Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1221083 times)

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #480 on: November 09, 2010, 08:08:37 am »

Elves don't like to harm the earth, that includes cutting into it.
Besides, have you never broken a branch from a tree? You'd be supprised just how much wood you can get without killing trees you know.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 09, 2010, 09:19:28 am »

Elves don't like to harm the earth, that includes cutting into it.
Besides, have you never broken a branch from a tree? You'd be supprised just how much wood you can get without killing trees you know.
yeah but then a branch is like a throat to trees(leaves are mouths) have that snap off must be painful.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 09, 2010, 10:58:16 am »

yeah but then a branch is like a throat to trees(leaves are mouths) have that snap off must be painful.

No, they're not. Trees don't feel pain.

But yes, Elves making everything from wood still doesn't make sense though.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 09, 2010, 11:46:34 am »

Well, sensible people know that trees don't feel pain, but who's ever accused an elf of having two brain cells to rub together? Their thoughts are usually "TREE=GOOD! DWARF=SHORT! ANIMAL=CAGE TRAP! HERP DERP"

Yeah, I don't like elves. Possibly due to the 40d days when they were more lethal than bronze colossuses because of their arrows...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 09, 2010, 12:58:12 pm »

No, they're not. Trees don't feel pain.

But yes, Elves making everything from wood still doesn't make sense though.
well in a personified way if one think of photosynthesis, yet you are correct Trees can't emote Pain, Ent's on the other hand.

didn't threetoe's stories say elves are mostly the booze up folk who only go high and mighty outside of their lands, or was it that one band of elves?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Horizonblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 09, 2010, 01:34:17 pm »

I put the leaves on to show that the sword was still alive.  Like a mini tree.
Keeping a plant alive by bathing it in Sasquach blood sounds elven to me.
When in doubt:  More Lever!

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
  • Buggrit, millennium hand and shrimp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 09, 2010, 03:53:24 pm »

I put the leaves on to show that the sword was still alive.  Like a mini tree.
Keeping a plant alive by bathing it in Sasquach blood sounds elven to me.

Now thats something that fits a bit better into the elven culture. I can imagine them growing their own armor sets and weapons.
Does that make elven arrows some kind of sprouts, with fresh, sometimes even living, flesh being the only place fit for them to put down their roots?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 09, 2010, 05:09:30 pm »

Quite simply:

I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 09, 2010, 05:24:32 pm »

Does that make elven arrows some kind of sprouts, with fresh, sometimes even living, flesh being the only place fit for them to put down their roots?
You mean like, they embed roots on contact, to establish a tree later, even if the arrow is removed?
That'd be like the Aliens from Alien, only.. In tree form.

Man, I don't feel too good.. I think I'm gunna barf!
...*pop*
OH GOD, IT'S A SAPLING!
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 10, 2010, 06:14:49 am »

You mean like, they embed roots on contact, to establish a tree later, even if the arrow is removed?
That'd be like the Aliens from Alien, only.. In tree form.

Man, I don't feel too good.. I think I'm gunna barf!
...*pop*
OH GOD, IT'S A SAPLING!
It's more likely than you think.

I wanted to draw some of this story (particularly the second last paragraph), but I have no talent for such things. Think of it like a picture with words:

Usu Umackara "Botherheats" left the town she had trained in during the summer of 1050, to try her axe against the world. She was ambushed by a cougar, but decapitated it easily, and butchered its corpse - eating the prepared brain for sustenance. After travelling some more, she was ambushed by wolves. She crushed this ambush as readily as the first, and was munching down on the delicious wolf brains when she was ambushed by a brown bear. "Hah!" She said, "If I can kill wolves after all the horror stories I've heard, a single bear will be a cinch!" She came in swinging, slicing open the bear's femural artery. The bear charged, but Usu dodged with ease. She retaliated by giving the bear a gash across the chest. It was then that the bear bit her right thigh with as much force as it could muster. Usu screamed and tried to get away, but the bear kept on shaking the wound. She started to hack wildly at the bear, and eventually, in a mist of mixed blood, it died. She disengaged its jaws to find that she could not feel her leg, much less stand on it. And by the size of the wound, she wasn't long for this world anyway. As a last act of vengeance, she crawled forwards and carefully butchered the bear. She took a sip of water from her flask, started eating the bear's brain, and waited for death. But death never came.

Usu crawled back to the nearest town, Camustathra. Night had fallen by the time she got there. After searching for the nearest shelter, she entered, finding many of people lying on the floor asleep. She saw the warlord among them, and a spark grew behind her eyes. She could never walk again, but maybe she could go out in a blaze of glory. She woke him up and asked him if they needed anything slayed. The warlord looked her up and down (mostly down), and decided to trust her with an appropriate task: "Kill Urus Standcanyons the Adventurous Strength. He has killed eighty-eight in his lust for murder!"

If Usu was to put what she thought just then into words, the nearest translation would be "Fuck that shit". So instead of a blaze of glory, she chose a blaze of infamy. She decapitated the warlord with a swing from her position on the floor and rolled over to face the mob. Except there was no mob. Everyone, from the cheesemakers to the recruits, was fast asleep. So Usu went around and hacked every one of them to bits, except the last; a child. The child just looked so peaceful sleeping there, that she couldn't bear to amputate all its limbs. So instead she broke all its bones and then choked it to death. With no repercussions to speak of, Usu decided to go out and kill the damnable hydra.

Of course, the hydra was in a cave. It was labyrinthine, and dull. Besides killing blind cave bears and lighting various trees on fire, there was nothing down there. The hydra was too well hidden. But Usu did find something interesting: a magma vent. Bored to tears, Usu decided to end it all and jump into the vent. She landed in the sea of magma, and somehow bled to death. The end.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 10, 2010, 08:54:30 am »

^Didn't that story (the new article you linked) turn out to be fake?

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 10, 2010, 10:20:36 pm »

^Didn't that story (the new article you linked) turn out to be fake?
I wasn't aware of that. I can't find any substantive support or dismissals of it, but I do agree that it is probably fake. Still, it was mentioned on the internet, so it must be true!

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 10, 2010, 11:30:44 pm »

I thought elves coaxed trees to grow their equipment? With swords and such growing like fruit.
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 11, 2010, 03:06:03 am »

Probably, but most people here wish to demonize them as much as possible. As far as the game code is concerned right now, they just spawn wooden things out of nothingness and the amount of trees stays the same or increases in their Forest Retreat range.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 14, 2010, 02:55:19 am »

I need someone to draw picture of my dwarven adventurer killing his last foe.  He has a just a cat leather robe and many scars on his left arm a big jagged one is the most notable.  He has a huge gaping wound were his heart is with blood spilling out.  He is grabbing a sword embedded into a bowgoblin's chest and using it to cute its head off.
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 365