Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Challenge Thread: Super Savannah  (Read 8901 times)

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge Thread: Super Savannah
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2008, 12:02:12 pm »

You're sure you tried it on a clean installation of Dwarf Fortress? Having any new creatures in your RAW files will mess up what lives in all the various places.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

iluogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2008, 12:04:13 pm »

it depends on when you stop the world gen history. Maybe you can upload the save file?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2008, 12:07:14 pm »

You're sure you tried it on a clean installation of Dwarf Fortress? Having any new creatures in your RAW files will mess up what lives in all the various places.

I had a mod, but I took it out to gen the world.  Could it be the operating system?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2008, 12:28:13 pm »

I doubt it.

Well, I just ran world gen again and the guy survives from year 1 in that cave until 385. After he died there were apparently no named creatures left to take his place.

Save file:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=616
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 12:44:01 pm by Skid »
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2008, 06:01:47 pm »

I just downloaded the save and I'm gonna have a go at it.  Still gonna need someone to tell me how dfma works though.

Whoops, ran into another problem:  I have v. 40c.  Oh well, I guess I'll just post my challenges on another thread.  By the way, I remembered what the other one was   :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 06:18:31 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2008, 11:36:49 pm »

Wait, why not just use 40d?

Also, pregenerated worlds work between 40c and 40d.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2008, 11:42:14 pm »

Wait, why not just use 40d?

Also, pregenerated worlds work between 40c and 40d.

Well, I have a few home-made mods, and I want to keep my ability to use Tweak on some of my just-for-laughs forts.  It can be tricky updating.  :(
Just so I remember

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2008, 01:50:43 am »

Tweak works in 40d.  I use it.
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2008, 07:36:11 am »

Tweak works in 40d.  I use it.

Oh, cool.  I have the new version now and the downloaded save is working.

It is only a matter of time before I finish this, and not much time at that.

Oh no.  There are undead fish here . . . and I accidently brought picks and an anvil since I used play now!  Oh well, time to abandon and reclaim
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 08:13:45 am by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2008, 08:22:17 am »

Okay I did it.  The Cyclps tried to ambush the Play Now! reclaim party.  Didn't work for him.  Also, I remembered not to bring picks that time.

Here's the movie:  http://mkv25.net/dfma/usermovies.php

So did I actually win or did the initial party ruin the whole thing?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 08:36:11 am by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2008, 10:57:41 am »

Eh, it's been long enough I guess I can consider this a win.

What's your challenge?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2008, 11:13:16 am »

Okay here's my other challenge:

You must build a room for the king inside of an adamantine pit.
Rules:
-You must prevent any other demons from being able to come out of the pit after you defeat the first wave (I've thought of a few ways, but I want to see what you come up with.
-it must be on a haunted, 3x3 map with adamantine (obviously), and there must be a chasm >:D

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 07:15:14 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2008, 11:16:51 am »

You should probably provide world gen parameters to get that situation. You see, we're all lazy people, and we don't like looking for stuff.  :P

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2008, 11:25:13 am »

1.  world_gen info
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or you can download the world (I found this in another bay12 thread): http://www.walkingshadows.org/cmcguigan/castleofblazes/World_of_caves.zip

A picture of the embark location:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Since it's probably best that we don't have the same people posting their challenges over and over again, I think we can just use this map since it matches my description.  Well, mostly.  Terrifying works just fine.

Edit:  This isn't too hard is it?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 07:14:10 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 2 [3]