Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn! III  (Read 28158 times)

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn! III
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2015, 12:52:41 am »

Elimination I Match XI
Gereth the Avenger VS. Gladiatord of the Wilds

Spoiler: Gladiators (click to show/hide)

This next match takes place in Castletop! Facing off today we have Dwarf and Snail-man, to be locked in combat to the death!

On one side is Gereth the Avenger, weighing in at 35,000 Urists. He's brought something of a grudge to this match, and is ready to shell out some serious vengeance. After his entire tribe save himself was annihilated by dwarves, he's sworn to kill each and every one of them, personally. He's come here to build fame and kill dwarves, and here comes a dwarf.

The dwarf in question is Gladiatord of the Wilds! Not much is known about this dwarfish competitor, other than his fondness for hitting things with an axe, and his boundless ambition to murder his way to the top of the arena! He weighs a solid 60,000 Urists, and has leaves stuck in his beard. What kind of weird blighter doesn't even clean his beard.

It's Snail VS Dwarf, axe vs mace, shield vs copper armour, it's FIGHT TIME!

Spoiler: Battle Gif (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle Log (click to show/hide)

The gladiators launch into a brawl immediately, with Gereth smashing out some of the Gladiatord's teeth! More blows are traded, with the odd nick here and there, until a mighty blow to the chest from Gladiatord's axe knocks Gereth's helm from his head and his mace from his grasp. Seeing his chance, the Gladiatord immediately slashes through Gereth's neck, sending his head flying and his body tumbling down the slopes of the Arena. The Gladiatord wins!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:23:25 am by Mavell_Duceau »

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2015, 01:22:53 am »

Elimination I Match XII
Kutsmob Dangodna of the Infamous Malice VS. Lucette Stone, Daughter of Lucan

Here we are again on the lofty path of Vertigo! Facing off today are Kutsmob Dangodna, and Lucette stone, dagger against longsword.

Kutsmob Dangodna of the Infamous Malice is a goblin, and a nasty piece of work at that. The little blighter has some freakish knife skills, twirling his dagger menacingly whenever he thinks someone's looking, but he's also completely unarmoured! if he's relying on just a bronze dagger to fight his foe, things could go wrong fast!

And against him is something of a competitive dynasty. Lucette Stone, daughter of Lucan, an unfortunately unsuccessful gladiator from the previous tournament. She's come to redeem her name, win glory, and chop people into teeny little pieces. With sword and shield, and leather armour, Lucette is ready to take down her greenskinned foe!

Noble redemption versus a fondness for stabbing, let the round begin!

Oh dear. In something of a shameful repeat performance for the Stone family, this fight was over in short order. Kutsmob simply stabbed Lucette once in the leg, before tearing her brain with a brutal shanking directly applied to the forehead. Kutsmob Dangodna wins!

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2015, 01:41:02 am »

Elimination I Match XIII
Swine-rat VS. Krurgak "The Clamps" Thoractor

We return again to Heat Stroke, to see some truly monstrous gladiators facing off against one another. We have Swine-Rat the Boar-Woman, against Krurgak the Crab-Man!

Swine-Rat has been a slave all her life, and her last escape attempt earned her a involuntary sentence to the Arena. She's a mighty competitor, weighing in at 75,000 Urists, the second boarfolk in the arena. I'm sure she'll fry up nicely on the hot rocks of the arena. I can already smell the scent of roasting pig trotters coming through her boots.

Facing off against her is the 39,000 Urist, Krurgak "The Clamps" Thoractor! A champion of many smaller aquatic arenas, this bareskinned, unarmed crabman is a master of barepincered brawling, with his terrifying claws pinching many a sensitive organ on his fights. He may be turning a delicious shade of red in the arena heat, but he's still up for a fight!

Slave against champion, boar-woman fighting crab-man! Let the brawl commence!

Hot damn! In a startling reversal, the veteran brawler goes from finding his first strike blocked, to immediately finding his hips divorced from his torso. A resounding landslide victory for the mighty boar-woman! A round of applause for Swine-Rat and her titanic blow, and a delicious baked crab dinner for the janitor-ettin.

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2015, 02:18:43 am »

Elimination I Match XIV
SMASH!!! >:( VS. Dokem the Delicious

Here we are in Water Hazard, to see a delectable duel!

On one side is SMASH!!! >:(, a troll. Trolls being noted for crawling around in caverns, killing things and eating them, and eating plump helmets. On the other side is a walking plump helmet. Oh dear.

SMASH!!! >:( is big, intimidating, and very specific about his full name being used. Given that he weighs 250,000 Urists and has a morningstar he can swing hard enough to shatter stone, I don't think I'll choose to disrespect that. Today, we'll see if SMASH!!! >:( is hungry enough to chow down  on his fungal opponent.

Dokem the Delicious, on the other hand, is exactly what he sounds like. Delectable mushroom flesh, in the vague shape of a man armed with shield, spear, and an alarming proficiency with both. They're full of spores, anger, and 50,000 Urists worth of wine and roasts just waiting to happen!

Will the prey become the predator? Or will natures order win out, and will Dokem prove his name?

A stream of blows get traded between the troll and his lunch straight out of the gate! Dokem blocks each of SMASH!!! >:('s strikes, whilst getting small nicks in all the while! Eventually Dokem pulverises one of SMASH!!! >:('s toes with his bare hand, apparently stunning his huge opponent! From there, a stab to the head is followed by a stab to the head, followed by a dozen more stabs  in a grisly prolonged murder, until eventually the stony skull of the trollish warrior splits apart under the rain of stabbings. Prey triumphs, and Dokem the Delicious wins!

On a separate note, the final two rounds in this first elimination will take a little longer to turn up, because reasons.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:48:20 am by Mavell_Duceau »

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2015, 10:34:16 am »

Thanks for filling in for Unraveller! My bloodlust is quenched. Also, one of my gladiators finally made it past the first round :). Gereth fought well.

Nosam T

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2015, 11:08:14 am »

Thanks for filling in for Unraveller! My bloodlust is quenched. Also, one of my gladiators finally made it past the first round :). Gereth fought well.
Thank you, as did Gladiatord. The comentairy was excellent and I also appreciate that you filled in for Unraveller, Mavell, thank you.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2015, 11:17:37 am »

Rigged!  Rigged I say!  My Gladiator was literally standing on top of the little bugger when the fight started :(  Ah well, them's the breaks.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2015, 01:15:27 pm »

This is getting interesting.....emm managed her first match....for round two I can amp up her skills more.....or I could give her armor.....hmmmmm.....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2015, 02:55:21 pm »

Can we start upgrading our gladiators now?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2015, 03:35:52 pm »

Thanks for hosting the tournament, Duceau. And Unraveller, don't forget that you don't owe us anything; you already hosted two tournaments and nobody's going to hold it against you. Don't worry about it.

This is getting interesting.....emm managed her first match....for round two I can amp up her skills more.....or I could give her armor.....hmmmmm.....

I'd suggest defensive skills over armour. Without a high Armour level and some decent armour it's just going to be a waste of points, and anything tough enough to protect you (iron, at least) is just going to slow you down.

As for myself, here's Dokem's updated sheet. Good fight, NAV.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 08:16:10 pm by Ruludos »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2015, 04:17:32 pm »

can someone check my math?

round 2 ---emm the swift

knife adept (140)
dodgeing expert (180)
expert observer (108)
 addy dagger 192 points (not changed)

7 points remaining

if all this is right, this will be emm's round to layout, I amped up her knife skill a bit, and gave her dodging and observing skill.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2015, 04:20:11 pm »

Here's Gladiatord's updated sheet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2015, 04:31:57 pm »

Xub, I think you forgot a few points. You get whatever your racial base is, plus double your leftovers. In your case you get six points plus the 220 base for being a dwarf, not just the six.

Blaze, I double-checked your math and it seems you messed up somewhere. You get an extra 280 points plus the twenty-six from your leftovers, leaving you with 586 points. I tallied everything up and you've spent 620 points.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2015, 05:12:37 pm »

220 to spend.

+25 for Proficient Dodging
+25 for Proficient Hammer
+30 for Talented Armor
+15 for Competent Observer

Same Silver Hammer, Leather helm/mail/gauntlets/boots, the biker bar bouncer from hell.

Think I'm keeping the other 125 in reserve for Neezentoz atm.

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2015, 06:08:41 pm »

Ah, thanks everybody for all the compliments, i'm glad i didn't dissapoint. I'll try and punch the last two rounds into submission later today. And Immortal-D, as far as i can tell what happened with your fight is that the first bit of the fight didnt get recorded properly, but it did take place. I think.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14