss of the job is bad enough, but the loss of the art is unforgivable- in a church, no less! This senseless act of desecration and destruction cannot go unavenged!

Tell the guard everything- about the murderous dwarf as well as the Greek who seemed to be in charge. I swear by Saint John, I'll see justice done!

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2011, 10:41:08 pm »

> Go home and ask about the coat of arms the next morning.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2011, 11:20:57 pm »

I spend a little bit to check for other options
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2011, 09:00:21 am »

McFinod was far from home. He knew the man probably couldn't understand him, but he tried anyway...

"Are you asking who I am? I'm a sailor! From Ireland. Ire-Land. Irelandish? Do you know anyone who speaks my language?"

Action: Try to communicate with the man, at least getting him to direct me toward a hopefully Gaelic speaking person.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:20:59 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5