Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1222807 times)

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #660 on: February 15, 2011, 12:33:33 am »

No, gelding isn't in yet.

8)

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 15, 2011, 01:54:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will never look at axe dwarves the same way again...

why does the blue grape have a white banana on it  :P

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 15, 2011, 04:22:54 am »

That also reminds me.
When you cut someone, chances are that you'll open an artery.
Why is it that we never hit veins, even when we lop off the entire limb?
Medically speaking, vein damage isn't as important. You'll possibly lose a limb due to infection or lack of circulation, but that wouldn't be something someone would notice before dying otherwise in a battle probably.
There tends to be less bleeding than you would think as well, since the vein tends to collapse when severed. Yes, outside of battle this becomes a problem, but for the sake of combat medicine (which is the only kind to dorfs) it's pretty low priority.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #663 on: February 15, 2011, 03:09:38 pm »

@Proberoo: Haha, nice. And by all means, stick to your own style, it's awesome. :D

@Stone Wera: Well alright then, i shall keep pouring ground almonds and jellyfish on my monitor. Also, thanks. :>

I was playing as a bearman (i doubt humies could do it), but hey, biting bogeys in half.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 15, 2011, 04:15:10 pm »

Actually, I think I've done that with a human ...

Bogeymen: so terrifying yet so bite-able.
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 15, 2011, 05:06:20 pm »

Actually, I think I've done that with a human ...

Bogeymen: so terrifying yet so bite-able.

That's actually the easiest way for me to kill them when I'm using a blunt weapon.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #666 on: February 15, 2011, 07:45:14 pm »

So instead of all that dandy combat maneuvering, we just have to go beserk and bite them to death? Handy. I gotta try making an epic biting adventurer at some point. No fancy schmancy weapons, just me and my teeth. The obvious disadvantage would be that people can punch teeth out, but hey, i'll bite their hands off before that happens. :U
And speaking of which...

Teeth are powerful weapons in this game.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 15, 2011, 08:14:36 pm »

I just recruited a companion.
We leave the fortress, and walk up to the river as we try to get far enough away to travel.
Soon as we reach the river, said companion is attacked by an alligator and dragged into the water.
He's drowning and being mauled.
You can't get more Red Shirt than that.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 15, 2011, 08:56:58 pm »

Shook, I want to see how well you can do action.

As an AxeNord (yes I downloaded Genesis even though it has genital mods) I had gained quite the reputation, and was tasked by the lord of a fortress to slay a manticore to the far East. On the way me and my small army were ambushed while travelling through a valley. We were out numbered at least two to one, and a companion I had recruited at the beginning of my adventures was mortally wounded and set upon by two spearmen. I rushed to his aid, hacking off limbs and heads like it was nothing. Soon more bandits came, five surrounded me, including the ring leader. At that point I became enraged, and immediately opened Internet Explorer, went to Youtube and put on Burning Heart. Reopenign the DF window I proceeded to hack away at the numerous rogues around me, heads flew from their shoulders, but I was soon outnumbered, and they managed to over power me, jamming a blade through my skull. I might be asking a bit much, here, but if you don't want to you don't have to.

EDIT: Also probably worth noting that I struck the ring leader in the groin, sending his member flying, and would have strangled him with it if I weren't overpowered and pulled away from him. I'm afriad it might be a bit too graphic though, so I left it out. If you want to include it, go ahead.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:25:19 pm by Stone Wera »

Proberoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 15, 2011, 09:23:34 pm »

Your boogey man comics are my favorite Shook, haha.  :D

We leave the fortress, and walk up to the river as we try to get far enough away to travel.
Soon as we reach the river, said companion is attacked by an alligator and dragged into the water.

I kinda rushed this one, but here's my go at it.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 15, 2011, 09:25:56 pm »

Your boogey man comics are my favorite Shook, haha.  :D

I kinda rushed this one, but here's my go at it.
Good job on the comic, it made me laugh.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 16, 2011, 02:07:50 pm »

So reading through this thread and I ran across the posts back on page 20-something. The posts in question were some crazy scribblings of randomness that nobody could decipher. The artist linked the site (http://mrdoob.com/projects/harmony) and I found myself playing around with it for a couple minutes. Decided to see if I could make something that wasn't absolutely indecipherable with the provided tools. So all major work was done in that tool, with some minor touch-ups and text added in via MSPaint on Win7. Also, this did not actually happen to any adventurers of mine, but seemed like it was fitting of DF. Enjoy!
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Proberoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 16, 2011, 03:38:55 pm »

Not bad!  The style certainly is unique.  Though I can't help wonder what became of Urist after throwing his spear and being surrounded by the rest of the pack.  :P

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 16, 2011, 04:03:08 pm »

WATCHING
<.< >.>
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 16, 2011, 05:02:59 pm »

So reading through this thread and I ran across the posts back on page 20-something. The posts in question were some crazy scribblings of randomness that nobody could decipher. The artist linked the site (http://mrdoob.com/projects/harmony) and I found myself playing around with it for a couple minutes. Decided to see if I could make something that wasn't absolutely indecipherable with the provided tools. So all major work was done in that tool, with some minor touch-ups and text added in via MSPaint on Win7. Also, this did not actually happen to any adventurers of mine, but seemed like it was fitting of DF. Enjoy!
I remember using a drawing program like this when I was making some Slenderman related pictures. It was pretty Fun, but at times I cOUldN't Draw anYthing that lOoked Unique.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 365