Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 82

Author Topic: Mission 27 Radio Chatter  (Read 63212 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27 Radio Chatter
« Reply #735 on: March 11, 2016, 07:23:50 pm »

All signs:
"All the numbers?  And all the orifices."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 11, 2016, 07:43:33 pm »

Blizzard 5 to Firestorm, Earthquake

"Please remain calm, everyone. Though he has his avariciousness, Auron isn't quite so reckless as to go on a total rampage, I believe. If he starts doing so, shock him. Until then, we should give him at least a modicum of trust."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 11, 2016, 08:28:37 pm »

"Please remain calm, everyone. Though he has his avariciousness, Auron isn't quite so reckless as to go on a total rampage, I believe. If he starts doing so, shock him. Until then, we should give him at least a modicum of trust."
Firestorm 5 to Blizzard 5, Earthquake
"He has already killed multiple civilians! He is not replying on radio and is riding a dragon over the top of them like some sort of horrific... Look shock or not we need super-vet intervention NOW."
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 11, 2016, 09:22:52 pm »

Firestorm 5 to Blizzard 5, Earthquake
"He has already killed multiple civilians! He is not replying on radio and is riding a dragon over the top of them like some sort of horrific... Look shock or not we need super-vet intervention NOW."
"Eh, do what you will. I felt it necessary to have at least some voice vouching for him if this goes to trial."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 12, 2016, 10:38:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To Firestorm 5:

"Yeah, see, it's hard for me to decide from here whether shocking is justified right now if people are giving conflicting reports, and I haven't been following the situation myself up till now. If he or anyone else doesn't stop indiscriminately killing after you call them out on over radio, contact Steve and request a shocking, tell him I sent you. Be careful though, it might release the restraints on his id.

If you really want me to take over command of the situation directly, I could, but only if 3 or more of the 5 team leaders over there request it.

Also, before moving on to the next island, you'll want to think long and hard with the rest of the reasonable people in there on how to prevent a repeat of what just happened. Hell, you might consider leaving the disruptive elements on this island to chase down the remaining civilians and throw them in Auron's pocket dimension while the rest of you move on to the actual evac of the next island. Might be the solution that saves the most people in the end, though it's rather cynical to be sure."

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:42:25 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 12, 2016, 02:00:03 pm »

Off radio typhoon Abigail
Abigail blinks and takes her helmet off then blinks again her face is utterly bambozeled staring at mycroft.
......What....I....I...I'm confused what was that?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 12, 2016, 03:31:31 pm »

All signs except supervets because why the fuck are they even on the same radio channels anyway you idiots:

"Hey, Gordon Freeman here. Just gonna let you bunch of murderous idiots know that I've got a group of civilians here that I'm going to lead back to the portal. If ANY of you interfere, I am going to kill you. Stay out of my way. Avalanche 7 out."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 12, 2016, 03:36:47 pm »

Off-radio:
"Huh?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 12, 2016, 03:40:58 pm »

Off radio Abigail typhoon
You had really weird thoughts....I have to say they helped but now...I feel confused more then anything  but I'm better so thanks.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nunzillor

« Reply #744 on: March 12, 2016, 03:47:26 pm »

Hurricane-4 to Avalanche-7 and Hurricane:

"this is hurricane-4.  copy that, avalanche-7.  eagle-2, can you please only non-lethally prepare civilians for transport that aren't near the group of civilians avalanche-7 is convincing?  looks like he may be able to peacefully coerce some to return to the portal, so let's not spook them."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:22:28 pm by Nunzillor »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 12, 2016, 03:57:12 pm »

Eagle two here, understood. I will begin a fly by.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 12, 2016, 04:08:29 pm »

To Firestorm 5:

"Yeah, see, it's hard for me to decide from here whether shocking is justified right now if people are giving conflicting reports, and I haven't been following the situation myself up till now. If he or anyone else doesn't stop indiscriminately killing after you call them out on over radio, contact Steve and request a shocking, tell him I sent you. Be careful though, it might release the restraints on his id.

If you really want me to take over command of the situation directly, I could, but only if 3 or more of the 5 team leaders over there request it.

Also, before moving on to the next island, you'll want to think long and hard with the rest of the reasonable people in there on how to prevent a repeat of what just happened. Hell, you might consider leaving the disruptive elements on this island to chase down the remaining civilians and throw them in Auron's pocket dimension while the rest of you move on to the actual evac of the next island. Might be the solution that saves the most people in the end, though it's rather cynical to be sure."

Firestorm 5 to Earthquake 1
"Understood sire"

Firestorm 5 to Blizzard
"Auron STOP. Or you will be shocked."

Firestorm 5 to Avalanche-7
"I can assist your approach as best I can if you want avalanche-7"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 12, 2016, 04:30:56 pm »

Earthquake 1

Blizzard 2 to Earthquake 1, having sneaking suspicion that Firestorm 5 is still talking shit over radio from latest team-wide message. Request confirmation. Would advise not listening to panicking individuals too much, current instructions have been well-heeded and extreme violence has yet to occur. Firestorm 5 has shown episodes of flailing hysteria in Chief's memory, would advise taking his testimony with grain of salt. Over.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 12, 2016, 04:42:33 pm »

Earthquake 1

Blizzard 2 to Earthquake 1, having sneaking suspicion that Firestorm 5 is still talking shit over radio from latest team-wide message. Request confirmation. Would advise not listening to panicking individuals too much, current instructions have been well-heeded and extreme violence has yet to occur. Firestorm 5 has shown episodes of flailing hysteria in Chief's memory, would advise taking his testimony with grain of salt. Over.

"I'm not gonna start playing "he said she said" here. As I told him, if people continue to actively team- or civviekill then, and only then, can they request a shocking of said elements by Steve. Other than that, just get on with it and make sure the next island's evac doesn't go quite so badly. Have you people thought up a better plan yet that will prevent a repeat of what happened here?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 12, 2016, 04:53:49 pm »

"I'm not gonna start playing "he said she said" here. As I told him, if people continue to actively team- or civviekill then, and only then, can they request a shocking of said elements by Steve. Other than that, just get on with it and make sure the next island's evac doesn't go quite so badly. Have you people thought up a better plan yet that will prevent a repeat of what happened here?"

Copy that, Earthquake 1. Potential plan is to utilize sods and unoccupied newbie teams to encircle, pacify and herd nearby centers of population toward the portal and deposit them inside. Not the current plan, merely my own thoughts on productive courses of action. Will check with rest of team to see if plan meets approval.

Blizzard Team

Blizzard 2 to Blizzard Team, suggesting we find a nearby population center, encircle it and utilize available personnel (sods, newbie teams) to convince the populace to move to the portal posthaste. Would suggest a test of this concept on a nearby village if one can be found, then in the event of success apply the same plan in further engagement with populace. Seems the only realistic way to obtain 80-90% of population as mission parameters dictate. There may be unforeseen variables in unreasonable resistance - hopefully this can be managed with sufficient explanation. Application of force should ideally be sparing to minimize fatalities among fleshies. Tactical opinions? Over.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 82