Poll

[Insert new poll shenanigans here later]

When there is a poll again.
- 0 (0%)
Or maybe when there isn't.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39

Author Topic: Crystalline - Cycle 84  (Read 79606 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Crystalline - Cycle 80
« Reply #495 on: May 02, 2015, 05:40:51 pm »

And heres the status post, as mentioned.

Spoiler: Underground (huger) (click to show/hide)

Finding include forgite capture being an excellent excess energy drain, unknown cave object, geometric radiant crystal structure (mana crystal structure), underground lake, unknown kind of rock.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map legend (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crystal forms (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crystal Cluster forms (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 04:34:16 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 02, 2015, 05:44:30 pm »

Investigate all the underground stuff!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 03, 2015, 08:13:20 am »

The crystal structure when pulsed, replies back in an odd, half-asleep sort of fashion.
...of Continents, what's askin? Busy...syating t'ether. staying t'gether. Bothered enough....before.

The object you're unsure of how to reach. It appears to be floating in the cave center without effort.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 03, 2015, 10:15:06 am »

Try to send in some energy without harming it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 03, 2015, 01:23:15 pm »

Just grow feeler crystals up to it. Give it a lii platform to land on.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 03, 2015, 01:29:06 pm »

Make a research cluster dedicated to figuring out how to fabrican the mana crystals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 03, 2015, 04:36:23 pm »

Try to send in some energy without harming it.
Which it?

Also I fixed the abbr tag in the overseer crystal description, if anyone was looking in there. No longer is all the following text dotted for no reason. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 03, 2015, 04:46:48 pm »

The half asleep one.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Crystalline - Cycle 82
« Reply #503 on: October 27, 2015, 02:38:40 pm »

So you know how I thought we'd need some sort of bigger map? When we are, y'know, a giant crystalline being. We could use sonar/radar/etc instead, which can be described in text, and the areas with some actual relevance (outposts, places with interesting stuff, and so on) can be mapped on one scale or the other. I probably should've thought of that instead of overthinking the whole thing. Detection range is roughly the size of a farseer crystal's sight radius, lets say. Maybe change that once its sorted out. I'll get back to the CAABVSS at somepoint as well, but not right now.
...also I felt kinda encouraged to get on with it when Delegation came back to life, too.

Cycle 82
You yawn, as much as a crystal can do so, and metaphorically sit back up. Enough experimental research is enough, so you throw out the entire section of data you'd been working on the last full cycle and instead get back to experimenting with what is, like the geometrical mana structure. You toss some energy in the general direction of...whatever it is. Lightly.
*indistinct rumbling*
Again. Less carefully.
"Whoever's..tryin for m'tention...is doin' a rubbis' job."
You give up on being careful and just chuck the energy at it.
"The hell do you want, stranger? Yer not anykind of local geology, your power flow is as erratic as the damn liquos arcana, yer mana level is completely rubbish, and you clearly have no idea who I am with that kind of introduction. So before I sort out the Other-damned mess you've made of the local everything, you've got time to explain what you want and why you woke me up from my damn nice nap. It was only a couple centuries."

Whatever it is you woke up, it sounds like a very grumpy magic turtle to you.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map legend (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crystal forms (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crystal Cluster forms (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 27, 2015, 04:12:54 pm »

State that we want knowledge, and woke them up out of curiosity.
Ask who they are.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 27, 2015, 11:27:53 pm »

Yay! It's back!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 28, 2015, 04:47:13 pm »

The grumpy mana turtle construct responds to you, but only after a lengthy pause.
"Well then, at least you don't try to hide what yer here for. Good. Less wasted time.
I am, as named by the Proxians who discovered me, the Determinor of Continents. Myself, I think the title is stupid, thus why I took a nap and ignored them for...about half a century now. Give or take a few years. The name I will ask you to use is simply Thon. It is short and doesn't assume I'm in charge of the entire damn arcana, because of course I'm not. Whoever is currently dealing with the arcanists is, theoretically.
Practically, no one really bothers anyone else since we can't exactly go over and bother other nexuses, being stuck in the ground and all. If you're looking for some arcane leader to talk to, you want to go bother the air. Or the ocean. Or the core, where all the ignis arcana notables screw around in when they aren't causing fires up here. Not me, not any other part of erthys."

It gives you a sort of verbal glare.
"Now when you say knowledge, do you mean magic, or something else, like how to not make an Other-damned mess of the entire area. Because one is significantly less bothersome to explain about than the other.
And a sigh.
Seriously, look at this. How can you detect a damn thing through all this white noise and out of tune mana nodes flaring around your crystal structures? I'm impressed you even found me in all this. Its like you carried an entire nebula down with you, wherever you originated from."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 04:49:56 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 31, 2015, 04:30:29 pm »

> Show of power
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 31, 2015, 08:37:52 pm »

Explain that we aren't primarily magical, and in fact are rather curious as to how it works. Presumably knowing would help us fix what's wrong?

And, you know, figure out and/or tell when something is wrong?

So yeah, in answer to your question, Thon, we'd appreciate the opportunity to learn both. And hopefully be friends, or at least non-enemies?

Oh yeah, and have you heard about these new Alterin guys? They're from space, and think they're invincible. We've basically converted their headquarters into bits of us.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 01, 2015, 12:10:03 pm »

We can see through it because it is not static. You grab some of the nearby energy and swirl it into a grin. We are not mana-based, we are from the Prime Crystal, and curious about your magic, although we have already run into some arcanists before we discovered your existence, Thon. So the something else first, if you don't mind. Also, it is aligned within the margin of error, so we are nowhere near a mess. Much less an Other-damned one.

Thon is not what you would call 'impressed' by your statement. But he isn't 'unimpressed' either. "Well technically, that does make you an other-damned mess. You are by default not from the planet if you come from space. But for the sake of having someone less irritating than proxians to speak to, I will not be quite that literal. But no, if you already ran into some arcanists, than they probably told you a whole bunch of rubbish about balance and sacrificing household objects for the greater good. I will quickly fix your knowledge of the arcane before you screw things up."
He then pulls out a hammer-shaped line of mana from himself and swings it in your general direction, passing through like the mana beam did when you pulled on it before.
"The point is not to balance what you give up and what you want done. Mana flows, and with it, your spells should. Arcanist spells expire quickly and often before they intended to when they are being taught. They learn not to maintain their spells, but to simply put more effort into it. The only ones who bother to maintain anything are the librarians, who keep their buildings from getting too wet and ruining the books, or too dry and ruining the flammable books. As long as you do not overdraw on what you have, the spell should be able to last indefinitely, presuming no interference. However, first you must get it going, which is the one part they have down to a science. Listen to them on that point, but take the rest with some salt. Afterwards, you add a maintaining spell onto it if you did not include one in the original cast. You do not need to sacrifice the equivalent of a year of chair production just to have a long-lasting spell, that just wastes many, many chairs and requires more space to setup."

You agree after he asks if it makes better sense and disperses the hammer, thinking about it. Its certainly a more efficient method, although you can see why the proxians don't bother. It is more to keep track of after all. You ask him afterwards if he would mind being non-hostile acquaintances with us.

"If you had asked me to be your friend right now I would've flat out refused, because that would've been a dumb question. But being neutral but interesting neighbors instead? I could do that."

Before you ask Thon to continue on with other topics, you get a message from the fortress diplomatic crystalline that the alteri agents finally deciphered what the Useful crystal was hiding, and that it ended up with a note on their top-facing face with their response when you wanted to see it. Apparently it was rather amusing. Also a report form Outpost Fortress that a new Alterin ship has arrived.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39