Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 619629 times)

Major Monocle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1335 on: April 18, 2013, 10:23:02 am »

And another one!! My left eye was fractured and cut, as were my teeth. Will this effect anything?

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #1336 on: April 18, 2013, 01:17:10 pm »

But Monocle, silver spears are crap! If you really want it, just walk in the direction you threw it until you find it. Shouldn't be further away than thirty tiles at most.

I don't think losing one eye does anything but make your character more badass. If you lose your other eye, though, I think you'll only be able to see objects and tiles your character is standing on.
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Slayermaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 18, 2013, 04:26:53 pm »

How can I see when an attribute has reached its cap?

Major Monocle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 18, 2013, 04:44:07 pm »

But Monocle, silver spears are crap! If you really want it, just walk in the direction you threw it until you find it. Shouldn't be further away than thirty tiles at most.

I don't think losing one eye does anything but make your character more badass. If you lose your other eye, though, I think you'll only be able to see objects and tiles your character is standing on.
Yeah, I found it. It doesn't make a good throwing weapon as much as it does in real life. What is a good long range weapon? (not bows, they slow me down too much)

Major Monocle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 18, 2013, 05:11:00 pm »

Aaaand another. I can take on packs of wolves, alligators, and vampires literally without taking a scratch. But I went up against a hammerman and got pulverised. I didn't even get a hit in... wtf?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 18, 2013, 05:17:25 pm »

Yeah, I found it. It doesn't make a good throwing weapon as much as it does in real life. What is a good long range weapon? (not bows, they slow me down too much)
I like to throw arrows and bolts. No reload time, but just as devastating as firing them.

Aaaand another. I can take on packs of wolves, alligators, and vampires literally without taking a scratch. But I went up against a hammerman and got pulverised. I didn't even get a hit in... wtf?
Who'd have thought that well-armored enemies with years of combat experience would be tougher than wild animals and unarmored cowards? ;)
Bandits can seriously mess you up. Sneaking, ranged combat and fighting in groups are good tactics.

PS: You can edit your posts with the modify button to the right. It helps with avoiding double posts.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:18:57 pm by Trif »
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Major Monocle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 18, 2013, 06:22:27 pm »

I like to throw arrows and bolts. No reload time, but just as devastating as firing them.

Who'd have thought that well-armored enemies with years of combat experience would be tougher than wild animals and unarmored cowards? ;)
Bandits can seriously mess you up. Sneaking, ranged combat and fighting in groups are good tactics.

PS: You can edit your posts with the modify button to the right. It helps with avoiding double posts.
Whoops, forgot double posting. >_< thanks. But, i mean it's not sensible. I have iron armor, and I am an expert swordsman... Shouldn't i at least be able to hit him? And my sneak is 4 levels away from being maxed. I do need to level up my throwing though. I just wiped out a group of bandits without too much trouble, the pikeman did give me a little bruise though.

P.S. I really don't want to become a vampire. How do i know if i've become one? Also, say i have an adventurer roaming around and the game updates. I know i can't use the adventurer, but will i be able to use the world i generated?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:39:39 pm by Major Monocle »

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: April 18, 2013, 06:40:14 pm »

Maybe the guy got lucky, maybe he was more experienced than the average bandit, you never know for sure in adventurer mode. Him being a hammerman definitely helped since blunt attacks aren't blocked by armor.

Vampires don't get hungry, and their thirst is red.

Major Monocle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 18, 2013, 06:51:14 pm »

Maybe the guy got lucky, maybe he was more experienced than the average bandit, you never know for sure in adventurer mode. Him being a hammerman definitely helped since blunt attacks aren't blocked by armor.

Vampires don't get hungry, and their thirst is red.
Ok, that definitely makes sense. I'm waiting to get my revenge... >:) Ah, ok, thanks for that. :D Also, about the world question?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 18, 2013, 07:05:58 pm »

Oh, I missed that edit. Most likely, no, you won't be able to use the same world or regenerate it in the new version. The changes are just too massive. The quicker bugfix versions after the big release will be save compatible with each other though.

Major Monocle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 18, 2013, 07:09:01 pm »

Oh, I missed that edit. Most likely, no, you won't be able to use the same world or regenerate it in the new version. The changes are just too massive. The quicker bugfix versions after the big release will be save compatible with each other though.
Nooooo.... D: Man, That should be something to work on, older compatibility with saves. Kinda like (please no hate, this game is so much better.) minecraft. I dunno how easy it would be though. :/

I am so FULL of questions. XD Anyhow, what's with lashers pretty much teleporting into my face? It hurts. D:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 07:44:28 pm by Major Monocle »

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: April 18, 2013, 07:40:34 pm »

Nooooo.... D: Man, That should be something to work on, older compatibility with saves. Kinda like (please no hate, this game is so much better.) minecraft. I dunno how easy it would be though. :/
There are too many things that have been changed in the world. Toady isn't just adding some new minerals or animals, he added sites for every cilvilization, remade combat, there's succession, multi-tile trees, tracking etc etc. Bugfix releases or updates with just a few new features like minecarts are always save-compatible, but ensuring that for the big ones would take months and that's not worth it.

Major Monocle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: April 18, 2013, 07:45:48 pm »

There are too many things that have been changed in the world. Toady isn't just adding some new minerals or animals, he added sites for every cilvilization, remade combat, there's succession, multi-tile trees, tracking etc etc. Bugfix releases or updates with just a few new features like minecarts are always save-compatible, but ensuring that for the big ones would take months and that's not worth it.
Ah. Alright then. The game is made up of alot of config/text files. Would it be possible to copy/paste those over to essentially clone a save/area in a new version?

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #1348 on: April 19, 2013, 09:33:23 am »

Is there maybe a World Seed you can find and use, just like in Minecraft?
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 19, 2013, 02:39:52 pm »

Yes, you can export the seed, but using it in the next version won't generate the same world.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 327